Live From The Concrete Jungle: The Official 2015 All Star Weekend Thread in NYC

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
Thank you, nikka I thought I was the only one that thought J-Rich >>> Vince. That nikka went off :wow:
Too bad J Rich could never dunk nasty in a game outside of fast breaks. J Rich is a prime example of a player who was simply part of the wrong generation. Teams that play off of the ball movement and player movement was non-existent in 2003.

Damnshow

Veteran
Daps
Thank you, nikka I thought I was the only one that thought J-Rich >>> Vince. That nikka went off :wow:
Everything with that dunk was so perfect :wow: Muthafukkas thinking d-mase won it already, someone saying I dont think the bounce is gonna help and then this mofo makes it so flawlessly, all those nba players jumping from their seats and running towards him. Slam dunking legends showing 10s :mjcry: that was the dunk contest in its rawest form, no gimmicks or other shyt :mjcry:

Damnshow

Veteran
Daps
Too bad J Rich could never dunk nasty in a game outside of fast breaks. J Rich is a prime example of a player who was simply part of the wrong generation. Teams that play off of the ball movement and player movement was non-existent in 2003.
He made a few nice posterizations, I like the one where he did a putback on shawn bradleys bytch ass and then sending this fool on the ground like on some wrestling shyt

Youtube dont even have this dunk :mjcry:

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
Everything with that dunk was so perfect :wow: Muthafukkas thinking d-mase won it already, someone saying I dont think the bounce is gonna help and then this mofo makes it so flawlessly, all those nba players jumping from their seats and running towards him. Slam dunking legends showing 10s :mjcry: that was the dunk contest in its rawest form, no gimmicks or other shyt :mjcry:
There was gimmicks in that contest. The Desmond Mason/J-Rich contest was the dunk-wheel contest. It's just that in the finals, they could do whatever they wanted (Thank God)

Damnshow

Veteran
Daps
There was gimmicks in that contest. The Desmond Mason/J-Rich contest was the dunk-wheel contest. It's just that in the finals, they could do whatever they wanted (Thank God)
the wheel was in 2002, the 2003 was perfect minus boring richard jeffersons dunks

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
the greatest slam dunk contest dunk ever, by j-rich in 2003, people dont realize that praising vc too much but that dunk by j-rich was so frikkin difficult and had to be perfect to take the crown, that's like doing a nasty dunk in the playoffs series to win the series.

Exactly. VC hyped was so crazy....don't get me wrong.....his drunk was dope at the time but do you know who I feel sorry for?.....whoever came after him cause of his hype....Nobody gonna care if it's their dunk dope or whack the kept talking about VC and they knew it's a wrap like :mjcry:. People slept on Ricky Davis' 3rd dunk between leg with two f*cking hands....that was more difficult breh but everybody was like :yeshrug: cause
of VC's hype.

at 3:22..

I remember I feel sorry for Jerry Stackhouse has to come after VC and he knew it's a wrap for him and we all was like :mjlol: before his first try..........everybody still talking about VC's first dunk and everybody was ignored him before he tries his first dunk and he was like :dwillhuh: "They still talking about VC before my first drunk?"....he knew it's a wrap for him...nothing he can do about it so that' why he had to a whack ass dunk

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

The wheel wasn't J-Rich and Mason' idea....it was f*cking dumb asss idea by NBA whoever came up with this BS and I know J-Rich and Mason was like :what: I had to do this shyt like that?.

Marvel

Psalm 149:5-9
Daps
Reppin
House of Yasharahla
The boy Lavine can be very marketable if he doesn't fukk it up.

Its all about his mental transition going into next season. He has to go into the off-season with the mentality that he can be great. Sometimes it is hard to tell with a guy in their rookie year because they have to adjust to so many things coming from college. That 2nd year is critical.

Damnshow

Veteran
Daps
Exactly. VC hyped was so crazy....don't get me wrong.....his drunk was dope at the time but do you know who I feel sorry for?.....whoever came after him cause of his hype....Nobody gonna care if it's their dunk dope or whack the kept talking about VC and they knew it's a wrap like :mjcry:. People slept on Ricky Davis' 3rd dunk between leg with two f*cking hands....that was more difficult breh but everybody was like :yeshrug: cause
of VC's hype.

at 3:22..

I remember I feel sorry for Jerry Stackhouse has to come after VC and he knew it's a wrap for him and we all was like :mjlol: before his first try..........everybody still talking about VC's first dunk and everybody was ignored him before he tries his first dunk and he was like :dwillhuh: "They still talking about VC before my first drunk?"....he knew it's a wrap for him...nothing he can do about it so that' why he had to a whack ass dunk

word, I like ricky davis as a dunker, he did some very nasty stuff in his career in game, when he put steve nash on a poster or made a legit between the legs in game dunk.

even steve francis made a few great ones in 2000 sdc :francis: that contest was probably the best of all time, that or nique vs jordan d-mase vs j-rich 2003

I feel like top 4 of all time would be reverse 360 windmill and between the legs by VC and the between the legs j-rich stunt in 2003 and the one in 2004, it's a shame he was trying that elbow dunk shyt, could have threepeated but let some a$$hole freddie jones take the trophy.

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
word, I like ricky davis as a dunker, he did some very nasty stuff in his career in game, when he put steve nash on a poster or made a legit between the legs in game dunk.

even steve francis made a few great ones in 2000 sdc :francis: that contest was probably the best of all time, that or nique vs jordan d-mase vs j-rich 2003

I feel like top 4 of all time would be reverse 360 windmill and between the legs by VC and the between the legs j-rich stunt in 2003 and the one in 2004, it's a shame he was trying that elbow dunk shyt, could have threepeated but let some a$$hole freddie jones take the trophy.

Yeah, that shyt J-Rich tried an elbow in the rim with 360 between leg would be :banderas: in TOP 1......he almost made it but still he got robbed. That's why I have so much respect for J-Rich, he tried harder than any drunker.

2000 was still dope. T-Mac, VC, Steve Francis. T-Mac almsot won too, he was in 3rd place but I'm not surprised, VC and T-Mac were on the same team and both are cousin which make it more buzz/hype.

Damnshow

Veteran
Daps
Yeah, that shyt J-Rich tried an elbow in the rim with 360 between leg would be :banderas: in TOP 1......he almost made it but still he got robbed. That's why I have so much respect for J-Rich, he tried harder than any drunker.

2000 was still dope. T-Mac, VC, Steve Francis. T-Mac almsot won too, he was in 3rd place but I'm not surprised, VC and T-Mac were on the same team and both are cousin which make it more buzz/hype.
Yeah J-Rich didn't care about the consequences he was just going hard, he makes it then great, if not at least he tried. Gerald Green was supposed to continue the same tradition, I remember when I saw that 2010 dunk contest he did in russia or someplace

2:18 :banderas: the replay value it had

but then he comes back and blows it by doing that streetball dunk stuff that doesnt even require hangtime :stopitslime: