Lets be honest, what affect has the verdict had on you?

mozichrome

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
not much after Saturday night

still had to wake up go to work :yeshrug:
so yes it was tough to see them come to that verdict, but i still had to move on to next day

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Mostly just sadness. It's not a surprising turn of events. But as a father it's very disheartening to see what my son is up against. Young black men get the shortest end of the stick, and the most obstacles to overcome. And even if they do make it they still don't get the piece of the American pie that they deserve.

The shyts depressing when you really think about it.

gangreen

Top Notch
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn #byrdgang
What evidence suggests that he racially profiled him tho?

The first time during the phone call that he mentions Trays race is when the operator asks him. And he says "he looks black", indicating he wasn't sure. Then later on when he says Trays walking towards him he confirms his race saying "and he's a black male". One would assume that with Tray coming closer to him he got a better view and that's why he confirmed it. Or maybe he wanted to let the operator know for sure, thinking in a racist mindset the fact that Trays black would probe some kind of urgency in the operator. I don't know, one one knows. But either way, I don't see enough evidence to say he racially profiled him.

I think you got the latter part correct. I also would not say a racist mindset that seems a little harsh but I would call it a prejudice manner. (Since Zimmerman is a mixed afro peruvian and jew and far from a racist).

Also the operator asked him initially what was Trayvon's race and Zimmerman answered he looked black which would indicate that Zimmerman knew he was not white when he first saw him and thought he was either black or an hispanic black.

I am talking about the profiling that initially made Zimmerman pick out Trayvon walking in the rain.

There is so much evidence that he racially profiled Trayvon before the altercation occured.

Three weeks prior to the shooting, Zimmerman called police to report a young man peering into the windows of an empty Twin Lakes home. Zimmerman was told a police car was on the way and he waited for their arrival. By the time police arrived, the suspect had fled. On February 6, workers witnessed two young black men lingering in the yard of a Twin Lakes resident around the same time her home was burglarized. A new laptop and some gold jewelry were stolen. The next day police discovered the stolen laptop in the backpack of a young black man.which led to his arrest. Zimmerman identified this young man as the same person he had spotted peering into windows.

Now lets fast foward to right before the the altercation occurs when Zimmerman sees Trayvon acting suspiciously according to him and calls 911.Zimmerman called the police non-emergency number to report what he considered a suspicious person in the Twin Lakes community. Zimmerman stated And I quote, "We've had some break-ins in my neighborhood, and there's a real suspicious guy." He described an unknown male "just walking around looking about" in the rain and said, "This guy looks like he is up to no good or he is on drugs or something." Zimmerman reported that the person had his hand in his waistband and was walking around looking at homes. On the recording, Zimmerman is heard saying, "these a$$holes, they always get away.

Okay now, I thought the guy Zimmerman help to get arrested is the guy who actually stole.

Trayvon did not break any laws but was just walking between houses which he had a right to do in the gated community. Well according to his language he painted Trayvon in the same class as those theives who got caught earlier. The common denominator between Trayvon and those arrested earlier are that they are both black youths.

He painted Trayvon, a black youth he did not know with the same brush as a actual criminal just because he was young and black.

If that is not racial profiling, I don't know what is sir.

The altercation would have never occured if he just saw Trayvon and thought nothing of it and drove onto the grocery store... Or he just brings it to the police attention and drives onto the grocery store.

Unfortunately racial profiling that leads to a negligent altercation that leads to a self defense homicide is not a criminal offense. Why can't stupidity be a criminal offense. :why:

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It makes me have fear for my 16 year old nephew growing up in Florida :to:

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Well Since i'm from Toronto and have fams down in Florida I let it be known I will not be flying my black ass over there with that law in place. Vacationing at a spot where a grown ass white man's self defense is valued over a teenage black boy's is something I wish not to be apart of or support.

jilla82

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the internet
I didnt feel anything.

5 people were killed in Chicago this weekend and that was considered a good weekend.
Under 40% of murders are solved....why does this one case change anything?

What did Casey Anthony teach you all?

Huellz Santana

Shocking
Daps
Reppin
Da city where the skinny nikkas die
He wasnt talking about himself. More so the nature of people today. If this would have happened in the 50s, 60s, hell even the 70s and 80s people would be outraged and would rally and protest or speak up and make their concerns and voices heard. Nowadays, it's just stupid unfunny Internet memes. I saw one with Vick saying I was guilty for dog though. Disgusting. A young man is dead (black white fukking blue green orange doesn't matter to me) is dead and people rather take it to Facebook than rather get away from their comfortable lives to do anything meaningful about it. One girl on my Facebook said I'm party extra hard for Trayvon. Wtf? She would rather get drunk because its safe and fun and in her small fukking mind she did something for cause by acting like a ratchet bird for another weekend.

I feel bad for the parents. No parents should bury a child. No matter what color it is. But nothing gonna happen. People will wear hoodies for a week (well here in NYC it's gonna be 90 all week). People will post "insightful" status updates to make themselves feel smarter. We will see every artist who needs a buzz do a Trayvon freestyle. Then Love and Hip Hop comes on and it's back to normal.

People disgust me.

blame the prior generations. i love how people give the previous generations credit for how they handled things but not blaming them for preparing the youth of today.​

Huellz Santana

Shocking
Daps
Reppin
Da city where the skinny nikkas die
as far as my reaction, maybe im apathetic but i didn't feel anything. this is America and i'm well aware of the country I reside in.

it did expose the idiots on my fb feeed (both black and white)

i also learned my brother is a c00n. :mindblown: