Live video: George Zimmerman Trial - jury selection, trial, verdict, eye rolling

Suicide King

#OldBlack
Daps
Breh, the real story is he ran up on him on some "What the f*ck you doing here nikka? I'm tired of you thieves getting away" TM was like :whoa: homie, :wtf: and started running away from this creepy ass dude. GZ runs up on him, pulls the happer, TM sees it and starts fighting for his life, GZ wins the struggle, shoots him in the chest, realized what he did was f*cked up, and f*cked himself up a bit to make it appear as he had been in a more serious struggle. :scusthov: at all these CACs inside their heart like :noah: hoping GZ gets off to show they still run the country. :pacspit: You'd have to be a dumbazz not to see through the lies the defense, that's why it was so vicious once they started getting exposed.

I don't think he had the gun out before he approached Trayvon.

Trayvon is way stronger than Zimmerman, he would have pinned his arm to the ground and screamed for help until someone came. 90 degree angle, no contact wound, and no struggle for the gun meant Trayvon was a distance away from Zimmerman. Trayvon's only mistake is he didn't think that animal would shoot him.

I understand a defense lawyer's job is to make sure their clients are not severely punished or they get a second chance at life, but I think even O'Mara was moved by John Guy's closing statement. Even that lawyer on Channel 9 who was straight hating the whole time, was speechless when the camera cut to him then gave John Guy props.

No..Money..Mo..Problems

it is what it is
Daps
Reppin
Worldwide
Don't expect a manslaughter conviction fellas. It will either be 2nd degree murder or an acquittal. The reason the prosecutor went with the murder charge was because of the screams and the fact that Shooterman said it didn't even sound like him and that his mouth was being covered. If the jury doesn't believe Shooterman was screaming than they will convict him of murder.

NZA

LOL
Daps
Reppin
These Internet Streetz
Bruh that Frank Taffe dude said some shyt last night on HLN that had me about to punch my wall. He made a joke that he was gonna go to lunch with someone and bring skittles and watermelon tea. The whole panel was :merchant: and Dr Drew shifted gears asap. They didn't kick him off set though.

his dumbass son killed himself last year in a car accident, so he's probably going ham at trayvon with pain in his heart or something

blackzeus

Superstar
Daps
Brehs, anybody reading the CNN article today? :mindblown:

O'Mara: No winners possible in Zimmerman case

Lake Mary, Florida (CNN) -- Whatever the six-woman jury mulling the fate of George Zimmerman decides, the former neighborhood watch volunteer charged with second-degree murder in the fatal shooting of Trayvon Martin cannot emerge as a winner, according to his defense attorney.

Asked Wednesday what kind of life Zimmerman would lead if he were acquitted, Mark O'Mara told CNN's Martin Savidge "not a good one."

"He has to live mostly in hiding :obama:, he has to protect himself from that periphery that still believe that he's some racist murderer or acted in a bad way," O'Mara said. "I think that he's probably concerned about living in central Florida and never having a normal life, and that's unfortunate. His life will never be the same."

Did investigators blow the Zimmerman case? :why:

O'Mara said he had received dozens of e-mails from people "who are vicious in their hatred for George Zimmerman -- and for me. It's absurd, but they're there. So, I don't know which is the one who's going to walk down the street at the same time George does. They know what he looks like; he doesn't know what they look like."
Photos: Zimmerman trial Photos: Zimmerman trial
O'Mara: Case is not about civil rights
O'Mara: Jeantel was a reluctant witness
:merchant:

But O'Mara offered no regrets about having taken on the high-profile, racially charged case in April 2012, two months after the black 17-year-old was shot dead in a Sanford, Florida, neighborhood while returning home one February night wearing a hoodie sweatshirt and carrying nothing more threatening than a bag of Skittles and a canned soft drink.

"It just seemed like it was perfect for me," the lawyer said. "And you overlay that with the social questions about the case, the racism questions, the way this case is being viewed, even the stand-your-ground law itself, it just met on literally all eight cylinders."

Florida's stand-your-ground law, which allows the use of deadly force by someone facing a reasonable belief of an illegal threat, has also come under scrutiny in the case.

What about Martin's right to 'stand his ground'?

The defense lawyer said he typically does not even ask his clients -- most of whom "have done something wrong" -- whether they are innocent of whatever charge or charges they face. "It's too personal, in a strange way," he said.

But that was not the case with Zimmerman.

"Once I learned that George was significantly injured that night, and that he voluntarily complied with all law enforcement requests -- from interviews to voice stress analysis tests to walkthroughs -- I knew that there was something here different than most cases."

He said he regretted that the case has divided the country along racial lines, which would not be erased by the verdict. "Half of the country is going to be upset with the verdict. It's absurd," he said. "And it's absurd that 75% of the people who were asked about whether or not George Zimmerman could get a fair trial a month before the trial started said no. That should never happen in our country. There shouldn't be 1% of our population who believes that anybody cannot get a fair trial."

Top 10 moments in the Zimmerman trial

Zimmerman's father has accused the counsel of not stating forcefully enough that his son was innocent, but the lawyer defended his actions. "While I could have gone up to the top of the stairs and screamed his innocence at the top of my lungs, I would have only incensed those very people who I really wanted to do some reaching out to," he said.

He credited that tack with having lowered the intensity of the public anger that boiled over in the initial stages of the case. "There are not a lot of people screaming at the top of their lungs any more that George is a racist, and they're not even saying that he's a murderer," he said. "I think people get that he's a non-racist." :what:
What's next for George Zimmerman?
O'Mara: No trial if not for Ben Crump
O'Mara reflects on prosecutor, judge

O'Mara cited his client's work as a mentor to black children and his having taken a black girl to his prom as evidence of his nonracist beliefs. "You didn't have to scratch very far below the surface to realize that George Zimmerman is an anti-racist," he said. Did this CAC not hear the telephone calls?

Zimmerman trial: It's about race

O'Mara said he has funded some of the defense work out of his own pocket. "People still need to be paid," he said, "depositions need to be taken." While he welcomed donations from the public, most of them in $10 to $100 amounts, he said he has rejected "a dozen or thereabouts" donations that came with messages expressing racist points of view.

This trial would never have happened -- and Zimmerman would never be the subject of death threats, even if he's acquitted -- if it weren't for the efforts of lawyers for Martin's family, led by Benjamin Crump, contends O'Mara.

"They victimized him," the defense lawyer said. "George Zimmerman was victimized by a publicity campaign to smear him, to call him a racist when he wasn't, and to call him a murderer when he wasn't."
TM is dead and GZ is the victim? :wtf:

When confronted with these comments Friday night, Crump countered by saying that Zimmerman's team "seemed to forget that Trayvon Martin was dead, (an) unarmed kid on the ground who his client profiled, followed, pursued and shot in the heart."

"They had ... a confessed killer, and they weren't going to arrest him," Crump told CNN's Piers Morgan, adding that he felt compelled to help Martin's parents press the case. "There's something wrong with that."

On the other side, O'Mara said politics appeared to have affected the way the case was handled by the prosecution. He noted that a special prosecutor was brought in "when there doesn't seem to be any reason why," and that "most good analysts" believed the charges filed were "an abomination." :dead:

But he had praise for Judge Debra Nelson, who has overseen the case. "Even though the rulings did not go our way like I would like them to, she was always well-prepared. She does her case law research, she does her homework," he said. "You mention a case, she knows the case. Those are the signs of a very good judge."

He predicted that justice would ultimately prevail in the form of an acquittal for Zimmerman but acknowledged that the jury deliberation would be a difficult time for him. :beli:

"I can't eat, I can't work, I just have to wait, it is the worst thing," he said. "It's sort of like waiting for a child to be born or something. ... I don't think there's anything else you can do."

Fair and impartial press? :mjpls:

blackzeus

Superstar
Daps

Trayvon is way stronger than Zimmerman, he would have pinned his arm to the ground and screamed for help until someone came. 90 degree angle, no contact wound, and no struggle for the gun meant Trayvon was a distance away from Zimmerman. Trayvon's only mistake is he didn't think that animal would shoot him.

I understand a defense lawyer's job is to make sure their clients are not severely punished or they get a second chance at life, but I think even O'Mara was moved by John Guy's closing statement. Even that lawyer on Channel 9 who was straight hating the whole time, was speechless when the camera cut to him then gave John Guy props.

tumblr_mpi59j8xpV1rz36j2o1_500.jpg

klutch2381

A Doctor of Love
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
If you think you're lonely now, ohhh girl...

