Lets be honest, what affect has the verdict had on you?

Illuminatos

#OVOXO
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Seriously, what does the random white person in the street in New York or L.A. have to do at all with the verdict in this trial or with the racial profiling of Trayvon by George Zimmerman? What did they do wrong that you feel you must loot their shyt, beat their ass, avoid their presence for the rest of your life and all this other shyt people be calling for in this thread?

mysmilie_4674.gif
None of these dudes on here are about that life. They'll be in the safety of their homes e-preaching from behind their computer screens.

MostReal

Bandage Hand Steph
Daps
breh this has troubled my mind for real

I don't know what to tell my son :to:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
That's essentially the problem. You wouldn't be able to say one word to convince a lot of people that a person killing another black person was wrong or at fault in any way. Some will always say "he/she must have been doing something wrong." The benefit of the doubt never goes to a black person in a trial situation unless possibly he/she has an unusual amount of white support for some reason. The fact that 6 mostly white women came to the unanimous decision that one teenager starting to begin his journey into adulthood acted irrationally when he was walking back home as he should, while at the same time saying the person that profiled and killed him acted in a tolerable manner the entire time, says a lot about the prism in which different people look through.

That's why personally, I stick to what I've been doing all my life, because I grew up in the south with parents who know how it can really be for a black individual. I keep to myself, out of the things that will definitely get me put into prison, because as a black man you will go to prison if caught, and they will not care one bit.

With this case I hoped to see some punishment in exchange for the life taken. It didn't out right surprise me about the verdict, because the clues where there about their decision by the time it got to that point. You had maybe 1 or 2 holdouts on manslaughter, but they got brainwashed that it couldn't be. In the end, if in fact this jury is dead wrong in their decision, the day will come when George Zimmerman has to account for every action...every deception that he might have been involved with in the process of this case. No man knows the heart of another individual, but God searches out the deepest darkest and most hidden things. Judgement day will come for George Zimmerman, and for all of us.

:mjpls: I know some of you don't believe in God.

amen

this is one of the main points i try to tell other black folks as well STAY OUT OF TROUBLE

do not put your life or freedom in the hands of the justice system that has always loved to give blacks harsher sentences and penalties.

chineebai

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I didn't feel anything because I already knew that the case was going to turn out the way it would, there was really no case to begin with to find that guy guilty, no matter how fukked up the situation is.

I think people should drop the whole department of justice revisiting the case, the jury ruled and it's over and done with, I think people like Sharpton and Jackson are doing it for personal gain, nothing but provocateurs

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
It's self defense because Trayvon ambushed Zimmerman. Even if Zimmerman was the aggressor it was still self-defense because Trayvon was slamming Zimmerman's head into the cement like he wanted to shake his brains out.
:usure: you are trolling right?

SuburbanPimp

Giving game to lames since the 90s
Daps
Reppin
In Dallas, From Cleveland
I prepared myself for the Not Gulity verdict...

But when it came, I was still mad. I tried to act like it doesn't affect me and I already knew the judical system is fukked up here so why be upset now. But none of that shyt matters, I can't help how I feel. My family all saying God will take care of him which I bvelieve but that still doesn't make me feel any better cause that was gonna be the case regardless.

Spent all day sunday hanging out with my son talking to him about it. this is basically for him like the Rodney King trial was for me and he just doesn't understand... But I think now he is REALLY starting to see how racist still exist out here something major...

I'm still trying to forget about it and shyt, I refuse to talk about with anybody at work. But I can't say that shyt still doesn't bother me...

