Let’s just end this debate right now, Kobe Bryant dominated Tim Duncan’s teams in the playoffs. Like, consistently, every single time.

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
The "Sidekick" :unimpressed:

EAM8h7bW4AAP3mD.jpg:large

YEA ITS BULLshyt
BECAUSE IF THAT WCF MVP EXISTED
BACK THEN
KOBE WOULD HAVE ONE WHILE
PLAYING WITH PRIME SHAQ
AND THIS WHOLE NARRATIVE
WOULD BE DESTROYED.

:devil:
:evil:

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Manu was playing on a sprained ankle and Bowen retired the following season. Duncan was clearly not in his prime in 08. This isn't even a discussion. :unimpressed:

Going by this retarded ass logic.

Dirk is better than Kobe because he never beat him in the playoffs. Kobe lost to Dirk while he was first team All-NBA and 1st all defense, Pau was second team All-NBA and LO was the 6th man of league. :unimpressed:

Nash is better than Kobe because he beat him 2-1 in the playoffs. :unimpressed:

Like I've said this logic is heavily flawed.
Straight bozo babble. Stick to shytting on your boy Pelinka. :unimpressed:

Daps
Manu was playing on a sprained ankle and Bowen retired the following season. Duncan was clearly not in his prime in 08. This isn't even a discussion. :unimpressed:

Going by this retarded ass logic.

Dirk is better than Kobe because he never beat him in the playoffs. Kobe lost to Dirk while he was first team All-NBA and 1st all defense, Pau was second team All-NBA and LO was the 6th man of league. :unimpressed:

Nash is better than Kobe because he beat him 2-1 in the playoffs. :unimpressed:

Like I've said this logic is heavily flawed.
The only player comparable to Kobe is Duncan in terms of accomplishments for that era. No shyt head to head is the tipping point

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
To Kobe's credit he WORKED to improve his game to the point where the Lakers could move on from Shaq..He wanted the pressure of being the man and was so dedicated to winning that he signed off on Phil coming back to build a contender.

Everybody respects Kobe, but "he owned Duncan" is a trash take.

Last edited:

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
Because Kobe was a sidekick.

Kobe won exactly nothing after Shaq left until Pau got there.

There is no comparison between Tim and Kobe. Tim is the HOF big Kobe needs to even compete for titles, otherwise he doing a bunch of nothing but going up 3 - 1 in the first round and losing.

You giving Kobe credit for the 3 peat. He was still there after Shaq left. What happened?
U act like Kobe was playing decades after shaq

the 04 lakers returned like 3 players and Kobe was the only starter.

it took Kobe 4 seasons to get to the finals

also the lakers had the best record in the west before Bynum injury. That’s the only reason gasol was on the lakers. Gasol got swept as the guy all 3 of his playoff appearances

so miss with that gasol ish

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It seems that Kobe is the only player in history this argument is used against. No one ever says “ well magic played with Kareem” or vice versa. shyt is weird honestly, and if you look at Kobe’s stats during that 3peat, no one with a sane mind would say he was “carried”.

I've always said this. Kareem gets 2 Finals MVPs, nobody says anything. Kareem played with Magic and a star-studded Lakers team. Nobody says anything.

Kobe is hated almost like Trump voters hate Obama, there's an irrational, psychotic, intense hatred zeroed in on him that can't be shaken.

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Also another thing that's funny is Steph winning a ring in 2022 is used by Steph Stans to argue he was more important than KD in 2017 and 2018 despite KD getting the Finals MVPs back then.

But somehow that logic doesnt apply to Shaq and Kobe. Kobe went on to 3 Championship Appearances and 2 Rings Post-Shaq while Shaq mostly fell off. Something tells me that if Steph had went to the Championship three times like Kobe did but in 2022, 2023 and 2024 and won two of them, Steph Stans would be screaming from the rooftops that he was top five and talking down on KD even more than they do now. But yet people still running with this Kobe being carried narrative :mjlol: Kobe proved thoroughly that he didn't need Shaq :mjlol:

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps
4-1 in their primes.

Stats here from 2001-2004 x.com

In 2008 Kobe averaged 29/6/4 (he shot 10 fts all series too) he TORCHED these nikkas and beat the defending champs 4-1

It should also be noted that the Spurs had homecourt advantage in 01,02, and 04… and STILL LOST

:mjlol: I love Tim Duncan he’s one of my favorite players, but Kobe dominated this man for a decade.

Facts. TD is top 10 and his work with Pop and the Spurs was amazing, but the narrative he was bette than Kobe was pure hate from day 1. Bill Simmons actually started it after the 07 Finals. Even when it was “Shaqs team” in 2001 and 2004 it was Kobe who shytted on them.

Jplaya2023

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
4-1 in their primes.

Stats here from 2001-2004 x.com

In 2008 Kobe averaged 29/6/4 (he shot 10 fts all series too) he TORCHED these nikkas and beat the defending champs 4-1

It should also be noted that the Spurs had homecourt advantage in 01,02, and 04… and STILL LOST

:mjlol: I love Tim Duncan he’s one of my favorite players, but Kobe dominated this man for a decade.
The spurs did not have HCA in 2002 vs the lakers