LIGHTNING STRIKES THRICE: SAN ANTONIO SPURS WIN WEMBANYAMA SWEEPSTAKES

Phantum

The Charisma of the Streets
Daps
Wish he would have came to NY but as long as he puts the beats on the Lakers I'm good :blessed:

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
Another reason I like Wemby to San Antonio is because of his development. He's going to grow into a nice player the right way

The dumbass "comps" of a 7ft 4 foot Kevin Durant would be completely detrimental to his career. Not even just injury wise, but a play style that would not translate to the NBA given his body makeup. On the Spurs he can play a traditional back to the basket David Robinson/Tim Duncan type of player with a little more perimeter game being great from the mid-range, but still able to run the floor. He still does need to bulk up, but he does not have to be an all out bruiser in the paint to be effective

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
It's easy to believe they would make a corporate decision between 31 different entities with competing goals to do it randomly. Easier to believe than that they would trust the future of their company in the ability of dozens of competitors to keep a secret that had intense public interest.

There are hundreds of people who know far more than you who could expose the NBA for criminal fraud in a moment if it were rigged. Every single team has its representatives right there, along with the media, and there's an independent accounting firm specifically verifying the legitimacy of the results.

Considering the current four-ball combination system, how could you even rig it practically?

yup
maybe back in the day when the nba was on tape delay and struggling to find relevance maybe. But now? Yeah right

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
So what are y'all gonna do when Luka becomes an UFA and San Antonio has enough cap space to sign him outright
I don’t know.

The Mavericks didn’t do well when Luka played with Porzingis or Kyrie.

It seems like Luka needs to see all the usage in order to be effective.

Wemby might not need that kind of ball dominance, but the Spurs, generally speaking, haven’t played the kind of basketball that Luka is used to playing. I’m not sure he would be an optimal fit with the Spurs.

NoMorePie

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Neptune
I don’t know.

The Mavericks didn’t do well when Luka played with Porzingis or Kyrie.

It seems like Luka needs to see all the usage in order to be effective.

Wemby might not need that kind of ball dominance, but the Spurs, generally speaking, haven’t played the kind of basketball that Luka is used to playing. I’m not sure he would be an optimal fit with the Spurs.

Pop would lose his mind watching Luka try and dominate the ball.

I think they would clash

Aight next one

So what are y'all gonna do when Giannis becomes an UFA and San Antonio has enough cap space to sign him outright :takedat:

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Aight next one

So what are y'all gonna do when Giannis becomes an UFA and San Antonio has enough cap space to sign him outright :takedat:
Giannis never leaving Milwaukee.

But he should go to the Knicks if he does leave.

Edit - I think Giannis is kind of a cheapskate. Maybe he wouldn’t like NYC and it’s high prices. I dunno.