Live Now! HR 40 Reparations for African American Slavery Congressional Hearing

dj-method-x

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm sorry -- I disagree with them.

They are concentrating on non-factors. No one took those witnesses (republican ) seriously.

Exactly. Those tweets that were quoted is pure agent behavior from folks who are more interested in limelight than seeing reparations progress by any means necessary. I'm sure Rep Conyers was smiling today.

xoxodede

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Michigan/Atlanta
Exactly. Those tweets that were quoted is pure agent behavior from folks who are more interested in limelight than seeing reparations progress by any means necessary. I'm sure Rep Conyers was smiling today.

At this point they need to work on what I and many others have suggested.

I am going to take credit for Stephanie Jones-Rogers Pro-ADOS comments in the Slate article -- because it was ME who kept emailing her -- who personally introduced her to the ADOS movement -- and stayed on her -- asking her to speak on ADOS and support ADOS reparations.

Slate’s Use of Your Data

I am spending my time on reaching out and connecting with people who can make shyt happen. Historians, Scholars and representatives who I can bug and meet with to help the cause.

I could care less what those republican witnesses said.

We need to concentrate on #ADOSstories. Document and pull documents of our families histories and direct crimes committed against our ancestors and fam.

Last edited:
Daps
You still not getting the point

The fact that these politicians are still inviting Black celebrities to these hearings instead of the people that are doing the work is what we talking about.

They invited fukking Danny Glover and a Football player. That's bullshyt.

On the other hand.

You just one of those Twitter liberal blacks that don't like Yvette and Tone and take anything as a win.

ADOS is Yvette and Tone's thing whether you like it or not.

All of this reparations shyt is their thing
Only person that contributed outside of them is Coates and Darrity.

We not gonna let randoms Black Lives Matter and MeToo us and let people hijack the ADOS movement and turn it into liberal bullshyt.

Y'all need to go make your own shyt and do your own shyt and compete.

We ain't gonna let motherfukkers speak for our work. Y'all motherfukkers on that side don't mind randoms pop out if nowhere and speak on y'all politics.

We don't do that on this side.

Tired of seeing grassroots Black led movements hijacked by bullshyt motherfukkers who did not shyt and redirect it.

It's not about being mad or happy or feelings who gives a fukk.

Yvette and Tone should've been there period, since they and ADOS Reparations movement, Breaking Brown and ToneTalks made it happen.

Nobody else. If you ain't part of that then you a random in this reparations thing. We the ones that pushed for this shyt.

fukking Danny Glover and some football player shouldn't have been there.

Even Yvette’s followers have huge egos :ehh:

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I agree. To be honest to TheColi, I am very ambivalent, bordering on negative regarding reparations. Not because I don't think we aren't owed or weren't devastated by the past but I really don't trust the US Gov't to give us a firm foundation for economic survival or excellence. That has never been the plan and some congressional bill won't change it. If reparations ever gets through I sadly view it as a set up. There will be some catch, some poison pill, to screw it all up and it will be used as an excuse for the US to wash its hands of us even though the program was a planned failure. Or it will go primarily to "others"--remember how affirmative action all became about White Women but we got the grief? Then they will use it as a dog whistle to Whites and "other people of Color" to go even harder on us, as if they aren't now.

The problem is though, most of the anti-reparations people and their arguments are so :scust: either not relevant or completely insulting. Reparations advocates have shown in numbers how slavery and segregation affected us wealth and disparity wise. Juelzing around that as if the evidence doesn't exist is BS. If you don't agree, present an alternative but don't preach some fairy tale. In that vein I support Coates and Malveaux 10X more than anything Owens or Hughes is spitting.

I agree and you make valid points. I believe there are pros and cons to reparations. I also believe that many of those for and against have their own agendas. You can see how some of these kats online are on some divide and conquer cause they think they will get some money. You see it on here folks saying dumb shyt like well when we get some money you aint getting none...like these fools even have a say so.

It reminds me how when a parent dies and the whole family is fighting over money. Only to end up blowing all the money because they didn't have an actual plan on how to use the money.

But there are always strings attached when folks give you something. You look at everyone who has gotten something from the government or the worlds governments there were always strings attached. Whether it was native americans getting land or other groups.

