Lets keep it 100....does "Get Out" deserve any Oscars?

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
Hold up hold hold up hold up
MIKE-SMITH_zpscis7idzs.gif

Why the booths WOAT posting in here??

30vdm5t_zps4u0xcvol.png

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Y'all gotta be a little more cognizant of when you're being trolled. The dude who made the thread posted a smilie then vanished for a few pages before coming back to pretend a movie with the premise of Get Out being Oscar worthy was absurd, even though a movie about a deaf women falling in love with a fish monster is leading all nominees. While he was gone, y'all argued for pages with a nikka whose sole argument was that Logan was better and instead of critiquing Get Out, critiqued why the movie earned the nominations it has. Somehow Mask of Zorro became a talking point in all this.

Y'all gotta do better:francis:
:russ: I’ll say this on behalf of the film room then: my bad.

@Zero was right we gotta do better.

But see that’s why this place has gone to shyt. No real discussions anymore because it’s all trolling.

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
:russ: I’ll say this on behalf of the film room then: my bad.

@Zero was right we gotta do better.

But see that’s why this place has gone to shyt. No real discussions anymore because it’s all trolling.
The official threads for the movies themselves are where you're gonna find the best discussion. But even if you go into the Get Out thread, there's literally no dissenting opinions in there. Trust me, I read the whole thing. Then right after the nominations come out, this thread gets made?:comeon:nikka knew posting something like this, on a forum like this, was a guaranteed plat thread. I respect the hustle:hubie:

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
The official threads for the movies themselves are where you're gonna find the best discussion. But even if you go into the Get Out thread, there's literally no dissenting opinions in there. Trust me, I read the whole thing. Then right after the nominations come out, this thread gets made?:comeon:nikka knew posting something like this, on a forum like this, was a guaranteed plat thread. I respect the hustle:hubie:
Silly me. Figured there would be good discussion here and apparently I fell for the play action and got sucked into the matrix

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
But shape of water was wack too
:nononiggsmj:

the experience in the theater alone with Get Out was crazy! (especially if youre black and watched in a majority black theater)
i loved it.
but The Shape of Water is the one for me this year.
Cause i watched that shyt and once it got REALLY bizarre, i wondered "how is this gonna work?"
just a dope flik imo. looked amazing too!

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
On top of everything else, we gotta put up with SirBiatch now? :notithes:

@hex We need to have a serious discussion about the Film Room moving forward in 2018 :isthatafact:

Just put him on Ignore. It's not that serious breh. Dude saying he's a screen writer is like me saying I play for the NBA after a game of horse. Just keep it moving.

Fred.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Just put him on Ignore. It's not that serious breh. Dude saying he's a screen writer is like me saying I play for the NBA after a game of horse. Just keep it moving.

Fred.
:deadmanny: Why

Also real shyt that ignore button is almost as good as the mute button on Twitter

mbewane

Knicks: 93 til infinity
Daps
Reppin
Brussels, Belgium
I feel like Get Out came out two years ago already :dwillhuh:

Didn't it come out basically around the same time as Moonlight? :patrice:I'm in Europe so maybe there's some delay :hubie:

Anyways yeah it def should win something, but tbh I don't care one bit lol, it's made its impact regardless imo:yeshrug: