LIGHTNING STRIKES THRICE: SAN ANTONIO SPURS WIN WEMBANYAMA SWEEPSTAKES

Patrick Kane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It was written :ahh:

By the league #scriptwriters cause this shyt was rigged :mjlol:

But like we all been saying, it’s for the best that he went to the Spurs and not the Hornets, Pistons, Rockets. I don’t think those franchises would probably handle an asset like him and being under Pop for his first few years in the league gonna set him on the path of success. NBA looking for their next face of the league with KD, Lebron, Steph fading out and they might have just found him.

NoMorePie

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Neptune
I wonder what the Spurs do now. Do they stay on the rebuild track or do they start making moves for contention?

They got a shyt load of cap space so they can be players in free agency and the trade market.

Absorb contracts to acquire more picks. Maybe get a big other than Collins to play beside wemby. Sure up the bench and don't get to eager to immediately buy in and start contending

VBM

┌∩┐(●_●)┌∩┐
Daps
Reppin
Dallas by way of Houston by way of San Antonio
I wonder what the Spurs do now. Do they stay on the rebuild track or do they start making moves for contention?

They got a shyt load of cap space so they can be players in free agency and the trade market.
I think they make a play to sign someone outright versus giving up assets. Those Atlanta picks are gold to them right now. shyt, I still remember when Kyrie wanted to be traded to the Spurs years back. I don't think he was the problem in Dallas. Even Russ might be a short term option if we're trying to compete now (can't argue with his effort even if the results are hit or miss). They'd have to be short-term contracts if they're going with vets though. Don't want to sink major capital.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Stay on the building path.
Getting a veteran to come to the Spurs now, when nobody is ready is a waste of money.

All the veteran would do is take valuable minutes and scoring opportunities from younger guys who need it.

And sure, maybe that veteran player helps push the Spurs to a .500 record. And a 1st round playoff exit. But that’s short-sighted thinking and puts a limit on the roster’s ceiling. It’s the kind of move the Knicks would make. “Okay we’re kinda decent. Let’s go all in”. No. Just no. We’re not a veteran or 2 from a championship. Let’s pump the breaks here.

San Antonio probably will still be a relatively bad team in 2023-24. But that’s a good thing. Let the kids work it out.

AlbertPullhoez

The Takeover
Daps
Reppin
Deuce Dime, TX
I think they make a play to sign someone outright versus giving up assets. Those Atlanta picks are gold to them right now. shyt, I still remember when Kyrie wanted to be traded to the Spurs years back. I don't think he was the problem in Dallas. Even Russ might be a short term option if we're trying to compete now (can't argue with his effort even if the results are hit or miss). They'd have to be short-term contracts if they're going with vets though. Don't want to sink major capital.
I'm a bigger fan of Tre Jones than others but I can see an upgrade at PG happening