LL Cool J ''THE FORCE'' Discussion Thread

Spidey Man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I heard a review where the person said they felt LL had ghostwriters. One song they said he sounded like Ross. And other songs they never heard him rap the way he did. Do you think it's evolution or he had help?

LL been destroying tracks longer than that reviewer has been alive.

stave

Superstar
Daps
Who produced the track with Em bc this beat is awful and sounds like his usual trash

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
I don't think someone like LL would use writers...at least not verse writers, lol, maybe a hook or a bridge or something like that. You gotta keep in mind, it's 2024...he's been inactive, for the most part, for over 20 years. I would hope all that time he's been listening and studying and learning from all of these evolved, advanced lyricists would influence and improve his pen...I wouldn't expect him to be rapping like he rapped in 1999 today, lol.
This + with cats like LL you have an added effect.

All the cats that people claim LL sounds like.....sound like LL themselves. He set the foundations for a lot of these dudes, some of them you could argue took it further than L did (like a Nas)- but his DNA is still in them. So you get this interesting loop where they've been rapping like LL better than he has since whenever you could argue he kind of fell off (for me it was after the GOAT album...) - and now that LL has recaptured that spark he sounds more like them than he sounds like the LL of the last 15ish years.

If you listen to early and 90's LL though - it's not THAT far off. Sure he seems to drop more multi's now, and he adapts his flow a bit...But this sounds like an evolution from Mr. Smith/GOAT LL...which were evolutions from the early 90's LL etc.

So anything is possible, but I think LL is one of those cats who I would give the benefit of the doubt all day everyday - he's built up that credit.

Spidey Man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Dope. Didn't like the saweetie song or the posse joint

At least we got a video out of saweetie.

He should have just released that verse as an interlude instead of posse cut. It was a freestyle for sway that a lot of people heard already. Couple have saved a couple of bucks and cut the other guys out and just released the audio from sway.

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
At least we got a video out of saweetie.

He should have just released that verse as an interlude instead of posse cut. It was a freestyle for sway that a lot of people heard already. Couple have saved a couple of bucks and cut the other guys out and just released the audio from sway.
LL always does a posse cut on serious albums.

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
I’m totally shocked at how dope this is ….whens the last time this nikka has dropped a coherent sonically cohesive and fresh approach to an album?

Bro is just spitting his ass off and tip really drives home how useful having a centralized production sound can be ….theres only like 2 songs on here that I wasn’t feeling ….i hope they do a part 2 because it sounds like L still has some fire left in that gas tank

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
This + with cats like LL you have an added effect.

All the cats that people claim LL sounds like.....sound like LL themselves. He set the foundations for a lot of these dudes, some of them you could argue took it further than L did (like a Nas)- but his DNA is still in them. So you get this interesting loop where they've been rapping like LL better than he has since whenever you could argue he kind of fell off (for me it was after the GOAT album...) - and now that LL has recaptured that spark he sounds more like them than he sounds like the LL of the last 15ish years.

If you listen to early and 90's LL though - it's not THAT far off. Sure he seems to drop more multi's now, and he adapts his flow a bit...But this sounds like an evolution from Mr. Smith/GOAT LL...which were evolutions from the early 90's LL etc.

So anything is possible, but I think LL is one of those cats who I would give the benefit of the doubt all day everyday - he's built up that credit.

Exactly. LL is like the George Mikan of rap. His game evolved into guys like Nas (or with Mikan Shaq)

ShaDynasty

Chaos Theory Part 1 - The Album
Daps
Saturday Night Special is fire. A lot of these songs are stuck in my head but that one has a different vibe.

ShaDynasty

Chaos Theory Part 1 - The Album
Daps
I’m totally shocked at how dope this is ….whens the last time this nikka has dropped a coherent sonically cohesive and fresh approach to an album?

Bro is just spitting his ass off and tip really drives home how useful having a centralized production sound can be ….theres only like 2 songs on here that I wasn’t feeling ….i hope they do a part 2 because it sounds like L still has some fire left in that gas tank
I think LL mentioned a deluxe version. Hope its more than a few songs.