LL Cool J ''THE FORCE'' Discussion Thread

ArchStanton

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
17K first week. Wish he would’ve cracked 20k given how awesome this project is but after 40 years the quality is the prize.
I don't know what good numbers even are anymore, but feels like LL deserved more for this one. He worked his ass off on promo, too. But as you said, the quality is the main thing.

Black Miller

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Columbia, SC via Niagara Falls, NY
very enjoyable album. ll just sounds so crisp on sharp on this project. i went to see him live last year during the f.o.r.c.e tour with the roots and others. incredible live performer.

overall i'm loving this album and q-tip did a great job production wise. i remember ll saying he did songs with dr. dre and that dre music was better than his raps. i'd love for him to go back and revisit those songs with this hunger he had on this album.

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
I don't know what good numbers even are anymore, but feels like LL deserved more for this one. He worked his ass off on promo, too. But as you said, the quality is the main thing.

He'll make up for it with tours and streams.

For the life of me I don't know why he coasted sometimes.

At his absolute best

Shut Em Down
Ill Bomb
Passion
Murdergram 1 and 2
Gets No Rougher
Hey Lover
Bad
Mama Said
4 Seasons

He's a phenom. But the flip side is a chore with him.

Top 5-10 all day but wildly inconsistent at times.

He's like Reggie Miller. He's sometimes cockier than his talent. But still top 10

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga

I have no idea either lol. Feels like the shyt is just random. Like you said LL was EVERYWHERE promoting. Dropped three videos. Had the Eminem feature. Performed an incredible set at the VMAS. Reviews have been glowing. I wasn’t expecting nothing crazy but thought 20K might’ve been doable considering the positive word of mouth.

QBN

All Star
Daps
Black Code Suite is :blessed: I love that he featured a traditional African music artist (not Afrobeats) on that track.

Really good album, the replay factor is high. Never saw Uncle L perform in the past, but if he tours in my city this year I'm definitely pulling up.

Oh and I love those Five Percenter bars on Huey in the Chair and Praise Him w Nas. I really miss the influence of the Five-Percent Nation in hip hop. Peace to the Gods!

ArchStanton

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's the 58th best opening week for an album this year, so that doesn't seem too bad for someone of his status. Sales are just weird now.