Lightskin people AREN'T REALLY Black. {For the dummies...Im being sarcastic]

Daps
Depends on how they identify i.e. Brazil.
while i understand many Brazilians have has racial identity issues not sure i'm buying that considering Brazil has an racial caste system in which for the most part across the board cacs are at the top and blacks,natives, and mixed breeds are all beneath them....if biracial Brazilians were allowed to claim and accepted as white there Brazil's elite class would be more diverse and not look like Argentines:comeon: i've actually 've seen more native leaning and racially ambiguous looking people counted as black in Brazil:aicmon:

Jimi Swagger

I say whatever I think should be said
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Turtle Island to DXB
Regardless we need their numbers being only 12% of the US population including those with immediate admixtures and from multigenerational mixed Blacks (like Louisana Creoles) and allies like Lumbee Indians and other First Nations who recognize their African admixture. "Real" (quote) Black People (75% African and were enslaved) are probably in the single percentage. And with organ harvesting in the hood, increasing poverty and gentrification, immigration we will be non existent in 50 years. Also, light skinned people have more access/privilege and generally were the educated/skilled/elite and were key in emancipating blacks and the Civil Rights Movement. People who passed would pretend to be White masters with their darker spouses and escape to freedom or eavesdrop on conversations using their phenotype as an advanage. Besides Black is a mindset. From my experience, the darkest wide featured folks are the most White brained, especially naturals.

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
You are either majority African ancestry or you are not IMO.

This is not a requirement for being "black" or even looking "black" because one can be 70% white and still look "black"

Therefore, from what I can see, someone can be African-American without actually being "black" (i.e. Vanessa Williams) .

vanessa williams is 56% african......... (and looks black):skip:

What did you find out about your DNA?

My DNA breaks down as follows: I’m 23% from Ghana, 17% from the British Isles, 15% from Cameroon, 12% Finnish, 11% Southern European, 7% Togo, 6% Benin, 5% Senegal and 4% Portuguese.

Vanessa Williams' Surprising DNA Test - Ancestry Blog

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
Since when has being lightskin have anything to do with facial features our hair textures

...that's why there were different grades/names for various complexions

@ :18

what he describes as "1/4 white blood" or "in between" are redbone types...not fair skinned types

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
Lol, nah I disagree. Can't speak for West African biracials, but I'm African (Malawian/Zimbabwean), and I know African biracials. Most of them are nowhere near that dark or Afrocentric featured.

I'm Shona on my Zimbabwean side, and the R&B singer Tinashe is half Shona half white American, and this is what she looks like:

tinashe.jpg

Her features are very "afro"

Thandie Newton is another half Shona biracial, and she's also nowhere near as Afrocentric in appearance as those girls:

peinados-faciles-para-pelo-largo-6.jpg

She's a bit more admixed looking but still in the true mulatto sense.

Most African mulattoes are closer to the above in my personal experience, but I'm sure it varies widely based on ethnicity.

yup​

Redeem87

The Movement
Daps
Reppin
VA
This is not a requirement for being "black" or even looking "black" because one can be 70% white and still look "black"

vanessa williams is 56% african......... (and looks black):skip:

Vanessa Williams' Surprising DNA Test - Ancestry Blog

What is looking black to you ? Because Vanessa Williams doesn't look black to me.

By including mixed and admixed people in our race you redefine what it is to be black which is horrible for real black people. For example you thinking Vanessa Williams looks black is very bad for our race . The black phenotype in the US is doomed with the way you are thinking

Vanessa Williams looks mixed , Mary J Blige looks black