You underestimate Zimmerman and overestimate Trayvon. Trayvon wasn't way stronger than Zimmerman. He weighed 153 pounds and was practically 16 years old. He was outweighed by 40 pounds and tussling with a fully mature man in his 20's, and essentially his physical prime, in retrospect. I have never brought the narrative that Trayvon was beating GZ's ass. Never. That's something the defense and Zimmerman have perpetuated. It doesn't make sense, and the physical evidence (cuts less than a cm and so forth) doesn't support Zimmerman taking an ass beating.

I think Zimmerman rolled up on TM, tried to physically restrain him, hence the, "Hey, get off me," that Rachel heard. TM tried to break away, maybe inadvertently or intentionally striking Zimmerman in the nose in the process, they struggle, which is where the cuts come from; unbeknownst to Trayvon, Zimmerman was brandishing the gun when he approached TM. TM starts on top, ZM ends up on top, TM sees that GZ has a gun, screams for help in a "life or death," voice which can only be duplicated by a life or death situation. In turn, his family had a hard time discerning who it was screaming. TM gets free somehow, and then Zimmerman shoots him. Trayvon falls face first. This is all just my opinion in terms of what I feel likely happened based on the evidence and testimony, obviously.

ZM had already decided that Trayvon was up to something, so to him, in his warped ass mind, he was acting out of a sense of duty when he shot Trayvon. He became a vigilante and decided to take the law in his hands. Again, he assumed that Tray was acting in some criminality since he had never seen him.

He realizes he fukked up, comes up with this story about being beaten within an inch of his life and him defending himself. But, like Aristotle said, "The initial deviation from the truth is multiplied later a thousandfold." So, his lies in the end don't add up consistently (e.g., Trayvon was circling his car, he jumped out of bushes and attacked him, and so on).

The rest is history. And now we wait.

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm afraid that the married white women went home and got advice from their cac husbands on some "Do the right thing for our people"

:troll:

Suicide King

#OldBlack
Daps
You underestimate Zimmerman and overestimate Trayvon. Trayvon wasn't way stronger than Zimmerman. He weighed 153 pounds and was practically 16 years old. He was outweighed by 40 pounds and tussling with a fully mature man in his 20's, and essentially his physical prime, in retrospect. I have never brought the narrative that Trayvon was beating GZ's ass. Never. That's something the defense and Zimmerman have perpetuated. It doesn't make sense, and the physical evidence (cuts less than a cm and so forth) doesn't support Zimmerman taking an ass beating.

I think Zimmerman rolled up on TM, tried to physically restrain him, hence the, "Hey, get off me," that Rachel heard. TM tried to break away, maybe inadvertently or intentionally striking Zimmerman in the nose in the process, they struggle, which is where the cuts come from; unbeknownst to Trayvon, Zimmerman was brandishing the gun when he approached TM. TM starts on top, ZM ends up on top, TM sees that GZ has a gun, screams for help in a "life or death," voice which can only be duplicated by a life or death situation. In turn, his family had a hard time discerning who it was screaming. TM gets free somehow, and then Zimmerman shoots him. Trayvon falls face first. This is all just my opinion in terms of what I feel likely happened based on the evidence and testimony, obviously.

ZM had already decided that Trayvon was up to something, so to him, in his warped ass mind, he was acting out of a sense of duty when he shot Trayvon. He became a vigilante and decided to take the law in his hands. Again, he assumed that Tray was acting in some criminality since he had never seen him.

He realizes he fukked up, comes up with this story about being beaten within an inch of his life and him defending himself. But, like Aristotle said, "The initial deviation from the truth is multiplied a thousandfold." So, his lies in the end don't add up consistently (e.g., Trayvon was circling his car, he jumped out of bushes and attacked him, and so forth).

The rest is history. And now we wait.

He would have dropped the gun or shot Trayvon before he took another step. Why shove Trayvon and try to detain him with a gun in the other hand? Zimmerman is a powder puff, that's why someone who weighed 50 pounds less ended on top of him. I believe Trayvon is stronger than Zimmerman, but the only reason he held back because Trayvon knew he would be in handcuffs if he hit Zimmerman. It really was not that serious, but that animal pulled the trigger anyway.

Mr Uncle Leroy

All Star
Daps
on HLN, there are talking about some of the sentiments that may have echoes throughout the prosecutions witness, that, the law enforcement of stanford, did not consistently side with prosecution and most, if not all the cases, the law enforcement sides with the prosecution, and some of those law enforcement people might be loosing their jobs