Lets keep it real, AA's have the best black food in the world

H.I.M.

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Outside of the pork, pig feet, chitlins and shyt like that :ehh:

And the world agrees...watered down, cheap imitations of our cuisines generate tens of billions worldwide annually...via fast food resturants.

And any nikka raised on the east coast is gonna think you crazy for this...cus by and large, WE don't know real food...we mostly eat low grade Chinese remix's of our shyt at the carryout...and at Jamaican spots.

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Name another Liggins hot I'm just honest.
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff
You like piss. Your opinion on food does not count. :mjlol:

I don't drink it. Purposely. :mjgrin:

You can slander the Golden Piss Empire all you wish but cheese is absolutely disgusting. Unless it's used as a flavoring on chips or Alfredo Sauce.

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
No its not just because your grandmother cooked it and (im sure it was fire) doesnt make it an african american dish.

how is it not an afram dish when they've most likely have been eating variations of it for hundreds of years and most likely longer than jamaicans have been eating curry goat/chicken?

RiffRaff

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Houston to LA like I'm Robert Horry.
Outside of the pork, pig feet, chitlins and shyt like that :ehh:

And the world agrees...watered down, cheap imitations of our cuisines generate tens of billions worldwide annually...via fast food resturants.

And any nikka raised on the east coast is gonna think you crazy for this...cus by and large, WE don't know real food...we mostly eat low grade Chinese remix's of our shyt at the carryout...and at Jamaican spots.

Ain't nikkas in NY got Sylvia's? No excuse for this type of buffoonery. AA's off Creole food alone won this debate.

Wiles

Superstar
Daps
nikka if I got to go that far for some fukking Oxtails then it was never worth it to begin with :heh:

Comparing Miami... With a HUGE carribean population "outside of possibly the actual Carribeans islands" to Carolina for Sushi...:heh:

I'm not going out of my way for that shyt. There are Jamaican restaurants here in ATL and Miami.

Im sure Carolina actually got decent sushi spots made by authentic Japanese people as well so now you're generalizing. Ive had Oxtails... They are not that special. Accept it

Your full of shyt but ok.

Stay your broke ass in miami some cities have better food.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Your full of shyt but ok.

Stay your broke ass in miami some cities have better food.
I'm not full of shyt bytchnikka im not going to a different city just for some fukking oxtails :mjlol:

How stupid does that sound..

Stay your bumass in NY and keep assuming it makes a difference with trash cooking:mjlol:

Rhapscallion Démone

♊Dogset Emperor and Sociopathic Socialite ♊
Supporter
Daps
Maybe I wasnt clear but I said Curry is Indian. Whether Chicken or Goat. I said ours differs in that we use allspice and maybe the spice proportions differ plus we serve it with different sides.

Whats the difference between AfrAm mac and cheese and regular baked mac and cheese?
Regular mac and cheese is just noodles with cheddar sauce baked on it. African American Mac and Cheese is layered almost like lasagna so you got to cut into it like a cake, and don't let us get fancy and put some bacon on it boy!
:ohlawd:

Last edited:

Wiles

Superstar
Daps
how is it not an afram dish when they've most likely have been eating variations of it for hundreds of years and most likely longer than jamaicans have been eating curry goat/chicken?
Go to any African american soul food spot and they dont have ox tail. Go to a jamican Or trinidad spot and they do. But but its an african american dish tho. Stop using emotions and use logic.

H.I.M.

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Ain't nikkas in NY got Sylvia's? No excuse for this type of buffoonery. AA's off Creole food alone won this debate.

On the east coast...folks gonna have more familiarity with Chinese & Jamaican carryouts and fukkin McDonald's than places like Sylvia's...even a large chunk (if not majority) of the Soul Food/Barbecue spots you come across on the East Coast are gonna be manned and operated by chinks :mjlol:

FruitOfTheVale

Superstar
Daps
Go to any African american soul food spot and they dont have ox tail. Go to a jamican Or trinidad spot and they do. But but its an african american dish tho. Stop using emotions and use logic.

:comeon:

o.jpg

o.jpg

Both these spots in Oakland California, never mind Atlanta and NC and etc. Accept your L in peace breh :ufdup:

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps

it doesn't pay to lie:mjlol:

There’s a reason why oxtails are a soul food staple

Braised Oxtails Soul Food Recipe

Oxtail is a bony, gelatin-rich meat, which is usually slow-cooked as a stew[1] or braised. It is a traditional stock base for a soup. Although traditional preparations often involve hours of slow cooking, modern methods usually take a shortcut by utilizing a pressure cooker. Oxtail is the main ingredient of the Italian dish coda alla vaccinara. It is a popular flavour for powder, instant and premade canned soups in the United Kingdom and Ireland. Oxtails are also one of the popular bases for Russian aspic appetizer dishes (холодец or студень), along with pig trotters or ears or cow "knees", but are the preferred ingredients among Russian Jews because they can be Kosher.

Versions of oxtail soup are popular traditional dishes in South America, West Africa, China, Spain [2] and Indonesia. In Korean cuisine, a soup made with oxtail is called kkori gomtang (꼬리곰탕). It is a thick soup seasoned with salt and eaten with a bowl of rice. It can be used as a stock for making tteokguk (rice cake soup). Stewed oxtail with butter beans or as main dish (with rice) is popular in Jamaica, Trinidad, and other West Indian cultures. Oxtail is also very popular in South Africa where it is often cooked in a traditional skillet called a potjie, which is a three-legged cast iron pot placed over an open fire. Oxtail is also eaten in other southern parts of Africa like Zimbabwe and served with sadza and greens. In the United States, oxtail is a mainstay in African American and West Indian households. In the Philippines, it is prepared in a peanut based stew called Kare-kare. In Iran, Oxtail is slow-cooked and served as a substitute for shank in a main dish called Baghla-Poli-Mahicheh which is prepared with rice, shank (or oxtail) and a mixture of herbs including dill, coriander, parsley and garlic.

Oxtail - Wikipedia

This oxtail stew is the perfect example of making do with what you have. Oxtail was considered scraps, and soul food transformed it by simmering and slow-cooking it into goodness.

Southern cooks will tell you that these soul food recipes are the best