Hell even the Jews who folks on here love talking about Israel....fail to realize that once they got that land and money from the western powers. That they had to go along with everything that the western powers did for the next 1000 years. There has almost never been a situation where isreal didn't go along with the global politics of america and the western world (outside of communist russia).

Why cause they are in debt to them and they are basically a welfare state.

Just look how they pander and turn their eye to racist white evangelicals. Cause white evangelicals pump 100s of millions of dollars into their country through donations, political voting and tourism. So even though evangelicals believe that the goal is for jesus to come back (which will destroy isreal and kill all jews). Israel looks the other way cause money talks and bull shyt runs a marathon.

Last edited:

AlainLocke

Banned
Daps
Did you actually watch the hearing or are you just bytching because Yvette and Tone told you to? Don’t even answer that I already know the answer.

The only celeb that was there was Glover, the footballer you speak of was invited by republicans. There were like 5-6 other people invited on behalf of the democrats to make the case for reparations, who spoke way more than Glover that were absolutely qualified to speak and did a good job. Glover himself didn’t do so bad of a job.

I get you have a hard on for Tone and Yvette as they are probably the only ones YOU’VE been exposed to speak on reparations, but they don’t speak for all black folk and there are plenty of others who can and have been speaking on this issue without any of the divisiveness or ignorance that is spread by them 2.

The overwhelming response to the hearing is that it exceeded people’s expectations. The only people bytching are Yvette and Tone cause they are clout chasing and their egos are hurt that in the movements bigest moment they were not included. fukk that self serving nonsense.

Only person that had a good argument was Coates. Everyone else was bullshytting.

I don't care for anybody in any political movement. Everyone is disposable and liable to get replaced.

I care about grassroots movements like ours having power once we become mass.

This reparations shyt is ours, whether you like it or not. Everyone else failed to become mass but we didn't because Yvette and Tone articulated data and material conditions.

Other people talking for reparations, but ain't talking like us are fukking it up.

Only person in that room that had a right to speak was Coates.

I am not a liberal. I don't believe in a bunch of fukking technocrats speaking for me, hijacking my wants and needs.

I am not okay with that shyt. Breaking Brown/ Tone Talks ain't okay with that shyt.

We been on this since 2015, and these motherfukkers can't even give argument right.
These other motherfukkers in that room did not deserve to be there.

They are like people who have someone do their homework for them and turn it in, but don't know shyt.

Only Coates got it right.

They don't want Breaking Brown / Tone Talks argument because it is correct. These Democrats are being forced to confront reparations because us, nobody else.

Period.

Everyone else need to fall in line or do their own work.

xoxodede

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Michigan/Atlanta

What is Yvette saying about living away from whites due to allowing them the benefit?

Coates' is right. Pride, self-care/protection and love -- in addition to white terrorism - and wanting to live around each other aka Black Pride.

How is that a capitalist view?

TARIQ is just dumb - they literally had one statement on that. And Coates shut that mess down.

And is Tone ever happy? EVER? I can't take him seriously. Does he really think that Republicans and whites in general would not have their black people there?

Mrs. Jackson-Lee could not have stopped that.

He should be happy as hell that it was those two picked- a young dude who is a nobody-- and a Republican ex football player who has issues with speaking.

Chrishaune

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Huntsville
Ole boy got up there and said how his parents and family didn’t want him to go up there and speak, and that’s because it was at that moment they realized they messed up and raised a sellout.

He's 23, so those are not just his views. He grew up in a house hearing this stuff. They know it would come back on them and him...

Daps
What is Yvette saying about living away from whites due to allowing them the benefit?

Coates' is right. Pride, self-care/protection and love -- in addition to white terrorism - and wanting to live around each other aka Black Pride.

How is that a capitalist view?

TARIQ is just dumb - they literally had one statement on that. And Coates shut that mess down.

And is Tone ever happy? EVER? I can't take him seriously. Does he really think that Republicans and whites in general would not have their black people there?

Mrs. Jackson-Lee could not have stopped that.

He should be happy as hell that it was those two picked- a young dude who is a nobody-- and a Republican ex football player who has issues with speaking.

