Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
What makes LL more in impressive for his career

He's not a story teller like Slick Rick
Or inner rhymes like Rakim
Or politically charged like KRS
Or straight up lyrical like Kane or Kool G mixed with street rhymes. He can be I know. But that's not really him overall.

He's like a throw back block MC still relevant. Party rhymes, girls, and bragging

He's managed to basically be a straight up B-boy his whole career.
LL is an underrated storyteller.

Cheesey Rat Blues
Big Ole Butt
Spirit Of Cyrus
Kanday
Bristol Hotel
My Rhyme Ain't Done
The Doo Wop
Milky Cereal
Funkadelic Relic
Luv U Better
30 Decembers

and more are stories or have storytelling elements. LL is one of the most talented rappers to ever live. People let the sex symbol image fool them. He's a pure MC.

Morose Polymath

GODHOOD
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Above The Clouds
I'm late in responding but like most of the brehs this album was an unexpected breath of fresh air.

In 2024 never would I have thought LL would drop a Police Assassination Anthem :wow: ,after he dropped that garbage ass Accidental Racist :scusthov:

Nah but seriously tho, Spirit Of Cyrus is fukkin fire to me. And for those who mentioned this track being about Dorner are correct, only the entire song is about Dorner and his experience with the corrupted LAPD. All the way to the last bar, which is deep cause if you remember Dorner "died" in a wildfire at a mountain cabin.

Meet me in the mountains, let's play a childish game
I'll hide while you seek, then we'll go up in flames

my favorite bars are:

These bullets are my slaves, it's time to set them free
I smile as my lead nikkas run away from me
Please catch 'em for me, I smiled when you saw me

And Tip did his thing on the production, the second verse where the harmonizing vocals come in behind LL rhyming :ohlawd: and Snoop did his thing on the hook like always.... I fux with this whole project overall heavy.... hearing this made nikka rock his flattop with pride :flabbynsick:

Last edited: