Let's say...you're in a serious relationship and you meet another woman...

BlvdBrawler

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:what:breh, you will NOT be going your separate ways cleanly. you are tied up financially with her. that's just as bad (and sometimes worse) as being married. what if something happens today and ya'll break up next week. you are stuck with her school bills. come on breh, you can't be serious....:aicmon:

We break our lease, and go our separate ways.

I co-signed on her car loan (not student loans, gtfoh) and if she gets trifling with it, I pay it off and sell the car.

Clean as a whistle.

Theabbot

#DemBootymeats
Daps
Reppin
Duuuuuvaaaaal!!
fall in :noah: with your girl all over again, breh. if she treats you like a king, don't put her in the peasant category. PLUS she has your seed too? she's gonna make your life a living hell if you dump her for another broad. she is gonna make dealing with her for your seed unbearable. but nurture what you have. don't shyt on her when she did nothing to deserve that treatment. you have your family all under 1 roof. you are ahead of the game, breh. don't fukk that up. i'm speaking from experience. trust me.....it's not worth it....

Props for the advice man. I can tell that you speak from experience.

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Not sure if you're using the phrase "dealing with each other" as an attempted slight towards how you perceive my feelings towards her, but no. We're as happy now as we have ever been. 10 years of history (some of it rocky, but that's life) is a testament to that. The relationship is fun and beneficial for both of us, but if it changes or we change, then we can change with it or go our separate ways. I don't want to be that bitter old man who rode it out miserably for 30 years because of some contract. I love the girl, but marriage offers me nothing. You're looking at my lack of willingness to enter into that contract as a reflection of my feelings for her, and it's not that.

I wasn't trying to slight your relationship and I apologize if that's how it came off but I personally just don't agree with being in long term relationships just to be in them but I'm glad it's working for you two.

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY

I co-signed on her car loan (not student loans, gtfoh) and if she gets trifling with it, I pay it off and sell the car.

Clean as a whistle.

Is the car in her name? it aint that simple to take it a sell it. She gonna call saying its stolen.

What else does marriage have to offer?

Tax breaks ....

Steve Piffler

I got them CERTS
Daps
Reppin
Houston

Clean as a whistle.

:laff:

so you "co-signed" on a car for her and you think that if shyt got ugly she would just give it to you with no problem? if you co-signed, that means that she is the primary on the loan. so she can make it difficult for you to just take the car. and whether you want to hear it or not, there is NO way that you will break up with a woman that you have been with for 10 years and it be "clean as a whistle" i ain't knocking your arrangement, because if it works for you and yours, then cool....so be it. but just be reality with yourself for a minute. you are married without the papers, and you will feel the "divorce" pain if you ever leave your woman. you can bet that shyt....:manny:

BlvdBrawler

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I wasn't trying to slight your relationship and I apologize if that's how it came off but I personally just don't agree with being in long term relationships just to be in them but I'm glad it's working for you two.

That's another point of view. Personally, I can't imagine breaking up a happy relationship so I can go out and try to find someone else to be happy with who's willing to sign a contract. It's the lesser-important aspect of commitment, imo.

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?
I've always said this. The concept of one soul mate is laughable when there are billions of people on Earth.

37464833dcuqe.jpg

BlvdBrawler

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:laff:

so you "co-signed" on a car for her and you think that if shyt got ugly she would just give it to you with no problem? if you co-signed, that means that she is the primary on the loan. so she can make it difficult for you to just take the car. and whether you want to hear it or not, there is NO way that you will break up with a woman that you have been with for 10 years and it be "clean as a whistle" i ain't knocking your arrangement, because if it works for you and yours, then cool....so be it. but just be reality with yourself for a minute. you are married without the papers, and you will feel the "divorce" pain if you ever leave your woman. you can bet that shyt....:manny:

I'm the primary. There's no common-law marriage in my state. It'd be easy if it ever came to it. What's she gonna do sue me for wasting her time?

BlvdBrawler

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Is the car in her name? it aint that simple to take it a sell it. She gonna call saying its stolen.

