Let's talk about it.... Is it really social conditioning if men prefer light skin women?

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
id tak the most attractive
dark skin light skin i dont care

ACTRESS-NATURI-NAUGHTON-JOINS-CAST-OF-STEP-SISTERS.jpg

or

GettyImages-104091161.jpg

im taking naturi

Carlton Banks

Upper Class
Supporter
Daps
Yes, :gucci:

you think there is some scientific explanation that makes light skinned chicks more attractive?

My thing is, whether we are "conditioned" or not, are light skin women not attractive? People say "conditioned" as if, if we weren't conditioned the playing field would me more even. I'm calling bullshyt. Light skin women stand out more. Light colors period stand out more. So it was always gonna be this way conditioning or not. The sun shines brighter than the moon. I'm not saying that cuz I'm conditioned to believe that. These just facts. Yellow pops out more than brown. Doesn't mean its automatically better looking but that's the general appeal regardless of politics.

bxrfan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Memphis Grizzlies/Auburn Tigers
Give it twenty years and a whole crop of kids won't have those perceptions and you'll see how quickly things change. And that's only because social media has destroyed any one group owning perception of beauty.

I dunno if it will but I hope this happens. I clash with some of my friends a lot about what type of women we prefer, usually because I'm one of the only ones in the group who prefers a darker skin woman if given a choice between the two

Coincidentally I'm a mixed/light skin breh myself, so I wonder if my preference for dark skin women is because it's the opposite of what I myself am

KingCairo

Pro
Daps
Everything is social conditioning if you don't actively shun social suggestions and media propaganda. It always has a way of subconsciously permeating your mental decision making. The average kid in School that prefers Jordan's have been conditioned through social influence to think Jordan's are much better and thus we overspend on the perceived value society at large has given them( same concept). You cannot be uneffected by this propaganda without either never being influenced or actively making a conscious choice to deny the medias constant bombardment of mental suggestions. This is all by design. Small minded people will always struggle to see through the fog our reality is immersed in.

Moody

Faroole ii geeya
Daps
Reppin
Puntland
I dunno if it will but I hope this happens. I clash with some of my friends a lot about what type of women we prefer, usually because I'm one of the only ones in the group who prefers a darker skin woman if given a choice between the two

Coincidentally I'm a mixed/light skin breh myself, so I wonder if my preference for dark skin women is because it's the opposite of what I myself am

At least you're honest enough to gauge your preferences. Too many people are afraid to even do that because they know of their tastes are for other people the reasoning won't be good.

mbewane

Knicks: 93 til infinity
Daps
Reppin
Brussels, Belgium
People forget that often times men will find "exotic" women (meaning, those that are not the norm) more attractive. Thus, in predominantly Black cultures, it will be women who have that different skintone, light-skinned or white. And in predominantly white cultures, it will actually be tanned women and light-skinned Blacks (and Arabs in Europe). There's a reason why Latinas and Arab women are tops in erotic stereotypes among white people.

So you end up with light-skin Black women being seen as more attractive by a whole lot of men, from different groups. Plus Latinas and Arabs (in some Euro countries, it's a high fetish here in France).

But you have to indeed add social construct. They work hand in hand.

KingCairo

Pro
Daps
My thing is, whether we are "conditioned" or not, are light skin women not attractive? People say "conditioned" as if, if we weren't conditioned the playing field would me more even. I'm calling bullshyt. Light skin women stand out more. Light colors period stand out more. So it was always gonna be this way conditioning or not. The sun shines brighter than the moon. I'm not saying that cuz I'm conditioned to believe that. These just facts. Yellow pops out more than brown. Doesn't mean its automatically better looking but that's the general appeal regardless of politics.

If you call bullshyt on this, then you must also call bullshyt on the consistent killings of unarmed black people who are deemed threats based solely on additional melanin. This continued reaction from so called law enforcement is also conditioning which tells most whites that the darker the male, the more superhuman strength speed and power he has although we know this isn't true. There are numerous studies on this. Our children are even affected by this madness. Watch the infamous doll test on YouTube and tell me this propaganda to prefer lighter skin is not substantiated. Either you are too young, too ignorant (and I mean that as not knowledgeable), or a CAC. Which one are you ?

Eternally Jaded

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CT/North-east Caribbean American Crew

This is why you're a cornball.

Its always gonna be the features that decide beauty, not the skin tone.

But to keep it reality, for some people, skintone plays a role.

If it didn't, black ass, dark ass wouldn't be go to insults.

When dark is a shorthand pejorative, how can light not be held up as a benefit?

Carlton Banks

Upper Class
Supporter
Daps
People forget that often times men will find "exotic" women (meaning, those that are not the norm) more attractive. Thus, in predominantly Black cultures, it will be women who have that different skintone, light-skinned or white. And in predominantly white cultures, it will actually be tanned women and light-skinned Blacks (and Arabs in Europe). There's a reason why Latinas and Arab women are tops in erotic stereotypes among white people.

So you end up with light-skin Black women being seen as more attractive by a whole lot of men, from different groups. Plus Latinas and Arabs (in some Euro countries, it's a high fetish here in France).

Yup, and to the average breh who grew up around black women, they aren't exotic to him. It's natural to want something different or new that you never had or normally can't find. Don't nikkas go hunting the world and back for exclusive kicks? Don't rich people buy exotic cars cuz they wanna stunt and not drive the same thing everyone else is? I don't think that's conditioning. That's just nature. And as black folks we so used to each other cuz we grew up around one another, so when we get money and can travel and move up in the world we're exposed to stuff our regular brehs back at home can't find or don't know about. I just don't think it's conditioning. Something foreign and new is always going to peak our interests. It's not mens fault most women ain't trying to do the same. There's so many white guys out there that love dark skin men. If the women loved them back no one would be complaining about "conditioning" period.

Last edited:

Majestic

Believe in myself and the Coles and Kendricks
Daps

Can you go more in-depth into this?