Let's be real about gaming this gen.

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The art and enjoyment has taken a back seat to the safe business side. Most games, especially big ones, are made to appeal to as many groups as possible, and offend as few ppl as possible. And I can lowkey understand it: look at how pissy the babies got over something like Last Of Us 2 subverting expectations. Mf’s didn’t even let the game release before it was trash. Indies really carrying ideas rn

What was so innovative about the UE5 demo?

Nokids

Promise if I have a seed imma guide him right
Daps
Reppin
So much games they could bring back if they want to go that route

Socom(Can you imagine this next gen with a squad???)

An open world cop game where you could be clean or dirty

Had a dream video game Where you start off in a third world country with no shoes and you make your way up to be a successful business man.

First weapon is a stick to rob people then eventually you get a gun when people aren’t scared of the stick. You get a trip to america where you continue.

It would be a mix between shottas/Scarface and fable you see the protagonist grow from a teen to an adult

We have the technology! :mjcry:

Last edited:

Gritsngravy

Superstar
Daps
What’s is innovative in gaming and what games in the past gens brought in this innovation

Nero Christ

Sniper out now on all digital platforms brev
Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia
The art and enjoyment has taken a back seat to the safe business side. Most games, especially big ones, are made to appeal to as many groups as possible, and offend as few ppl as possible. And I can lowkey understand it: look at how pissy the babies got over something like Last Of Us 2 subverting expectations. Mf’s didn’t even let the game release before it was trash. Indies really carrying ideas rn

What was so innovative about the UE5 demo?

And it's only gonna get worse with streaming becoming more prevalent in gaming

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps
We're lowkey in another golden age of gaming if you ask me. Just because the generation is taking long to start doesn't mean we haven't gotten great games these last couple years.

I remember last gen was slow until Witcher 3 / UC4 / Bloodborne.

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
We're lowkey in another golden age of gaming if you ask me. Just because the generation is taking long to start doesn't mean we haven't gotten great games these last couple years.

I remember last gen was slow until Witcher 3 / UC4 / Bloodborne.
Uncharted 4 was dope but I didn’t give a fukk about Witcher 3 or bloodborne to be honest.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Gaming is better than ever. If you can’t find games you like to play then you’re probably just growing old and jaded and need to move on at this point.

Its like when people tell me theres nothing good on tv anymore. We have way more variety and far more options for consuming games than we did 20 years ago ,its not even close

Nothing is going to recreate that childhood experience of playing mario 64 or tekken for the first time. You’re searching for a high that doesn’t exist :yeshrug:

TheSuperkick!

The Ultimate Madness!
Supporter
Daps
Back in the 360 era, it was E3 time and they were hyping new consoles and I asked, what were we getting? My friend on Live said, "aren't you ready for new hardware?" And I was like, WTF does that mean? Prettier graphics? And he said, new consoles. Any question I had was just met with, "it'll be new" and I just let it drop.

But I always ask, aside from graphics, what do you get when you get a new gen these days. From Genesis to 64 to Xbox, I see the upgrades, the power, the control, connectivity, NEW ideas, etc. But after 360 and beyond, it's always graphics, graphics, graphix, GrAfFiXs! That's all people talk about, "look at those colors!" "wow, the water looks ace!" "Ray tracing!" "If this game is less than 60 frames then it's for faggits!"

Now I love the quick load times on PS5 and I like the frames and how smooth it looks. But what else have we gotten other than...superficial upgrades? We've had online for decades, rumble features for decades, water and light physics for decades, amazing sound for decades. Now all we seem to get is one dimensional sameness across multiple genres trying to get the same casual dollar by slowly dripping out a safe and similar experience. How many times have you read someone call Game X "an UbiSoft open world game, BUT BETTER!" or "done right!" ? Hell, people are STILL complaining that we still don't have a new GTA or a new "GTA". (think about it)

Maybe my old man yelling at the clouds is showing here but, I remember when we had droves of games coming out and people were playing them and having fun above all. Now that people have trapped themselves in the graphics box, games take way longer to make and are way more expensive on all fronts. Now we have less games and viable genres.

All in all, I think gaming peaked a while ago. Things are more stagnant than ever before. The "next big thing" is ALWAYS just around the corner in quarter 4, but it may get delayed. And then when it does come, it's been HEAVILY downgraded.

I miss fun...endless fun was nice

Last edited:

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Back in the 360 era, it was E3 time and they were hyping new consoles and I asked, what were we getting? My friend on Live said, "aren't you ready for new hardware?" And I was like, WTF does that mean? Prettier graphics? And he said, new consoles. Any question I had was just met with, "it'll be new" and I just let it drop.

But I always ask, aside from graphics, what do you get when you get a new gen these days. From Genesis to 64 to Xbox, I see the upgrades, the power, the control, connectivity, NEW ideas, etc. But after 360 and beyond, it's always graphics, graphics, graphix, GrAfFiXs! That's all people talk about, "look at those colors!" "wow, the water looks ace!" "Ray tracing!" "If this game is less than 60 frames then it's for faggits!"

Now I love the quick load times on PS5 and I like the frames and how smooth it looks. But what else have we gotten other than...superficial upgrades? We've had online for decades, rumble features for decades, water and light physics for decades, amazing sound for decades. Now all we seem to get is one dimensional sameness across multiple genres trying to get the same casual dollar by slowing dripping out a safe and similar experience. How many times have you read someone call Game X "an UbiSoft open world game, BUT BETTER!" or "done right!" ? Hell, people are STILL complaining that we still don't have a new GTA or a new "GTA". (think about it)

Maybe my old man yelling at the clouds is showing here but, I remember when we had droves of games coming out and people were playing them and having fun above all. Now that people have trapped themselves in the graphics box, games take way longer to make and are way more expensive on all fronts. Now we have less games and viable genres.

All in all, I think gaming peaked a while ago. Things are more stagnant than ever before. The "next big thing" is ALWAYS just around the corner in quarter 4, but it may get delayed. And then when it does come, it's been HEAVILY downgraded.

I miss fun...endless fun was nice
Exactly there’s less risk in the industry unless they are indie. Naughty dog usually introduces a net IP every generation. It’s been coasting off of uncharted and last of us. Which were both dropped back on the ps3. I hear they are doing a metal gear solid remake and I hope it’s a remake of the Nintendo versions and not shadow mosses for ps1.