GoAggieGo.

getting blitzed.
Daps
Reppin
ATL via Tre 4
exactly
except for one obvious person in here

it feels good to see us come together instead of bickering
I take some ownership in the bickering, as I was apart of it at times as well. I’ve had to learn that there is more than one way for us to get to reparations, and it’s ok if we all have and hang onto our different values and beliefs on that journey. I’m going to hang onto mine. So, if you want to be drapped in Americanness, that’s cool and if you’re Pan African at heart, that’s cool as well. It’s too early for us to be alienating ourselves. We’ll eventually have to have some tough conversations, but honestly, we’re so far away from that.

Anyways, while I would’ve liked a few swaps in the lineup, for the most part, I was cool with who they had up there and understood it. No matter what Tone (and I’m a fan of his when he’s strictly talking data) says, celebrity is still king in this country and you needed a celebrity up there that could pass a relatable story. Having Glover up there was cool.

The reverend - another thing internet folks don’t understand is that black America is still largely Christian, and no matter how “pro-black” you are or want to be, you are still going to have to convince some whites to be on your side. The reverend served his purpose; even mentioned getting a check at the end, after he eased their minds a bit.

Coates - He was excellent, and the way he explains things are easily digestible. There are some new to the topic of reparations. Need to ease them into this.

Katrina - Great addition, as she’s a white ally. Comes from slave owners, and she has the ability to break it down to other white men and women; particularly women. Need more like her speaking up.

Don’t have to speak on Malveaux, as she provided an Econ 101 to reparations. She didn’t throw the heavy stuff out yet, but that’s ok, we’ll get that out.

Next hearing, you hit them hard, but today was good. Today eased a lot of people into the discussion on reparations.

Artenche

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Ayiti
Whats trump got to do with this Im lost

That the people complicit in getting him into office, along with the party he's currently affiliated with would NEVER even discuss or entertain the idea of reps. The two party system if garbage but these are the facts.

AlainLocke

Banned
Daps
Ta-Nahesi Coates said all the right words

Generational Trust
Citizenship
Inheritance
Terror
Heirs
Plunder
Looting
Living Memory

Coates should've just been given the ball for Team Pro H40 and let him talk all the shots. Coates was the smart kid in the group project that got all the smart questions.

Rewatching this, a lot of this hearing was seemed less about HR 40, slavery and reparations and centered around explaining to everyone that ADOS aren't defective and responsible for their condition and White people have nothing to be scared of if they do the right thing.

When politics move beyond defending Black people's problems like we are children talking to a parent and assuring White people everything is gonna be okay if they do the right thing, that it ain't gonna hurt to take the band-aid off, politics will be so much better. Then we can reach the point to just solving problems.

By the 2 hour mark, things just completely into rhetoric and personal anecdotes, while Coates being the guy that brings it back to the point why everyone is there.

Coates testimony will be the most impactful for generation to come, when I am dead and gone and the struggle is still going on.

Coates deserve a medal.

Last edited:

Londilon

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Did you know that America gave reparations to Japanese Americans because Japan attacked them at pearl harbor?

They were in war against one another.

ADOS weren't even able to fight back against slavery.

We need our money and we need it now.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
Did you know that America gave reparations to Japanese Americans because Japan attacked them at pearl harbor?

They were in war against one another.

ADOS weren't even able to fight back against slavery.

We need our money and we need it now.
I thought they got reparations for being rounded up and put into concentration camps :francis:

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Ta-Nahesi Coates said all the right words

Generational Trust
Citizenship
Inheritance
Terror
Heirs
Plunder
Looting
Living Memory

Coates should've just been given the ball for Team Reparations and let him talk all the shots.

I was surprised...:ehh: Just wished other ADOS speakers was there speaking too...:francis:

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY

:what:

forced-internment-japanese-americans.jpg

japanese_internment_notice_feature.jpg

:patrice: They was rounded up and thrown into camps HERE, just like jews in germany... difference is Americans did this to their own asian citizens...

Londilon

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:what:

forced-internment-japanese-americans.jpg

japanese_internment_notice_feature.jpg

:patrice: They was rounded up and thrown into camps HERE, just like jews in germany... difference is Americans did this to their own asian citizens...

nikka, were they forced to work as slaves? for decades, raped, ect. They where prisoners of war. Not slaves. We need our money.