Lets put the whole "starting a business is the best/jobs are always for suckers" lie

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
Just one point here: Politics is life. Even if you own your own business, you have to play politics with customers. The world isn't fair at the most general level, even outside of work. Many human beings socially plateau at high school / early college.

What you're outlining aren't simply "job problems" but "human problems." Just had to put that out there.

Not 100% true, but I'm not saying jobs are the only way to fly either.
Exactly. Lot of business gets handed over to friends and people people know over the most qualified companies largely through networking... it goes all the way to the top (Halliburton)

Its like those dudes who say "American women suck I would only marry a foreigner". All that says to me is they have no experience w/foreigners and suck with American women.... nothing about the women themselves

The Nigerian

The Realest Member of TheColi
Daps
Reppin
All The Way One Hunnid
Just cause it worked for you... doesnt mean its for everybody

And in any case, you just started. Holler at us in 4-5 years
Man, I just started and I'm already being swamped with people wanting orders. I can't keep up with demand. It's kind of embarrassing because I feel like I got caught with my pants down.

You can watch my progress in realtime: http://www.facebook.com/mollywatr

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Man, I just started and I'm already being swamped with people wanting orders. I can't keep up with demand. It's kind of embarrassing because I feel like I got caught with my pants down.

You can watch my progress in realtime: http://www.facebook.com/mollywatr
Make your own thread, I literally couldn't care less about your business.

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
lol. u can see the HATE just dripping from this post
Its not hate. Dude wants to talk about his business, hes already made 3 threads about it. No need to spam up an unrelated discussion with his attention whoring. I wish dude the best but I don't want dude using my thread as a platform

john goodman

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
Depends on the job and what you can segue that into

At the end of the day... being 40+ and on another mans schedule isnt cool

People need to understand how money works if they wanna be rich

alpo

Dade County carol city
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carol city
you really got it in for primerica huh? :blessed:

i dont think many people (especially) these days quit jobs without having some type of plan...:ld:

ive been in corporate america for over a decade...its cool and right now i make more than ive ever made...i actually do make 6 figures...but i can definitely see why someone would wanna work for themselves....

you are working hard for someone else...in the corporate world...so being able to do what i want on my own terms is appealing....

anyway...its a big world...worry about yourself and how you get thru it instead of worrying about another mans path...:troll:

if the next man wants to work at primerica or sell oranges....what do you care? :troll:
:shaq2::rudy::childplease:

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Not only do you need an actual plan for the business but one for yourself in the event this doesn't pull through.

If you build a stable financial foundation for yourself...having a hefty emergency fund as well as living on a strict budge and build your business organically, then I don't see why it can't be a rewarding process.

It's just not feasible to believe that you can quit your job and jump into your own business making the same amount you made at the job. Nah more than likely you'll be making substantially less and won't see big profits until your 4th or 5th year in.