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
Not surprised by the verdict. The problem was the the charge that he was being tried for. The thing about "stand your ground" is that you can defend yourself when you are in threat for your life or serious bodily injury. Anyone, white, black, Hispanic or Asian will want to defend themselves against someone, who unprovoked, attacks them in a serious manner.
Because Zimmerman was defending himself for his life because he got into an altercation with Martin, his defense attorney was able to prove his innocence. The problem was that Zimmerman instigated the confrontation. Zimmerman decided to follow Martin and eventually confront him in some manner. The whole premise of having a neighborhood watch group is to watch for suspicious activity and report it to the police. Their job is not to confront suspects of suspicious activity. So if a burglar is on your property, you can defend your home if you are under threat of death or serious injury. If you see a burglar on a neighbor's property, you call 911 and don't confront the suspect.
The missing piece of this case was the confrontation. How did Zimmerman approach Martin such that it escalated into a physical fight. Just by looking at Zimmerman's injuries, it does look like he got into a fight and didn't fake his injuries. That would have possibly changed the outcome of the case, i.e. Zimmerman provoked Martin such that a fight/altercation would ensue.
The other part is that Zimmerman is not a cop and doesn't have cop street smarts or training. He called 911 but didn't take the operator's advice to not confront the person.
So then, what charge would have been better for the district attorney to go for such that it would have cause a guilty verdict? I would have to say it should have been a federal case under the hate crime law, and not to be handled by the county's district attorney's office.
It would have been easier to prove intimation or interference because of the person's race who was engaged in patronizing a public place, in this case, T. Martin was walking on a sidewalk open to the public.
The other charge, if taken on the county level, would have been for brandishing. I know its a watered down charge from manslaughter, but it would have been easier to prove guilt because 1. Zimmerman said that Martin verbally threatened to shoot Zimmerman with his gun, 2. Martin would not have been able to see the gun unless it was displayed. That means Zimmerman, who knew Martin who was not armed, brandished his weapon. The difference in sentencing would have been less, which would have brought about a lot of ire, but Zimmerman would more likely to have been found guilty, he would have gotten a jail sentence, he would have lost his firearm carry permit forever since brandishing is a felony charge, and it would have been easier to use that conviction to make a civil case by his parents to sue for damages.

blvckbieber

Rookie
Daps
My friend,

anyone with legal training would know that Zimmerman would likely be found innocent based on the facts.

The true evil in this case and with many cases like these is the initial racial profiling which brings forth the tragedy or the injustice.

Racial profiling is basically constitutionally permitted says the U.S. Supreme Court.

I am satisfied that this case was brought forward to a jury trial so the nation sees the evils of racial profiling.

An unarmed kid on his cell phone with skittles and iced tea in his hand running home to catch the NBA All Star game is racially profiled by a strange man who racially profiled him to be a criminal. To me Trayvon did not die in vain.

Also the stand your ground law is a law that could be abused, it is a justification to use deadly force in public for any reason... the law is way too broad. I am happy the nation can see the evils of this law as well.

What evidence suggests that he racially profiled him tho?

The first time during the phone call that he mentions Trays race is when the operator asks him. And he says "he looks black", indicating he wasn't sure. Then later on when he says Trays walking towards him he confirms his race saying "and he's a black male". One would assume that with Tray coming closer to him he got a better view and that's why he confirmed it. Or maybe he wanted to let the operator know for sure, thinking in a racist mindset the fact that Trays black would probe some kind of urgency in the operator. I don't know, one one knows. But either way, I don't see enough evidence to say he racially profiled him.

Mass

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Do not give me that stand your ground bullshyt. There is a womans photos floating around Facebook for wrongful incarceration, and she tried to invoke the stand your ground law, and she didn't even kill anyone, but it was denied. :beli: can anyone guess her race?

FOH

bangedher_wholesquad

carlos danger
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think black ppl just sticking up for blacks.

Why no out lash for Hernandez?

If tray on was a proven punk kid who did try to kill Zimmerman then you would be wrong.

And really just enforcing people to be more racist.

The whole defend the kid because he's black annoys me.

blvckbieber

Rookie
Daps
I think black ppl just sticking up for blacks.

Why no out lash for Hernandez?

If tray on was a proven punk kid who did try to kill Zimmerman then you would be wrong.

And really just enforcing people to be more racist.

The whole defend the kid because he's black annoys me.

Im black and I somewhat agree. Im personally trying as much as I can to not let my bias and emotions interfere with how I look at the case but I think a lot of us aren't.

Mass

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
c00ns in here bro
Its not about this particular case, its about the many cases leading up to this.. Enough is enough.