Live video: George Zimmerman Trial - jury selection, trial, verdict, eye rolling

Wallychamp

Kings Lose Crowns, Teachers Stay Intelligent
Daps
Since this is new evidence and maybe more damaging. Can the sentencing be changed to reflect this evidence... Like First degree murder?

No... This doesn't show premeditation....

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
so basically defense couldn't come up with shyt during the recess

the artist known az

Hail the victors
Daps
Reppin
TSC FA' Life #ByrdGang
What the prosecution is trying to show is that the defendant isn't some clueless average joe who just happened to spot a suspicious person. What there saying is that Shooterman was a wanna be a cop who decide to take the law into his own hands. They also want to show that he lied when he stated that he didn't know anything about stand your ground/self defense laws. Anytime the prosecutor can show that you are lying during a self defense trial it blows your credibility and shows the jury that the defendant is willing to lie or hiding something.

That's what I said in my post before the one you quoted. I was just answering his question on if they show that he wanted to be a cop if they could change the charge to 1st degree murder

DaChampIsHere

Survive the drought
Daps
Reppin
Great Pyramids of Giza
So the defense made it a point to find things in Martin's background to make him look like a thug but when the tables are turned its "we want to focus on what happened that night" gtfoh.

I think if Trayvon had started the course of events you may have had a point.

This wasn't started by Trayvon acting any kind of way though. He was just walking home. Zimmerman was starting things so his point of view/angle here matters because the way he views things drives the action of the night.

It can be said that Zimmerman was trying to play cops and robbers and therefore his past attempts and thirst for a career in law enforcement definitely motivated his driving of the situation.

Trayvon can change to any other unknown kid here (clean record or not) and Zimmerman would have probably still been trying to "play cop".

Objection

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Louisiana

This wasn't started by Trayvon acting any kind of way though. He was just walking home. Zimmerman was starting things so his point of view/angle here matters because the way he views things drives the action of the night.

It can be said that Zimmerman was trying to play cops and robbers and therefore his past attempts and thirst for a career in law enforcement definitely motivated his driving of the situation.

Trayvon can change to any other unknown kid here (clean record or not) and Zimmerman would have probably still been trying to "play cop".

I agree, if Trayvon would have started the altercation then by all means bring up his background. The defense has tried to paint him as a young thug who overreacted to a concerned citizen just trying to make sure his neighborhood was safe. But when the prosecution wants to paint Zimmerman as a wanna be gung ho cop who initiated it all they not for it. I wish the judge would have just called them on the hypocrisy instead of giving them 30 minutes to research it.

Commander in Chiefin

Passing blunts and bills $$$
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Green Party

I think thats why his comment of "oh shyt, he's running" to the 911 operator is important.

DaChampIsHere

Survive the drought
Daps
Reppin
Great Pyramids of Giza
The defense has tried to paint him as a young thug who overreacted to a concerned citizen just trying to make sure his neighborhood was safe. .
There's no evidence he over reacted though. There is evidence that Zimmerman got out his car and pursued Trayvon, disregarding enforcement orders and bringing into question his state of mind at the moment.

The defense can prove that Trayvon is the biggest thug ever. That didn't make GZ get out the car though, because he couldn't have possibly know that at the time unless he wants to admit that he profiled Trayvon.