Lets put the whole "starting a business is the best/jobs are always for suckers" lie

john goodman

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
Depends on the job and what you can segue that into

At the end of the day... being 40+ and on another mans schedule isnt cool

People need to understand how money works if they wanna be rich

By how money works I mean...

Understand where it comes from... where its going... for what reasons... and what part of the process you can fit into

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You think business owners don't live on other people's schedules :heh:

Every employee is not some mailroom serf and every business owner is not Richard Branson

With your business you are allowed to set your own hours and basically create your own politics. There is more freedom in having your own company than working for someone else.

john goodman

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
You think business owners don't live on other people's schedules :heh:

Every employee is not some mailroom serf and every business owner is not Richard Branson

Building your own biz is way different from being a grown man that cant take a long lunch wothout getting shyt

Corporate america is a soul crusher imo

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
With your business you are allowed to set your own hours and basically create your own politics. There is more freedom in having your own company than working for someone else.

Thats the dream MLM folks love to sell.

In reality, your hours are set by your customers. Your politics are driven by your customers. You work for your customers.

Lets talk a realistic business. You open a bagel shop. You can't open at 12 noon, people want bagels in the morning. Your competitors are getting to work at 4AM to start baking and open their doors at 6-7AM. Maybe if you have a business where you work from home or don't interface at all with clients, but lets be realistic, 99% of businesses don't work that way.

Building your own biz is way different from being a grown man that cant take a long lunch wothout getting shyt

Corporate america is a soul crusher imo

Have you ever worked in corporate America?

john goodman

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia

In reality, your hours are set by your customers. Your politics are driven by your customers. You work for your customers.

Lets talk a realistic business. You open a bagel shop. You can't open at 12 noon, people want bagels in the morning. Maybe if you have a business where you work from home or don't interface at all with clients, but lets be realistic, 99% of businesses don't work that way.

God no

Personally id never work on salary...

STEVE

MIami Beach on the check-in.
Daps
Reppin
Miami Beach, FL
i wouldn't trust most of the posters on this site to wash my bicycle let alone give me any sort of business or financial advice

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
Gives someone the right to own your schedule during the work week and sometimes weekends
Not necessarily. At my old company a lot of people worked from home, or only worked a certain # of hours per week. When I interviewed with Google, everyone I talked to Skyped in from home. Corporate culture is moving towards a more flexible view of time

Makes you complacent... $$ is coming in either way.
You can still get fired for poor performance. See it all the time

I like to kill what I eat and run my schedule
Again depending on where you are you can do that within the context of working for a company. Likewise running a business doesn't automatically mean you will have free reign over your schedule

The Nigerian

The Realest Member of TheColi
Daps
Reppin
All The Way One Hunnid
lol. u can see the HATE just dripping from this post
Back in my tennis days we had an acronym that describes that post you quoted: CLT.

C lassic
L oser
T alk

My business is going nuts. I literally have to tell people to wait for me to catch up with my demand. In less than a week I've been able to accomplish so many steps. Right now, I'm just getting everything ready to go to the SBA for my first big loan.

Being your own boss is :ahh:

Having people work for you is :ahh:

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Lets talk a realistic business. You open a bagel shop. You can't open at 12 noon, people want bagels in the morning. Your competitors are getting to work at 4AM to start baking and open their doors at 6-7AM. Maybe if you have a business where you work from home or don't interface at all with clients, but lets be realistic, 99% of businesses don't work that way.

If you choose to open a bagel shop that competes with someone else, then yes you'll have to compete with their hours/prices. However if you open your business to be a mid-day bagel shop and focus on the group of people that may want bagels in the middle of the day or in the evening then you focus on that. You create your own customer base and Bagel shop A can still eat off their customers. Again, you can customize your business to fit your needs, if it's something you want to do.