Lets keep it 100....does "Get Out" deserve any Oscars?

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
we was talkin bout seeing Get Out on day one when the trailer first came out. I know I started that thread. Get Out is a movie that leaves people talking and discussing things after they watch it. Logan was just a good comic book movie that people will forget about and lump in with other X-men movies. Get Out was clearly some shyt we haven't seen before and I'm hoping they do another movie from the perspective of a black woman dating out.

edit: You have people referencing "the sunken place" now. "but....Logan":martin:

Last edited:

Duke Dixon

Superstar
Daps
Get Out is better than Arival which got a lot of nominations last year, that movie was :trash:

I haven't seen the other movies nominated though.

I only saw Logan once and I was too happy to finally see Wolverine shiskabob people's heads to properly rate it.

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
we was talkin bout seeing Get Out on day one when the trailer first came out. I know I started that thread. Get Out is a movie that leaves people talking and discussing things after they watch it. Logan was just a good comic book movie that people will forget about and lump in with other X-men movies. Get Out was clearly some shyt we haven't seen before and I'm hoping they do another movie from the perspective of a black woman dating out.

edit: You have people referencing "the sunken place" now. "but....Logan":martin:
This is the same argument of was Ether a better diss track than Take over. When you influence the cultural lexicon you are important. There is nothing else that can be said.

Tigron

Superstar
Daps
Of course it does. People try too hard to question the integrity of the film because of the subject matter that it covers. It was a fresh approach to every genre it touched on and it provided good social commentary about the state of black men in America. Right now as I'm typing this there's literally a film about a white woman fukking a seaweed monster and we talkin about does Get Out deserve the acclaim that it gets? :snoop:

If we're talking oscars how does Logan even get brought up? :heh:

Im genuinely confused brehs

Pitfalls0117

Invokana Trump
Daps
Reppin
NJ->BOS->DC
The best film of 2017 was GOOD TIME
And should have been nominated for picture, director, actor, supporting actor, supporting actress, and original soundtrack

Get Out would be a great choice for best picture with the current nominees.

Low key the last three years, a dope indie horror movie has come out every spring.
2017: get out
2016: the witch
2015: it follows

SirBiatch

Prince of Persia. Stalked for daps
Daps
Considering the Oscar voters hate action movies and thrillers, I am surprised they gave Get Out as much props as they did.

It's all about timing.

1. I believe the academy is run by a Black woman now.
2. Diversity is slowly becoming a real issue that Hollywood is finally addressing. Whether it'll be long term beneficial to us is another issue.
3. There's really nothing else. These Oscar bait films get more horrendous by the year. Snubbing Get Out at this point would look super dumb because people actually saw that movie and liked it.

SirBiatch

Prince of Persia. Stalked for daps
Daps
:dead: at the weirdos rambling about me for pages while I was gone. Then wondering why The Film Room has fallen off.

Weirdos crying about "there's no more discussions" but when they initiate convo with you out the blue, and you want them to step up to the convo they started, they disappear and go mute. Then other lames show up to pile on for daps instead of contributing to the topic.

I made a thread about a movie that's now the 3rd highest grossing Korean film in history. That thread died on arrival. None of you so-called film fans even bothered to at least look at the trailer*.

Along With The Gods (Korean film)

You can yammer about trolling all day but the biggest trolls are the shytmods and the shytposters that enable them. If something isn't working, always look at the people running it. That's common sense.

*I later discovered a barely-responded thread for the same film. Part of being a mod is to see similar threads and merge the shyts to maximize discussion and remove clutter. People sometimes make duplicate threads deliberately or in error. Do your job, and stop pretending to know/appreciate film when you chicken out of discussions at the first sign of sonning.

When she let the monster smash...I knew the movie was bullshyt

yoooo you gotta spoiler that shyt :laff: I already bought my ticket to see it on Saturday.

I hope I'm not in for a bullshyt movie. It's the only Best Picture nom (outside of Get Out) that I plan on seeing.

knnymac

Pro
Daps
Reppin
MidWest
Yeah it deserve some Oscars. For the culture.

le5tuRm.png