Let's be real about gaming this gen.

TheAnointedOne

Superstar
Daps
It's been trash in terms of innovation. Games are a bit shinier and frames are better. Only thing i've seen that was mind blowing was a tech demo for matrix. Everything else has been copy and paste since last en.
hero

hero

FjZuuT5XEA46iCz.jpg:large

Greenhornet

A God Among Kings
Daps
Reppin
Rochester Ny
people are trying to fight back but its true
95% of games yall getting are Pt 6 of the same shyt and "remasters"

if you arent a bytch, you can literally pick apart even the best of companies on their bullshyt

its not terrible to make the same game... but when thats all you provide, it gets redundant.
And then fans make it more exhausting by cheering the shyt like its the best thing that can happen

it shouldnt take 6 years for new zelda, or 13 years for a sequel to Skyrim or literally no single player shyt for GTA V for a 10 year period
on the opposite side, doing the same game over and over gets played out too.... MW, basically most other games are just copy paste of themselves.

Battlefield ran into both problems at once... they made the same game but tried to be innovative and cheap. They ended up with redundant half baked trash with no actual expansion. Just going era to era with wars made sense.... trying to do both things at once without actual product made their release super thin and obvious. Games like Red Dead did expand and innovate, but only when the time was right... but instead of giving more content and actually capitalizing... they half bake ideas and water down the actual expansions

Just companies getting 400-700% profit in this day and age, giving way less effort than before. If they want to release broken bullshyt and these built in updates and patches... then they dont need to sell us the same game over and over, or take years to release better in game patches.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
The art and enjoyment has taken a back seat to the safe business side. Most games, especially big ones, are made to appeal to as many groups as possible, and offend as few ppl as possible. And I can lowkey understand it: look at how pissy the babies got over something like Last Of Us 2 subverting expectations. Mf’s didn’t even let the game release before it was trash. Indies really carrying ideas rn

What was so innovative about the UE5 demo?
The scope and scale. That demo felt a lot bigger than NYC in Miles Morales.

Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
AAA gaming is the antithesis to experimentation and new ideas. It will always be iterative and risk averse as budgets are extremely high and the DLC/microtransactions model is just too profitable to go away. I will enjoy these games but they rarely raise the bar for me

Indie gaming is where it's at. Fresh ideas and getting the most out of that smaller budget as high quality visuals are not the priority