LL Cool J ''THE FORCE'' Discussion Thread

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Black Code Suite is :blessed: I love that he featured a traditional African music artist (not Afrobeats) on that track.

Really good album, the replay factor is high. Never saw Uncle L perform in the past, but if he tours in my city this year I'm definitely pulling up.

Oh and I love those Five Percenter bars on Huey in the Chair and Praise Him w Nas. I really miss the influence of the Five-Percent Nation in hip hop. Peace to the Gods!
DO THAT. DO NOT HESITATE.

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
LL Cool J is an incredible performer still today. Saw him last year for that F.O.R.C.E. concert and it was great. Stage presence, no background track, very minimal holding the mic to the crowd stuff, etc. seeing something like that then remembering how terrible A Boogie was a couple years prior was :mjlol:

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
LL Cool J is an incredible performer still today. Saw him last year for that F.O.R.C.E. concert and it was great. Stage presence, no background track, very minimal holding the mic to the crowd stuff, etc. seeing something like that then remembering how terrible A Boogie was a couple years prior was :mjlol:

LL is phenomenal live. Went to the same tour

DrexlersFade

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I have no idea either lol. Feels like the shyt is just random. Like you said LL was EVERYWHERE promoting. Dropped three videos. Had the Eminem feature. Performed an incredible set at the VMAS. Reviews have been glowing. I wasn’t expecting nothing crazy but thought 20K might’ve been doable considering the positive word of mouth.

Black Code Suite is :blessed: I love that he featured a traditional African music artist (not Afrobeats) on that track.

Really good album, the replay factor is high. Never saw Uncle L perform in the past, but if he tours in my city this year I'm definitely pulling up.

Oh and I love those Five Percenter bars on Huey in the Chair and Praise Him w Nas. I really miss the influence of the Five-Percent Nation in hip hop. Peace to the Gods!

DO THAT. DO NOT HESITATE.

LL is phenomenal live. Went to the same tour
@QBN listen to these guys I saw him on the Force too amazing performer live.

valet

The official Chaplain of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I heard a review where the person said they felt LL had ghostwriters. One song they said he sounded like Ross. And other songs they never heard him rap the way he did. Do you think it's evolution or he had help?

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
I heard a review where the person said they felt LL had ghostwriters. One song they said he sounded like Ross. And other songs they never heard him rap the way he did. Do you think it's evolution or he had help?

He’s been very clear in every interview that he was taking his writing dead serious for this album. He dismantled the album he was doing with Dr Dre because he said his writing wasn’t up to par.

If there’s no proof to the contrary then LL wrote this album.

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
i dont get that. someone who has written for decades suddenly needs help?

if you can power thru horrible production since he dropped '10' you can hear he has been rhyming like that for a while. ppl telling on themselves

ArchStanton

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
don't feel bad for him. He will make money touring. He's good. It's a dope album though.
I feel more bad for us because if the units don't move, then we might miss out on other quality projects that never get made. But I don't know that it's a huge concern for LL on this one, he wanted to make the best album he could and everything else seems to be secondary.

Tommy Gibbs

All Star
Daps
I feel more bad for us because if the units don't move, then we might miss out on other quality projects that never get made. But I don't know that it's a huge concern for LL on this one, he wanted to make the best album he could and everything else seems to be secondary.
no one is moving units today. Physical media is dead and we've seen how bots can be used to manipulate actual streaming numbers.

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't think someone like LL would use writers...at least not verse writers, lol, maybe a hook or a bridge or something like that. You gotta keep in mind, it's 2024...he's been inactive, for the most part, for over 20 years. I would hope all that time he's been listening and studying and learning from all of these evolved, advanced lyricists would influence and improve his pen...I wouldn't expect him to be rapping like he rapped in 1999 today, lol.