Let's talk about it.... Is it really social conditioning if men prefer light skin women?

Carlton Banks

Upper Class
Supporter
Daps
If you call bullshyt on this, then you must also call bullshyt on the consistent killings of unarmed black people who are deemed threats based solely on additional melanin. This continued reaction from so called law enforcement is also conditioning which tells most whites that the darker the male, the more superhuman strength speed and power he has although we know this isn't true. There are numerous studies on this. Our children are even affected by this madness. Watch the infamous doll test on YouTube and tell me this propaganda to prefer lighter skin is not substantiated. Either you are too young, too ignorant (and I mean that as not knowledgeable), or a CAC. Which one are you ?

That's a different subject fam. This don't go hand in hand with what I'm talking about. There's conditioning when it comes to police and race. But we're talking about beauty here. Doesn't gold stand out more than silver? Don't diamonds stand out more than any other gem? The shinier and brighter something is, the more attractive people find it. It's not necessarily conditioning that's just nature. Aren't most kid toys shiny and bright? Why is that?

And that's not to say lighter skin automatically makes someone more attractive. But it helps initially attracting someone at first glance.

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
You cats are really listening to these female complaining? Ridiculous.
This is true but a lot of dudes starting to get female ways. I never knew dudes cared about colorism until I log in online. Folks just see bad chicks and go from there. All these stupid if you line up 5 LS/DS chicks hypotheticals make no sense since irl how often does it work like that? One minute I see a gang of bad LS chicks next a gang of bad DS chicks. Whichever I see first regardless of complexion is getting talked to but dudes making like most dudes passing dime DS chicks to holla at duck LSchicks. I'm throwing the challenge flag on that straight up

Benefited

Banned
Daps
SO you made this thread to confirm colorism is real but saying it is natural instead of saying we were conditioned:dahell:?
Colorism has existed for too long for you to make such a crazy assumption.
if a tall and short guy are equally attractive,which one would the woman choose? likely the taller guy.
So if you acknowledge that more men would pick an equally attracive lightskin woman,over an equally attractive darkskin woman you are basically admitting they are doing this because they prefer the light skin:mindblown:
That don't sound like some c00n shyt and a problem to you:martin:?

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Think about Body types and apply it to complexion because it's the same thing.
back in the 90's i remember people thought the most attractive body type looked like this.
75859ae1b84cd58504ea0f65eef40c2a.jpg

Now the ideal body type is this.
Nicki-Minaj-Selfie-Instagram-compressed.png

Doobie Doo

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh, NC
My thing is, whether we are "conditioned" or not, are light skin women not attractive? People say "conditioned" as if, if we weren't conditioned the playing field would me more even. I'm calling bullshyt. Light skin women stand out more. Light colors period stand out more. So it was always gonna be this way conditioning or not. The sun shines brighter than the moon. I'm not saying that cuz I'm conditioned to believe that. These just facts. Yellow pops out more than brown. Doesn't mean its automatically better looking but that's the general appeal regardless of politics.

This thread is biting you in your ass cuz you stated your OP expecting a whole thread of nikkas that agreed with you which leads tio you explaining it more as if we didn't get it in the OP.

It's conditioning

Carlton Banks

Upper Class
Supporter
Daps
Media shoves white women with blue eyes that are slim as the pinnacle for beauty for awhile now what you expect

And yet majority of black men still marrying black women. Still prefer black women. Still would settle with a black woman after they experience other women. That's why I don't believe it's conditioning. Most black men aren't "pawging" or swirling. Facts. Guys that date out their race maybe are trying something new and if it works for them it works for them. Has nothing to do with conditioning. Maybe a breh just has bad experience with black women so he goes somewhere else. Again, not conditioning.

Carlton Banks

Upper Class
Supporter
Daps
This thread is biting you in your ass cuz you stated your OP expecting a whole thread of nikkas that agreed with you which leads tio you explaining it more as if we didn't get it in the OP.

It's conditioning

This is thecoli, no one ever overwhelmingly agrees with the OP of any thread. And if they did, it would be a boring thread that drowns down the page in 10 minutes.

SadimirPutin

Superstar
Daps
Given the very varied nature of the human libido....

what would make light skin more attractive than any other skin colour?

You have a more compelling argument for big titties and curves than for light skin

You have the right to your fetish...just keep it moving..

YamakaSmacker

Banned
Daps
I read somewhere (Reddit) that fairer skinned women have always been more desireable because you can see the blood rush to certain parts of their body (blush etc) when they're excited. It has something to do with natural sexuality. :yeshrug:
But I like em all:mjlit:

Micky Mikey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Spin off from the Gab Union thread.

I say if you put 5 light skin and 5 dark skin girls in a line up, most men would take the light skin women :yeshrug:

These can be men here in America, men in another country that has no form of media, men of all ethnicities, etc. However there's a large number of white men who LOVE dark skin women, but they never get any attention. But they're out there.

I compare this to most women preferring tall men over 6 feet. In a line up the shorter dudes would get picked last. The only difference is, no one gives a fukk how men feel. Cold world.

Disclaimer: this is not a bash dark skin women thread. I know some people say we're "conditioned" and I say that's simply not true. Men just like what they like. Me personally I like em brown to light brown. But I just don't think it's a conditioning. All the most popular girls in school were usually the pretty light skin chick. Doesn't mean the other girls were ugly, just that she was the prettiest.

Yes, of course. Your whole conception of life, your self and the world you inhabit is the result of social conditioning. Hell, the whole concept of light skin and dark skin in itself is social conditioning. lol
Skin is a concept
Dark is a concept
Light is a concept
Beauty is a concept
Ugly is a concept
Race is a concept
Her is a concept
Him is a concept
I am a concept
You are a concept
TheColi is a concept

A Concept itself is a concept