Lettuce discuss the unwarranted hate TDKR gets

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
The fight scenes in this were so disappointing and almost a joke. Dudes flailing and falling without even being touched.

a10f8a2b229d650e9418ca921ee11481.gif

xv6UW6G.gif

The Bane fights were almost exactly the same. Just meathead punching and punching his respirator is what made the difference. I know he wasn't fighting for 8 years and mourning that pound puppy faced Rachel from TDK but still Bruce Wayne/Bats does not mourn for women and would not give up being Bats bc she died. And then he gets tricked and starts crying when he's double crossed...Ugghhh I hate this movie. One of the worst depictions of Batman ever.
Let's not even talk about cops running into full on machine gun fire and stolen Batmobiles in the middle of Gotham..:snoop:

Notorious 1 E.Y.E.

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the low end. southside chi
I thought Bruce retired because the cops were on his ass harder than ever due to the Harvey cover up.

You're right about how Bane went out. Awful.

And no it's absolutely not better than any of the Marvel movies you just listed.
nah, he quit being batman cause rachel died.......
fam quit being batman for the same reason why he became batman.... because a loved one was murdered

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
nah, he quit being batman cause rachel died.......
fam quit being batman for the same reason why he became batman.... because a loved one was murdered
:russ: One of the dumbest narrative conceits for a movie especially a Batman movie. The irony being, he basically told Alfred to kick rocks and kept being Batman. Alfred means more to him than anyone in the world

Notorious 1 E.Y.E.

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the low end. southside chi
:russ: One of the dumbest narrative conceits for a movie especially a Batman movie. The irony being, he basically told Alfred to kick rocks and kept being Batman. Alfred means more to him than anyone in the world
the movie is just dumb
alfred had to slap some sense into him when he told him Rachel aint choose him:mjlol:

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Nah I love inception. Like I said, for me, his slide started with Dark Knight Rises. So everything 2012-present has been really meh to me. He just seems to give so little shyt about making compelling characters or good dialogue. Everything is about the way the movie looks and its presentation and the craft behind the camera. And that's cool for some people; I'll never say Nolan is a bad director because that's just bullshyt. But I will say he's not making movies that appeal to me which are normally characters I give a shyt about and interesting dialogue. His movies now, more or less, are about ideas rather than people.
Go watch strangers 2 hoe :smugnolan:

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Go watch strangers 2 hoe :smugnolan:

:russ: Strangers 2 has a better understanding of characters and emotions than the speak and spell he used to create everything he’s done post 2012. May as well have a script filled with stuff like:

“Human emotion”
“Insert platitude”
“Pop psychology quote”
*insert tears*

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
the movie is just dumb
alfred had to slap some sense into him when he told him Rachel aint choose him:mjlol:

:russ: Which makes the whole thing worse! You stopped this thing you promised your parents you’d do in honor of someone who didn’t even want to be with you and then you tell your surrogate father to kick rocks because your feelings were hurt:francis:

There’s nothing in the first two movies to make me think Bruce Wayne is that guy

Brian O'Conner

All Star
Daps
No Way, I recently rewatched this and it is every bit as classic TDK and in some places better

Bane's performance was classic and Sometimes I find myself putting him over heath, so many classic scenes in one film:

NvelQ.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

and of course my personal fav scene when that old dude is telling him "I got the money, you work for me" and bane just put his hand on his cheek "Do you feel like you have power" :wow:

giphy.gif

Alfred, Freeman, Catwoman (Anne Hathaway) and Robin did outstanding jobs as supporting actors also...top notch acting all around

that scene when robin finds out bruce is batman :wow:

The only bad part of the movie to me is the very end with the cops vs goons and the way it ended with Talia/Bane could have been done better felt like it was rushed.

Honestly you marvel fans are just gassed bc panther hit a billy and avengers is around the corner so dumb ass theads is popping up - just let DC live breh

wont change the fact MOS and the TDK trilogy still holds the crown :wow:

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Score? Piff
Monologue game? Piff
Cinematography? Piff
Emotion invoked in the viewer? Hell yeah

Watching this on TNT and it always bothers me that just because BB was a 9/10 and TDK was a 10/10 that TDKR gets analyzed like the fukkin zapruder film :mindblown:

It was a solid 7.5-8/10 and completed the gawd Nolan's run with one of the GOAT trilogies. :obama:
Wait a second :mjlol:

PoorAndDangerous

Superstar
Daps
this movie is still FIRE. I just rewatched it recently on 4k. Tom Hardy as Bane is one of the greatest villains in movie history imo, it's not perfect but its still better than almost every other superhero movie out there minus a select few.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I always enjoy this movie. Maybe moreso than TDK. I feel the only main thing that hurt the movie is the worst kept secret of a plot twist of the Talia reveal and with that not making Bane the top of command and rather the servant to Talia. So, basically the 3rd arc.

The 1st and 2nd arc, Bane was heading towards as the GOAT villain. I even made a largely successful Bane quotable thread, because literally everything he said was a virtual quotable. Plus, I also love the detailed way as to how he took over the entire city of Gotham and held it hostage for a full 6 months.

What hurt this film the most was its 3rd arc with the reveal.