Let's discuss the true meaning behind the Bible

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The problem with that is Latin American Catholics see black people as evil and they are literally taught that in Sunday School. I'm left handed, to them I'm super e il because I'm black and left handed. Liberals dont love us the other POC are literally taught that we're inferior.
I specified liberation theology - not general Latin American catholicism - for a reason.

I don't recall any "Black people are evil" lessons at Catholic Sunday School - but you've had a different experience than me there.

Liberals are opposed to liberation theology :mjlol: It was the religious doctrine that accompanied the violent opposition to American interests in the 20th century.

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
You know damn well said:

Y'all welcome
The forty-two precepts of Ma'at do not seem to have enjoyed widespread distribution in ancient Egypt. Other than their presence on the walls of several tombs, they appear in one or two written Egyptian works, but there is almost no historical documentation about how the ideas were used. Different lists in different places have different declarations, so there’s no “official” list of Ma'at’s principles.

Further, in contrast to the precepts of Ma'at, the Ten Commandments are phrased as explicit rules, not suggestions. There is nothing optional about the Ten Commandments. Instead, they are very specific: “You will not . . .” and “You will . . . .” There are no archaeological or cultural reasons to think that the principles of Ma'at were adapted into the Law of Moses; any suggestion that they were is pure speculation.

The Fade

I don’t argue with niqqas on the Internet anymore
Daps
I think it’s funny that Jesus seems like a really good dude even by 2020 standards. Even all the questionable stuff in the Bible (mostly Old Testament) don’t really have his hands near it I think.

I think his story has so many questions he might as well be made up but it’s overwhelmingly likely he was and actual and specific person. I mean there was undoubtedly many Jewish cult leaders crucified by the romans but a stroke of luck and having the best and most intelligent followers he’s the one who stuck.

I wonder if we had more information on him or he was a more prominent figure that aura would fade. I’m struggling to think of another person who claims to be god, son of god, has all the answers etc. who isn’t a narcissist piece of shyt once we got a fuller picture. Buddha maybe but his existence is even more of a mystery.

Muhammed doesn’t look great with Modern lenses and Adam Smith is a well documented piece of shyt because we have much more info on them.
Ruthless times create ruthless people. Muhammad and Islam is a result of barbaric shytty Yemeni Arab culture Muhammad tried to civilize but Islam still failed at that. It’s just crazy that you have boko haram and other Arab worshippers out here invoking shytty Yemeni culture on other Africans

this is no justification for behavior tho I agree with you.
People like Adam smith are trash outside of being right once a day about a couple things

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Daps
Reppin
Aviso said:
Once again it's not about being right or wrong bro! I am simply showing you the innate power and light that we all possess.

Nah, you're pushing a semi-gnostic narrative that was popular back in the 70's, breh.

I'd rather let the text speak for itself. It's a LOT more interesting that way.​

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
One of the oldest to white people.

Egypt, India and China have scrolls on government theory and political philosophy that predate the Bible by tens of thousands of years.
Honestly, they're not that much older - I'm not referring to the modern Bible - but the books that make up the Bible. They're compositions of much earlier works, which were passed down in various other forms before being placed in the Biblical compendium.

The Vedic and some of the early Chinese texts were themselves formed in like 1500-1000 BCE according to regional scholars.

tuckgod

The high exalted
Bushed
Daps
Honestly, they're not that much older - I'm not referring to the modern Bible - but the books that make up the Bible. They're compositions of much earlier works, which were passed down in various other forms before being placed in the Biblical compendium.

The Vedic and some of the early Chinese texts were themselves formed in like 1500-1000 BCE according to regional scholars.

Yeah a lot of the books of the Bible was taken from those sources.

Also remember, when the Aryans invaded India, they destroyed a whole lot of temples and burned a whole lot of texts before and while they were writing down the Vedas.

That was just their way of preserving the information for themselves.

What we call modern history is really just the world from a European perspective, the perspective of the youngest group of people on this planet.

Aviso

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nah, you're pushing a semi-gnostic narrative that was popular back in the 70's, breh.

I'd rather let the text speak for itself. It's a LOT more interesting that way.​

Okay we'll let the text speak for itself, and you're right it is very interesting:

2 Corinthians 4:3-4 King James Version
3 But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:

4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

Daps
Reppin
wildcats nation
I posted this in the thread about God needing to forgive us for our sins, but I think it's important that many of you read this to truly understand the Bible.