You’re 100% wrong, Tariq is not dumb. Tariq is not dumb at all, and he knows exactly what he’s doing, that’s why he latched on this. Now Tone and Yvette are some egotistical haters BUT I do believe they are very passionate and genuine about this. Tariq??? fukk No!

Donald J Trump

H.N.I.C
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
USA
Only person that had a good argument was Coates. Everyone else was bullshytting.

I don't care for anybody in any political movement. Everyone is disposable and liable to get replaced.

I care about grassroots movements like ours having power once we become mass.

This reparations shyt is ours, whether you like it or not. Everyone else failed to become mass but we didn't because Yvette and Tone articulated data and material conditions.

Other people talking for reparations, but ain't talking like us are fukking it up.

Only person in that room that had a right to speak was Coates.

I am not a liberal. I don't believe in a bunch of fukking technocrats speaking for me, hijacking my wants and needs.

I am not okay with that shyt. Breaking Brown/ Tone Talks ain't okay with that shyt.

We been on this since 2015, and these motherfukkers can't even give argument right.
These other motherfukkers in that room did not deserve to be there.

They are like people who have someone do their homework for them and turn it in, but don't know shyt.

Only Coates got it right.

They don't want Breaking Brown / Tone Talks argument because it is correct. These Democrats are being forced to confront reparations because us, nobody else.

Period.

Everyone else need to fall in line or do their own work.
wrong

the black economist was speaking fire

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Look, I'm happy this hearing happen but it was mess. Why the Hell are Celebrities and Athletes testifying? This is a serious issues, it should of only been Lawyers, Economist and Historians. I don't care about your NFL life. Please. Burgess was pathetic. Your "Personal" success story of making it through racism is irrelevant to the broader black community. (But I made it in the NFL why can't you Negros do it too) that's how he sounded. Just because you played in the NFL doesn't make you a "Special" Negro to speak for everyone. At least Danny is an activist but I don't think he should of spoke either because he's mostly an Entertainer as well. Stop having Entertainers speak on very serious Black Issues when we have better equip people to talk about it. Look the money is due. This is a capitalistic society. If you owe a credit card company they can sue you. If you are behind on our house or car they can take it. Well America is in debt with Black People and we are coming to collect.

I thought Coates did pretty well. He's clearly been listening to the grassroots movement with some of the talking points. I have to give Cory some props too, his statement was very good. The White Lady Slave Owner decedent went in also talking about how her family benefited from Slavery in the North. I'm tired of Northerners acting like they weren't racist too when they were. There was slavery in New York and many Northern states. The other Black Guy the Conservatives invited was all over the place coppin pleas for White Supremacy and trying to put Black People's position back on Black People. Also the Republicans clearly showed their hand with Mitch and this hearing. They are not for black people period. Now the Dems are getting that work right now. Gen Xer's and Older Millennials are the reason this hearing is happening today. Baby Boomers are living off their pensions and have checked out. It's all good though, our Parents and Grandparents already fought their battles. It's time to fight ours and Reparations is our Battle. We banded behind the online black media and are holding the Dems accountable for the first time in years.

Mitch Racist A$$ had the nerve to say Barack was reparations when the 1st 13 Presidents owned slaves, SMH. We know the Republicans aren't gonna do sh!t which is why all our heat has been on the Dems. Overall I'm proud of Black Americans on this Juneteenth. Reparations hasn't been talked about on this level in over 100 Years. All the other times were articles or speeches. We've had a few people testify but not on this level. LOL @ Congress talking about "We apologized for Slavery", Stop. That B.S. apology means nothing without Reparations. I was also glad Black Wall Street was mentioned in the hearing. Just 2 short years ago many would of told you something like today would never happen but it did. Bill Clinton and Barack both did not push a Reparations policy which was a failure during Both of their Presidency's. I never expected the Reagan, Bush's or Trump to do it. But we've given the Dems to much political power and votes for this to be happening just now. So everyone needs to keep it 100, American Descendants of Slavery are the reason this hearing happen. Nobody else got this to a national level.

image.jpg

(Also Newsflash, Black People already has been on our Money but we were Slaves on the field on those dollars)

Last edited: