Lil Wayne - "F' black lives matter, it ain't got nothing to do with me" (Update: Apologies/Explains)

PaperEnterprise

It's the inner strength..
Daps
Reppin
New York
False equivalency. Everyone knew ODB was a nut job and treated him as such. The same people in here talking about :snoop: "such a disappointment" were sucking Wayne off a few years ago....calling him the GOAT, best rapper alive, the future of the culture, and all kinds of other ridiculous shyt.

And if we're being all the way real here, there was red flags (no pun intended) across his entire career people over looked because they were fans. Dude kissing Baby in his mouth should've been a big ass clue he was not the guy to put on a pedestal.

Fred.

Wasnt comparing. ODB did care for his people in his own weird way.

Lil Wayne, well he is what he says he is

SuburbanPimp

Giving game to lames since the 90s
Daps
Reppin
In Dallas, From Cleveland
Yeah that shyt is the nail in coffin with me supporting Wayne . . . . It's not even the BLM stuff, he just sounds ignorant to the point it's embarrassing. If he is this dumb and sheltered then it's very easy to see how he got fukked over by Baby.

This nikka thinks just because a White man is holding the camera that's filming him that somehow means that black people are doing well in America :dahell:

Fani Willis fan

Man What
Daps
from "Atlanta"
dAOImTf.png

Rembrandt

the artist
Daps
Reppin
Villa Diodati
from "Atlanta"
dAOImTf.png

the best character from atlanta continuing to be real.

and wayne isn't dumb. he just where his fanbase currently is and how he needs that to survive right now. if tha carter v was out or he got that $$$ from birdman, he wouldn't be saying the same shyt. he isn't that oblivious or ignorant. like he said, he sees a lot of white people at his shows.

i'm reading 9th wonder's timeline now and i agree, but wayne has caught flak for a lot of bullshyt like the emmett till line, the "beautiful black woman, but i bet that bytch look better red," etc. which along with his change in style, has led to a lot less black people rocking with him but there's also a line between "this artist is eccentric/going for shock value" and this rapper is being outright dismissive and giving credence to what a lot of artists right now are fighting against.

& him bringing out that gangbanging shyt was literally one of the worst things i've seen from a rapper in a long time. educated, famous, popular or not. idc who does that in response to a question like this, but they deserve tons of hate off it.

like i said, though, it's obviously all business, but i don't think he fully understands how damaging this will be to him when it comes down the line to his reputation and how he's viewed among his peers. when people talk about how kendrick was so inspired by him he remixed tha carter 3 or how chance says he influenced him heavily, they're gonna draw a distinct line in their political views and how they handled this. same with YG and the gangbanging shyt. hell, even with drake openly acknowledging black lives matter and showing support.

wayne comes off as a fukking idiot and lowkey spits in the face of, what's basically black people and artists, supporting him getting due justice with the lawsuit. they may be seeing him in shows but they're championing for c5's release like nikkas are, even if we say he fell off. i'mma listen to georgia bush.

Last edited: