Lets be honest, what affect has the verdict had on you?

Brown Ant

Hunter-Gatherer
Daps
Reppin
a colony near you
I was angry. Zimmerman racially profiled this kid, and could have a avoided the whole situation if he wasn't so quick to profile. How is this self defense if he's the antagonist? 911 operator even told his ass to not pursue and let the police look into suspicious activity.

This muhfukkas elected himself neighborhood watch, and for what bruh. Now this child is dead all over being an over zealous racist. Racism seems like it will never end. shyt is sad.

It's self defense because Trayvon ambushed Zimmerman. Even if Zimmerman was the aggressor it was still self-defense because Trayvon was slamming Zimmerman's head into the cement like he wanted to shake his brains out.

Marvel

Psalm 149:5-9
Daps
Reppin
House of Yasharahla
Last week, when I found out that manslaughter with a gun in Florida carries a 30 year sentence. I knew that he was getting off. I told my mom that and she thought that because 5 of the 6 women had kids that they would relate to Trayvon's parents and I told her that white people never look at black kids, especially males as like their own. We are viewed as 3 things....predators, token black hire or entertainers to white people...this I am fully convinced of.

When they read, the guilty verdict...I didn't react, I was just numb. Its almost as if I was killed and I had an outer body experience watching my killer go free. I started to think about Trayvon's parents and what they must be going through. This trial only reinforced that we are not Americans...because Americans have full rights and we as black men don't.

Grand Cru Boo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New Yawk New Yawk
If anything I hope this build awareness to our community. If anything I hope the younger generation learn that racism is and will continue to be a burden on this nation. Hopefully we learn to appreciate ourselves more, learn to love our own and build from there. I can't stress enough the importance of this case, but only time will tell.

Cherish life brothers and sister because this could be someone you love.

Chrishaune

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Huntsville
it hink the one thing that bothers me no matter how clean cut you are, no matter record or not, if a white dude feels threatened and decides to pop you, a large contingent will say you deserve it.

That's essentially the problem. You wouldn't be able to say one word to convince a lot of people that a person killing another black person was wrong or at fault in any way. Some will always say "he/she must have been doing something wrong." The benefit of the doubt never goes to a black person in a trial situation unless possibly he/she has an unusual amount of white support for some reason. The fact that 6 mostly white women came to the unanimous decision that one teenager starting to begin his journey into adulthood acted irrationally when he was walking back home as he should, while at the same time saying the person that profiled and killed him acted in a tolerable manner the entire time, says a lot about the prism in which different people look through.

That's why personally, I stick to what I've been doing all my life, because I grew up in the south with parents who know how it can really be for a black individual. I keep to myself, out of the things that will definitely get me put into prison, because as a black man you will go to prison if caught, and they will not care one bit.

With this case I hoped to see some punishment in exchange for the life taken. It didn't out right surprise me about the verdict, because the clues where there about their decision by the time it got to that point. You had maybe 1 or 2 holdouts on manslaughter, but they got brainwashed that it couldn't be. In the end, if in fact this jury is dead wrong in their decision, the day will come when George Zimmerman has to account for every action...every deception that he might have been involved with in the process of this case. No man knows the heart of another individual, but God searches out the deepest darkest and most hidden things. Judgement day will come for George Zimmerman, and for all of us.

:mjpls: I know some of you don't believe in God.

Crack Daniels

Under New Management
Daps
Watched the verdict and really couldnt even react. All I could do was say wow and blankly stare at the tv screen. I had a numb and empty feeling for the rest of the night...like this country is so morally bankrupt it doesnt even make sense. More proof this Justice System is severely flawed

LionofJudah

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
When the verdict first said Not Guilty, I thought that was just for the Murder 2 and they were going to announce the verdict for Manslaughter, but after a few seconds, the truth set in that they just found this fukker not guilty. I was disgusted...

NubianVitruvian

Retired
Daps
It's removed fear and doubt from me I'm alive and now I can spot my enemies much easier. It cut the grass on the snakes even lower.

RTF

2Trill
Supporter
Daps
none

it was hardly an open and shut case, in fact i hoped to avoid it completely because the race problems in america will never ever go away but i found myself reading the wikipedia and seeing the merits of both cases

so basically i got involved in something that will not end positively for anyone no matter what steps are taken

you had someone legitimately curious but unpredictable that had a gun, and then someone who probably tried to use intimidation to get his way

either way both parties automatically thought the worst of each other, and either way it was going to end badly

Legitimately? Curious? That's some bullshyt. Zimmerman was paranoid and angry. Martin was scared. Somehow the story has flipped.

Martin had clocked onto Zimmerman. If you are a criminal and you notice you've been clocked, you flee the scene. So there's really no reason for Zimmerman to hop out the whip and look for him. While that is not illegal, for me, it indicates the intent that he wanted to physically engage with Martin, after all he did bring the strap with him.

Now worst case scenario in Martin's shoes - he's being followed by a dude in a whip. This dude hops out the whip. He obviously wants to do me harm or do me harm. We already know Martin tried to lose Zimmerman but Martin then has a change of heart and decides to confront this strange man following me at night and fights him.

I just know, in the pit of my stomach if these events transpired with the races being opposite, Zimmerman is under the prison.

Then... there's all the stuff BEFORE the trial. Zimmerman's aggressive past. No substance testing. No signs from the coroner that Martin had been in a fight. No arrest.

As blatant a cover-up as i've ever seen in my life.

Family Man

Banned
Daps
Man it's really awkward at work now with all of these white people. They're actually agreeing with the verdict. :snoop:

White people are incapable of showing empathy to anyone that doesn't look like them. They are evil to the core and not fully human.

inndaskKy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Love the coli but I have to say it is the exemplification of the smart dumb attitude at times. Forgive me for speaking on some high horse shyt here.

I'm kinda disgusted by the way people have used this case to express the same racist thoughts which they claim to loathe. Reading threads about the case on here, I got a strong feeling that many people who were talking about possibly rioting before the verdict had been announced and who are celebrating the rioting post-verdict, were not really hoping for a guilty verdict at all. They just say that on here for the build-up so that they can go into full victim-mode once a not guilty verdict had been announced. I don't think any of these people really give a fukk about Trayvon at all. It's fukking sickening to read how they make a mockery of his memory by condoning the same type of racial profiling during these riots as the type which ultimately led to his unnecessary death. I feel like these outraged people don't relate to Trayvon as a person at all either. They just care that his skin was black and that he got in some shyt because of it. They don't care at all what kind of person he was beyond that although they claim they ride for him.

Seriously, what does the random white person in the street in New York or L.A. have to do at all with the verdict in this trial or with the racial profiling of Trayvon by George Zimmerman? What did they do wrong that you feel you must loot their shyt, beat their ass, avoid their presence for the rest of your life and all this other shyt people be calling for in this thread?

Sad to see people still not having a clue on how subtly racism operates and what the source of it is in 2013. Racism is thriving like never before despite all this 'progress'. Also sad to see how mainstream hip hop has lost touch completely with this sort of issue. It just gives a one-dimensional representation of the issue and has become more part of the problem than the solution I feel. Unfulfilled potential, just like Trayvon.

Chris.B

Banned
Daps
Nothing I was a million percent sure he would walk.

I got called a c00n for calling the obvious...

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I'm not going to lie, I expected some fukkery and when it happened I was still disgusted. The combination of subtle racism, profiling, gun control, and an inept prosecution really through this case overboard for me.

Want to do something but don't know where to start.

Yeah, there are tons of other injustices around the world to be mad about, but rarely do they effect people similarly like this situation does.

That's all I have to say.