It's in both our names. I'm the primary. I wouldn't take it unless she started missing payments and fukking up my credit.

Tax breaks ....

And if I spend 30k on a wedding, how many years of tax breaks is it gonna take to recoup the costs of the wedding?

Steve Piffler

I got them CERTS
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I'm the primary. There's no common-law marriage in my state. It'd be easy if it ever came to it. What's she gonna do sue me for wasting her time?

i can tell a couple of things about you. you probably have never gone through a bad breakup before where the two of you share a dwelling and property. your sweet and beautiful "bae" will turn into the devil when you break up. especially if it's on bad terms (which it usually is). you can't kick her out of YOUR house legally without giving her at least a 30 day notice if her name is on any mail that comes in the mailbox. you can't just take her car from her if it's her only mode of transportation. she can say that she helped purchase all the shyt in your house and the courts will believe her if you can't produce proof that she didn't pay for shyt. she can fight all of that in court. she can tie you up in so much red tape that you would want to kill her just to get it over with. even if you do prove that she is looney and you get to keep all of your shyt in the end, you will still be out of thousands of dollars in court/lawyer fees and your blood pressure/stress levels will be off the charts. don't give her the benefit of the doubt. she can turn into an evil bytch just like all of the other women. and all of that is just as bad as going through a divorce.

but what do i know....:yeshrug:

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
And if I spend 30k on a wedding, how many years of tax breaks is it gonna take to recoup the costs of the wedding?

30K on a wedding ??? DAMN... well you get about 25% back as gifts.

Actually in a way I do feel you.. I got 4 houses and a business .... I couldnt get divorced cheaply if I tried :snoop: ... while on the other hand if we werent married :win:

Oh and if she was paying the car note using her checking account with checks having only her name on it for 2 years or so.. its gonna be hard for you to legally jack it from her especially if its her only means of transportation and If y'all have a child .... The car is staying

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It's in both our names. I'm the primary. I wouldn't take it unless she started missing payments and fukking up my credit.

You don't have to spend 30k on a wedding.

Edit: Now I'm not even saying get married but don't do married people shyt if you have no intentions of getting married. That's the part that's getting me with you and your girl.

BlvdBrawler

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i can tell a couple of things about you. you probably have never gone through a bad breakup before where the two of you share a dwelling and property. your sweet and beautiful "bae" will turn into the devil when you break up. especially if it's on bad terms (which it usually is). you can't kick her out of YOUR house legally without giving her at least a 30 day notice if her name is on any mail that comes in the mailbox.

:stop:

We broke up at the end of 2010. She had all her stuff out of my house within 2 hours.

you can't just take her car from her if it's her only mode of transportation.

She has another car that she lets her brother use.

she can say that she helped purchase all the shyt in your house and the courts will believe her if you can't produce proof that she didn't pay for shyt. she can fight all of that in court. she can tie you up in so much red tape that you would want to kill her just to get it over with. even if you do prove that she is looney and you get to keep all of your shyt in the end, you will still be out of thousands of dollars in court/lawyer fees and your blood pressure/stress levels will be off the charts. don't give her the benefit of the doubt. she can turn into an evil bytch just like all of the other women. and all of that is just as bad as going through a divorce.

Everything I buy I purchase on my Amex. Wouldn't be hard to go back and show purchase dates, but that's irrelevant since she wouldn't fight me in court for anything.

but what do i know....:yeshrug:
About my situation? Apparently nothing. But please, tell me more about my life.

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
LMAO! I wouldn't marry her either, she seems like she makes crazy financial decisions that you somehow end up being in the middle of.

BlvdBrawler

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You don't have to spend 30k on a wedding.

Edit: Now I'm not even saying get married but don't do married people shyt if you have no intentions of getting married. That's the part that's getting me with you and your girl.

Let me put it to you this way.

If we had gotten married 9 years ago, and then gotten divorced this year, would the last 10 years somehow be more valid or meaningful because of that marriage contract? Why, or why not?