Let’s just end this debate right now, Kobe Bryant dominated Tim Duncan’s teams in the playoffs. Like, consistently, every single time.

B...

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Indiana

YEA ITS BULLshyt
BECAUSE IF THAT WCF MVP EXISTED
BACK THEN
KOBE WOULD HAVE ONE WHILE
PLAYING WITH PRIME SHAQ
AND THIS WHOLE NARRATIVE
WOULD BE DESTROYED.

:devil:
:evil:

Absolutely. Literally just told this same shyt to my guy at work. Kobe would’ve easily won those western conference MVP’s & left Shaq to get the finals which would’ve made this talkin point irrelevant.

Coli Hoecomb

Trollin' in my 64'
Daps
Reppin
East Coast All Stars
They were both great and dominant at their respective times in that decade but Tim was the unquestioned leader and best player on his of HIS team that decade. That along with his efficiency gives him the nod IMO.

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps
Carry your team by being unusable in crunch time because you can’t hit FTs brehs

Carry your team by needing to get bailed out in OT by a 21 year old in the biggest game of a Finals series brehs

Oh yeah speaking of WCF MVPs, Kobe outplayed Shaq in that G7 vs Portland in 2000

No one is rewriting history, a lot of yall just weren’t there :mjlol: Kobe had the best selling jersey all those years, in real time nikkas knew what time it was.

malbaker86

Gators
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville, FL
Carry your team by being unusable in crunch time because you can’t hit FTs brehs

Carry your team by needing to get bailed out in OT by a 21 year old in the biggest game of a Finals series brehs

Oh yeah speaking of WCF MVPs, Kobe outplayed Shaq in that G7 vs Portland in 2000

No one is rewriting history, a lot of yall just weren’t there :mjlol: Kobe had the best selling jersey all those years, in real time nikkas knew what time it was.

nikka said "best selling jersey" if that ain't the most useless measurement of shyt i've ever heard lol.

Pretty sure you'd take AI over TD with that logic

BigTyme Records

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Most GMs and most non casual fans will take Duncan. It is what it is.

You can build a dynasty around that nikka

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
I want to be done talking about Kobe unless its clearly bigging him up. These threads annoy me. The main reason Kobe get dinged for playing with Shaq is because dudes just knew he would never win without him. Kobe winning made all them haters stupid. They pride and ego had to find something to cling on. So now they want to call him overrated or downplay his legacy. The damn man went to 3 straight finals outside his prime in a tougher Nba than MJ with no Shaq.

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps
nikka said "best selling jersey" if that ain't the most useless measurement of shyt i've ever heard lol.

Pretty sure you'd take AI over TD with that logic

I wouldn’t take AI over TD, but I’d definitely take
him over Steve Nash or other clowns yall put over him. Y’all talk about ball from a in the house perspective.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Honestly, if I’m building a team today I’m picking Kobe over TD.

Kobe brought a lot more utility than people realize. Dude at least would be able to match up 1-4 out there. Everything Jaylen Brown can do, Kobe would be able to and he was Finals MVP.

No doubt Duncan was a great team player and his game worked for that time, but individually, Kobe’s game and attributes much closer resembles today’s basketball.
What always gets left out of these conversations too is the fact Duncan didn't have to carry the offensive burden Kobe (and others) had to. Duncan never averaged over 20 after the '04-'05 season. He was able to coast through seasons because of San Antonio's infrastructure.

If Giannis averaged 19 a game next season, Milwaukee would be in the play-in.