List any GOAT player... None of them surpassing Kareem and Russell

Kobes Two Jerseys

8 or 24 best player of the era
Daps
Reppin
Fistful of jewels
That has nothing to do with NBA basketball. Using Jordan not being on varsity for a season isn't an argument against him as the best NBA player of all time.

How many of those championships was Magic the best player on the team. Was there ever a point where you any a shred of doubt as to whether LeBron or Jordan wasn't the best player on their championship teams.

Why do you think Cap made ten championship games, even in 1988 where he played under 30 mpg and averaged 14/6. LeBron and MJ could NEVER average that and their teams still be dominant and yet you're about to count those runs as if it's weighted equally with theirs? The man was well out of his prime when the Lakers hit the apex of their success directly because Magic produced one of the GOAT seasons in league history and took full reigns of the offense. but you're gonna talk about "piggybacking" NCAA championships ok.

It's just really shortsighted to say "Kareem made 10 championships" while not even looking at how they played comparatively or how his team was able to elevate outside of him in order to still win while he produced like a role player.
Who said we were talking about just nba ? You made your own parameters. OP clearly stated amateurs as well. If Kareem was so insignificant late in his career, what championships did Magic and Co win without him?:jbhmm:

Consumed

Superstar
Daps
Who said we were talking about just nba ? You made your own parameters. OP clearly stated amateurs as well. If Kareem was so insignificant late in his career, what championships did Magic and Co win without him?:jbhmm:

You have to be talking about just NBA if you're determining the NBA GOAT, what they did in college and high school has nothing to do with their professional careers.

It's the OP and you who are making unique parameters. The standard for ranking all time greats is what they did professionally.

Nobody said that Kareem was insignificant, but that he wasn't in his prime anymore and clearly not playing at the level of Jordan or LeBron in their respective title runs. It's not a coincidence that the Lakers got swept in the '89 Finals once Byron Scott was ruled out for the series before it even began and Magic injured his hamstring. Kareem averaged 12 points and 5 rebounds per game in that Finals and I doubt you even knew that

Last edited:

Kobes Two Jerseys

Daps
Reppin
Fistful of jewels
You have to be talking about just NBA if you're determining the NBA GOAT. What they did in college and high school has nothing to do with their professional careers. All anyone discusses when ranking all time greats is what they did in the league. You and OP are just emphasizing college and high school to boost his case.

Nobody said that Kareem was insignificant, but that he wasn't in his prime anymore and clearly not playing at the level of Jordan or LeBron in their respective title runs. It's not a coincidence that the Lakers got swept in the '89 Finals once Byron Scott was ruled out for the series before it even began and Magic injured his hamstring. Kareem averaged 12 points and 5 rebounds per game in that Finals and I doubt you even knew that
Do you know what "all time" means? We have been factoring in everything. Jordan is simply not on Kareems level when it comes to their all time basketball achievements and careers.

Consumed

Superstar
Daps
Do you know what "all time" means? We have been factoring in everything. Jordan is simply not on Kareems level when it comes to their all time basketball achievements and careers.

I'm not sure you do. In this league all-time players are judged on what they do professionally. It's not all that they've done as a basketball athlete but how good they were compared to others since the NBA's inception.

You're talking hall of fame standards, when everyone that argues Jordan as the GOAT is speaking on his career as a member of the Chicago Bulls. and again, you aren't even adding context to Kareem's accomplishments or making it clear that he was out of his prime/not the best player on the team/not better than those two for multiple of those runs. Just blankly stating x rings or x finals appearances does nothing in a atg discussion - it's important how they actually played in those years.

Kobes Two Jerseys

Daps
Reppin
Fistful of jewels
I'm not sure you do. In this league all-time players are judged on what they do professionally. It's not all that they've done as a basketball athlete but how good they were compared to others since the NBA's inception.

You're talking hall of fame standards, when everyone that argues Jordan as the GOAT is speaking on his career as a member of the Chicago Bulls. and again, you aren't even adding context to Kareem's accomplishments or making it clear that he was out of his prime/not the best player on the team/not better than those two for multiple of those runs. Just blankly stating x rings or x finals appearances does nothing in a atg discussion - it's important how they actually played in those years.
And people say Kareem is goat because of his entire body of work, not just one. So why are you still crying? Even in the nba, Kareems teams went farther more often.

The Fire

way more chemical than political
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
brooklyn
-.gif

:blessed:

Those nikkas 5 feet tall 150 pounds breh :skip: :mjlol:

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
Those nikkas 5 feet tall 150 pounds breh :skip: :mjlol:

I like how you missed the point of the video in a slick way. Can Duncan, Shaq, Ewing, Mourning, Bynum, Malone, etc etc run the length of the floor like a guard, and jump near the free throw line? I'll wait :jbhmm:

The Fire

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
brooklyn
I like how you missed the point of the video in a slick way. Can Duncan, Shaq, Ewing, Mourning, Bynum, Malone, etc etc run the length of the floor like a guard, and jump near the free throw line? I'll wait :jbhmm:
Demarcus cousins, KAT, deandre can.

Consumed

Superstar
Daps
And people say Kareem is goat because of his entire body of work, not just one. So why are you still crying? Even in the nba, Kareems teams went farther more often.

because you keep saying silly stuff like this

Even in the nba, Kareems teams went farther more often.

Not factoring in the seasons where he wasn't the best player on his team in comparison to Jordan who you could never make that claim against. Not factoring in if he was actually better than Jordan in his runs on average (he wasn't).

If you want to call Kareem the basketball GOAT then do you. But don't quote me with absolute nonsense like "Jordan got carried to a NCAA championship" while ignoring the Lakers in the late 80's, and don't rhetorically ask if Jordan made 9 finals when he was far more consistent than Kareem on the playoff stage. It's really not a surprise you brought up how many times he got to the Finals but Finals MVP's or the fact that Jordan won as many titles in much shorter span of time, each of which as the best in the league.

The Fire

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
brooklyn
KAT can run the length of the floor and jump from the free throw line and make a lay up. But not the other two. Why are you making up stuff? :russ:
Cousins always running the floor, he can make the play, you didn't ask he actually does :ufdup:
Same with deandre

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Orlando and Los Angeles Shaq could and did kinda regularly

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
Players in today's era can only dream of having careers like Russell's or Kareem's. Their respective accomplishments and impact on the game speak for themselves.

Y'all who don't have Russell and Cap in your top 5 have NO UNDERSTANDING of nba history and NO UNDERSTANDING for those who paved the way for players like MJ, Kobe, Duncan, LeBron, and most others. Keep exposing yourselves. :russell:
No way I'm taking Russell ahead of Shaq:mjlol:

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
You choose to ignore why Kareem is better. He was better at an earlier age, for a longer period of time. High school. 79-2 record, 3 straight championships. Jordan, couldn't even make his team. College, 3 straight NCAA championships. Jordan, 1, piggybacking off of Sam Perkins and James Worthy. Nba, 6 championships in 10 tries. Jordan didn't even make 10 championships.
FoH with this bullshyt narrative that Kareem is better than Jordan

Trying to be different ass nikkas

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
I'll take all those players accept Bynum and Morning ahead of Russell