The Bible is not to be taken literally. The stories are simply a means to teach you how to raise YOUR consciousness to that of God. Each Bible story represents various states of mind.

We are God as men but aren't aware of it until we reach the highest state of mind which is the Christ Consciousness. I AM is God or your awareness of being. To know this is when you can truly say that you are one with God and made in his image or as Jesus put it, "I and my Father are one."

Jesus stated time and time again that the Kingdom of God is in man, not outside of man, in the sky or anywhere else. What is the Kingdom of God? The realm of infinite wisdom, peace and right ideas that is obtained through a higher awareness of self, not through money, fame and fortune.

Of course many will doubt this, but it's true. Many doubt because the Bible is setup as a book of stories that don't seem relevant to history or make sense at all. In addition, many have been taught to search for a God outside of themselves. However, the Bible is simply a parable of exoteric and esoteric meaning used to teach you to think beyond your current issues and become one with an unconditional loving energy that exists within you. The exoteric meaning is the literal stories that you read. Again, do not simply read the stories and assume it's history. Instead, read each story and search for the deeper or esoteric meaning that can help you raise your state of mind.

If you've actually read the Bible, you know that Jesus only spoke in parables. Mark 4:34, KJV: "But without a parable spake he not unto them".
Jesus spoke only parables because not every mind is ready for this type of awakening. Once you have awakened to the truth of your true divine identity, you will realize that YOU create your own reality through your thoughts because you are one with the power of God. If YOU don't like what you're seeing in the world, then YOU need to crucify your old ways or put to death the thoughts of sin, which is the true meaning behind Jesus' crucifixion. Sin simply means erroneous thoughts or thinking. To change, you simply need to cross out those thoughts or repent which means to think again. Your ego, which is based in pride and fear, are the main things that keep you from being aware of the fact that we are pure consciousness. Please get past the Bible stories and look within yourself or as eastern religions say, know thyself. With that being said, your sins or erroneous thoughts are already forgiven when you awaken to this higher awareness. In other words, forgive yourself and stop looking for things outside of you to save you. Be a light to the world by thinking right thoughts.

The master formula to a higher awareness can be found in the verse Matthew 6:33 "But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you."

Simply stated, you must express love and righteousness in all that you do so that a higher awareness can be added to your overall being. Stop believing in fear, hate, anger, bitterness and pride, and be that better GODLY version of yourself! Let's discuss...
Bruh. The Bible is a historical account of spiritual events that occurred in the Middle East. It has laws and instructions , it’s not an allegory on how to be awakened. So, stop the mis interepretation
For awakening look into Eastern religion like you noted. “Now thy self”
For peace look into the Bible “love thy neighbor as yourself “

The Fade

I don’t argue with niqqas on the Internet anymore
Daps

Also remember, when the Aryans invaded India, they destroyed a whole lot of temples and burned a whole lot of texts before and while they were writing down the Vedas.

That was just their way of preserving the information for themselves.

What we call modern history is really just the world from a European perspective, the perspective of the youngest group of people on this planet.
you got any directions you can point me to about this?

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Daps
Reppin
tuckdog said:

Not really 'taken' since the civilizations of the ANE had a shared theology. That's why Egyptian cosmology looks just like Sumerian which looks just like Hebrew.

Gotta remember, these people were interacting with each other for a couple thousand years before they invented writing.

Hell, Genesis 1:1-3 is actually taking shots at Ptah.​

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Daps
Reppin
The Fade said:
you got any directions you can point me to about this?

Check this one.....​

9780198150428-us.jpg

Scholarly work that details how elements of Western Asiatic writing made its way way to Europe via the Middle East.​

Aviso

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Bruh. The Bible is a historical account of spiritual events that occurred in the Middle East. It has laws and instructions , it’s not an allegory on how to be awakened. So, stop the mis interepretation
For awakening look into Eastern religion like you noted. “Now thy self”
For peace look into the Bible “love thy neighbor as yourself “

If what you say is true, then tell me this... what did Jesus mean when he said the following?:

Luke 17:20-21 King James Version
20 And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation:

21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

I'll wait.

Aviso

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Also, @Lurk_skward I know where you're going with the whole "Middle East" angle. So, let me show you the truth:

Romans 2:28-29 King James Version
28 For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh:

29 But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

Keyword: inwardly

Focus on YOUR inner self, the God within you bro, not the Middle East or Jews, the state of Israel and all these other things that are made to keep you unaware of the true power within.