Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Age of Conan was my shyt back in the day before it went f2p

this was supposed to be the GOAT MMO :ohlawd:

Combos, actual skilled PVP, good graphics, good questing and open world PVP

but they released it incomplete and had no level 50-70 content :what:

imagine getting a game and its only 75% complete :what:

the game died off because of that and never recovered. But still, level 1-50 was the best MMO I played. I hate leveling but that game made leveling fun and of course PVP was insane in it.

xXMASHERXx

Superstar
Daps
10$ :ohhh: hows it's end game?

I wish i could tell you more about PvE but I'm mostly a WvW player(similar to PvP). End game consist of mainly dungeons, fractals, and world events. Since the game has come out Anet has added additional zones with new content plus there will be an expansion coming out sometime this year which will most likely include raids. Honestly, for the retail price there are no games that can match it in terms of quality. For $10-$15, its not even close.

KushSkywalker

Walker Lexus Ranger
Daps
Good MMO's?

stephen-a-smith-laugh.gif

xXMASHERXx

Superstar
Daps
Guild Wars 2 is a good choice but its PVP oriented.

Elder Scrolls Online is now free to play :snoop:

Maybe a
Guild Wars 2 is a good choice but its PVP oriented.

Elder Scrolls Online is now free to play :snoop:

Idk if I would call GW2 PvP oriented because one of the best things about the game is that you don't have touch PvE, PvP, or WvW unless you choose to.

Kalik

Rasta in Babylon
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Florida / Bahamas
this was supposed to be the GOAT MMO :ohlawd:

Combos, actual skilled PVP, good graphics, good questing and open world PVP

but they released it incomplete and had no level 50-70 content :what:

imagine getting a game and its only 75% complete :what:

the game died off because of that and never recovered. But still, level 1-50 was the best MMO I played. I hate leveling but that game made leveling fun and of course PVP was insane in it.
Made it to 69, before I gave up. No end game... by the time they recovered, it wasn't the same.

Never went back. My xbow ranger was the shyt. Although some classes were op as hell.

KushSkywalker

Walker Lexus Ranger
Daps
I forgot this is the coli, where the most popular platform (mmos) no one cares about.

But have you seen titan fall :troll:
How'd I know you'd be first to quote that. Most popular means best now?

I didn't like Titanfall at all btw.

Am I required to enjoy MMOs?

I hate the whole hot key/cooldown, keyboard mashing play-style and the emphasis on endless grinding. Just not my thing. If you enjoy that it's on you. I don't, I think generally the game design is shallow in most MMO's I've played.

WOW got me for like 100+ hours maybe 5-6 years ago, I had fun but more cause I got addicted to the grind.

I mostly play RPGs for interesting story and character development now. Not to grind 100 hours to max level and then start doing raids for 6 hours every night in the hopes I get a cool axe or armor piece. Just not fun to me.

If it's fun to you that's cool, but MMO's are too much of a time sink for too little satisfaction for me.

Miss me with that PC gamer shyt, I've been playin games on PC since I had to type directory addresses to open Wolf 3D :flabbynsick:

Last edited:

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
How'd I know you'd be first to quote that.

I didn't like Titanfall at all btw.

Am I required to enjoy MMOs?

I hate the whole hot key/cooldown, keyboard mashing play-style and the emphasis on endless grinding. Just not my thing. If you enjoy that it's on you. I don't, I think generally the game design is shallow in most MMO's I've played.

WOW got me for like 100+ hours maybe 5-6 years ago, I had fun but more cause I got addicted to the grind.

I mostly play RPGs for interesting story and character development now. Not to grind 100 hours to max level and then start doing raids for 6 hours every night in the hopes I get a cool axe or armor piece. Just not fun to me.

If it's fun to you that's cool, but MMO's are too much of a time sink for too little satisfaction for me.

Miss me with that PC gamer shyt, I've been playin games on PC since I had to type directory addresses to open Wolf 3D :flabbynsick:
Your issue is the WHOLE issue with the coli (regarding everything. Music, games, movies).

Because YOU dont like that means no one else does. Thats the issue. Who gives a fukk bout your opinion? Millions of people playing MMOs as we speak dont.

This the same place that hates the transformer movies "i dont know any one who liked this shyt :scust:" even though it went on to be the highest grossing film last year :laff:

KushSkywalker

Walker Lexus Ranger
Daps
Your issue is the WHOLE issue with the coli (regarding everything. Music, games, movies).

Because YOU dont like that means no one else does. Thats the issue. Who gives a fukk bout your opinion? Millions of people playing MMOs as we speak dont.

This the same place that hates the transformer movies "i dont know any one who liked this shyt :scust:" even though it went on to be the highest grossing film last year :laff:
Whoa hold up. Because I don't like it I think no one else does? There's more PC gamers than any other install base.:pachaha:

:mindblown: I never said anyone else had to have my opinion or that no one likes this shyt? :wtf:

I just said I don't like it, and gave a logical explanation for why. I fully acknowledge a lot of people like this shyt. :dwillhuh:

I could care less who likes MMOs and who doesn't, I just don't think the ones I've played were particularly good games for my taste. It's just an opinion breh relax. Sounds like you're more offended I don't like it than anything. :skip:

I gave my opinion cause we're on a gaming forum where we you know....

actually never mind.:comeon:

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
whats so good about it?

The level of depth and class structure is staggering. For the subscription you really get what you pay for and more. Item crafting and leveling characters feels good and not just a boring grind. You can have multiple chars on different servers if you want. They stay current with updates. This past was the last one until heavensward comes out which could really be labeled as a whole other game.

This plus the production values are through the roof. As @RNS said no classes feel pointless. A Dragoon is just as effective in the big picture as a ninja...a WAR tank and a Paladin tank can do the same job but with different strategies. It also isn't a complex game to get decent at, but if you want to be in the raids you have to get good but that doesn't feel like a chore.

But most of all its the only game where i felt like CONSTANTLY i saw where my money was going. Like clockwork since launch there are major content/story patched EVERY three months...not to mention quality of life patches ever 40 days or so. No job gets ignored, not even the crafters and gatherers. And the expansion is promised to be just as big as vanilla 2.0 which was basically huge for launch content. And the community is A1, not really bro-tastic or weird like other MMOs.

I played XI for like 7-8 years and there are only a hand full of times where I can remember having the amount of fun I do on XIV...and I LOVED XI.