• PORTERHOUSE

Votes: 22 22.0%

• Total voters

BmoreGorilla

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Man, woman, and child
Ribeyes of course. Usually cook mine on a cast iron after sitting out for an hour in sea salt and rosemary. Get the cast iron real hot with avocado oil and sear on both sides for a minute each. Turn the stove down a little and cook on each side for two minutes then flip. Keep flipping for eight minutes. Each time I flip brush it with some butter, minced garlic and thyme. While it rests crack some pepper on it and sautee some mushroom and onions in the grease that was left over
:ohlawd:

This weekend tho im gonna smoke some on the grill for two hours than reverse sear them on the cast iron

StackUp

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Ribeyes of course. Usually cook mine on a cast iron after sitting out for an hour in sea salt and rosemary. Get the cast iron real hot with avocado oil and sear on both sides for a minute each. Turn the stove down a little and cook on each side for two minutes then flip. Keep flipping for eight minutes. Each time I flip brush it with some butter, minced garlic and thyme. While it rests crack some pepper on it and sautee some mushroom and onions in the grease that was left over
:ohlawd:

This weekend tho im gonna smoke some on the grill for two hours than reverse sear them on the cast iron
might try this technique :ehh:
i essentially do the same thing except i sear on one side for 2 min then the other for 1 min. Let rest on a cooking board for 10 min and then broil for 5-6 min to finish it off. i do the same with lamb chops :banderas:

edit: forgot to mention that when i flip it the first time, i toss in some butter, fresh garlic ,thyme and then baste for 1 min

Last edited:

Umoja

Veteran
Daps
Porterhouse but, more specifically, the fillet. It cannot be beat with a bearnaise sauce.

Daps
man Im bout to pull some out the fridge RN and let them warm up in some salt for an hour :wow:

these ribeyes chillin for tomorrrow :noah:
You are not supposed to let your meat sit in salt before cooking. The salt sucks out all the moisture and juices.:dame: Season with salts only right before putting on the grill or broiler..... such uncultured swine... :hhh:

And a well marbled ribeye by the way..:ohlawd:

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Wagyu bavette and wagyu picanha are loads better in terms of flavour.

pimpineasy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I know my way around carcasses.
And I would prefer a strip steak or t bone.
Porterhouse is good but I don't need extra of the fillet.

Mordith

H.E.N.R.Y.
Daps
Reppin
Cobb County
You are not supposed to let your meat sit in salt before cooking. The salt sucks out all the moisture and juices.:dame: Season with salts only right before putting on the grill or broiler..... such uncultured swine... :hhh:

And a well marbled ribeye by the way..:ohlawd:
Rookie!

:skip: @ believing that salt draws juices out of the steak. Salt only draws water out of the steak. If you don't salt your steak before cooking water will pool on the surface of your steak when you cook it which prevents forming the best crust when you sear your steak.

Last edited:
Daps
Rookie!

:skip: @ believing that salt draws juices out of the steak. Salt only draws water out of the steak. If you don't salt your steak before cooking water will pool on the surface of your steak when you cook it which prevents form the best crust when you wear your steak.
:ehh:..... The chefs that I've watched talked about the salt thing, but I will have to acknowledge that when I do my steaks via broiling in the stove I do have a pooling issue.... I may have to research this nugget of enlightenment. :ohhh: