Life is Strange True Colors (PAAG edition) all platforms

Hostile

All Star
Daps
Still early in the game. My main critique is everybody smiling so much and showing teeth. You hardly ever saw smiles in the previous games. Seeing Steph smile so much is weirding me out. I hope they tone it down.

tinnyskillz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Paterson/Passaic, New Jersey
I beat it last night. I won't spoil anything. If you think LiS1 was a great game. This game doesn't really compare. Reviewers are praising it and saying it's better than LiS1 but they're capping. It's better than LiS2, but definitely not 1. It's a good (quick) game. 7/10. It just seems kind of thin.

+ Episodes 4 & 5 is good (3 was pretty good to). 5 seemed a little rushed towards the end but it was dope (may be my favorite episode).
+ Alex can arguably be considered the best playable character in the series
+ Soundtrack can arguably be considered the best in the series
+ Does a decent job at tugging on heartstrings
+ Graphics/Art style is great definitely the best in the series (they gave Alex some Cake, and thunder thighs to, lowkey lol)
+ Text/SMS was cool (LiS1 did it better though)

- The game is not worth $40 let alone $60 ($30 is perfect). The game is short af. It seems shorter than Lis 1, 2, and BtS. Unacceptable imo.
- Haven is lowkey linear, and wack
- The side characters and relationship building is kind of meh, again compared to LiS1.
- Alex' power is lackluster. Especially compared to LiS1.
- I feel like covid may have forced them to rush the games release. I feel like they could've done so much more/better with this game (Alex' power, love interest, side characters, the story etc). It falls kind of flat until the later episodes. By the time shyt is getting really good, and really interesting. The game is beginning to wrap things up.
- Choices just seems so generic, and basic (unless it's one of those grey 50/50 choices)
- Could of used a couple more months (weeks even) in the oven. It's not buggy, but things can get wonky at times.
- The stakes never felt as high as LiS 1, or 2.
- Didn't really tackle many social, or real life issues this time (LiS 1 & 2 got very dark at times)
- Transition between episodes are unexpected and abrupt. You're gonna be like "wait...that's the end of the episode? Wtf"

Last edited:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I beat it last night. I won't spoil anything. If you think LiS1 was a great game. This game doesn't really compare. Reviewers are praising it and saying it's better than LiS1 but they're capping. It's better than LiS2, but definitely not 1. It's a good (quick) game. 7/10. It just seems kind of thin.

+ Episodes 4 & 5 is good (3 was pretty good to). 5 seemed a little rushed towards the end but it was dope (may be my favorite episode).
+ Alex can arguably be considered the best playable character in the series
+ Soundtrack can arguably be considered the best in the series
+ Does a decent job at tugging on heartstrings
+ Graphics/Art style is great definitely the best in the series (they gave Alex some Cake, and thunder thighs to, lowkey lol)
+ Text/SMS was cool (LiS1 did it better though)

- The game is not worth $40 let alone $60 ($30 is perfect). The game is short af. It seems shorter than Lis 1, 2, and BtS. Unacceptable imo.
- Haven is lowkey linear, and wack
- The side characters and relationship building is kind of meh, again compared to LiS1.
- Alex' power is lackluster. Especially compared to LiS1.
- I feel like covid may have forced them to rush the games release. I feel like they could've done so much more/better with this game (Alex' power, love interest, side characters, the story etc). It falls kind of flat until the later episodes. By the time shyt is getting really good, and really interesting. The game is beginning to wrap things up.
- Choices just seems so generic, and basic (unless it's one of those grey 50/50 choices)
- Could of used a couple more months (weeks even) in the oven. It's not buggy, but things can get wonky at times.
- The stakes never felt as high as LiS 1, or 2.
- Didn't really tackle many social, or real life issues this time (LiS 1 & 2 got very dark at times)
- Transition between episodes are unexpected and abrupt. You're gonna be like "wait...that's the end of the episode? Wtf"

Yeah, i could def see the game playing out this way. My intuition was right to wait until it’s 30 bucks

capblk

Rookie
Daps
Finished this game yesterday and will have to agree that $30 is the right price for this.

Hostile

All Star
Daps
Steph told me I meant the world to her :wow: Been waiting to hear her say that since Arcadia Bay. I'm bout to make her forget all about Rachel Amber :mjlit:

Was the ending to episode 4 supposed to be a twist? I knew who it was after the first trailer :heh:

Game is not as good as LiS1 or BtS and the soundtrack sucks.

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Really enjoying this game so far. Graphics are a huge step up from the last game and I’m surprised it actually uses the dualsense in a cool way

Damn, make me wanna cop now before black Friday deals is over. How game short are we talking about?. Is it worth for $40?