Lets be honest, what affect has the verdict had on you?

Rem

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Emptiness, i'm naturally a pessimist so I didn't expect much, but deep down I hoped he won't get away with it. So when I heard the verdict I wasn't surprised one bit. Nothing has changed as far as my perceptions on how little black life is regarded by the rest of the world..the spectrum goes like this for me...

Before the Trayvon Martin incident:

-White people
-Others
-Dogs & cats
-Black people

After

-White people
-Others
-Dogs & cats
-Black people

Ain't a damn thing changed.

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
I don't know why I expected some type of justice. I guess that's the ignorance that comes with youth. Feel kinda heavy and empty at once. Could've been me or someone I know.

King Jove

King Of †he Gawds
Daps
Reppin
[redacted]
i expected him to be found not guilty. that's why i didn't get too emotionally invested in this case.

one thing that i took from this case is what non-black people really think of black people. i can kinda understand if you weren't 100% on trayvons side and have legit reasons why. but the way some non-black (i say non-black because it's not just white people. it's white, hispanic, asian, and middle-eastern) have responded and given their opinion in a sly-racist sort of way to the case and the verdict through real-life, social media, and internet forums have me looking a little :mjpls: at them now.

Youngdev

Superstar
Daps
I mean it's fukked up and all, dude definitely initiated the shyt and killed tray von, he stereotyped the fukk outta him, and he had a history of it. Race definitely was a factor.

But will all that said that stand your ground law is just a fukked up law, it's a few fukked up cases with that law. The justice system is just fukked up. I knew he was gonna get off.

But this ain't have no affect on me, honestly a nikka got more important problems then the trial.

Illuminatos

#OVOXO
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nothing really. I feel bad for what happened to Trayvon though. All he went out to do was buy some candy for his brother and watch the All Star game and some nosy guy decided to try to be some sort of hero. Trayvon was minding his business not bothering anyone and ended up losing his life all because people don't know how to mind their business.

It sucks and i hate to say this corny ass shyt but people die everyday. I can't dwell on shyt like that for too long or else I won't be able to enjoy my life. :yeshrug:

Besides that tomorrow I'm preordering GTA V so I'm happier than a motherfukker. :stylin:

Judgement!

Banned
Daps
Reppin
South Sacramento
I didn't follow the case and expected him to walk. I want some type of plan/awakening as a whole to finally surface with a lot of us. Even if that doesn't happen, it just makes me want to focus on myself and my daughter to put us in a situation that we don't have to deal with this type of sickness.

Momentum

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Let's just say this.

Where I live, Im surrounded by whites.

I got really loud and aggressive.

My neighbors said nothing and wouldnt even make eye contact when I stepped out.
:salute2::salute2::salute2:

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
this shyt happens all the time, all these nikkas preachin about all this "we gotta change shyt" are just thirsty for daps, give these nikkas a week and nobody gonna be talkin about it

nikkas die everyday over stupid shyt(mostly from other nikkas :snoop:) that's just how the game goes :manny:

and every time the media hypes up a trial this much (damn near a year) we should already know it's gonna result in an acquittal (ex. Casey Anthony) they already knew this shyt was gonna go this way they just wanted to milk the press as much as possible

im pourin my liquor for the lil nikka gettin shot in chicago right now, fukk all this shyt cnn talkin about

Mr Uncle Leroy

All Star
Daps
I already stated in another thread that the reinforcement of the value of black people's life, my life being worth nothing is a disappointment. It's not so much a disappointment as it just hurts.

I'm fukked up for real. I learned nothin new. I didn't feel I was emotionally attached but I just hopped in my car and drove around. Stopped and copped some newports and I don't even smoke.

I broke down, tears streamed down my face for the first time in years. I've gotten more comfort from stepping on pieces of broken glass than I'm supposed to feel from the ethical and moral intention of the American justice system.

I didn't know what I cared so much about regarding this case. I don't think it's the case itself as much as it is that parents have to bury their kid and don't get an apology or any empathy. I'm not saying zimmerman should have gotten the death penalty or extensive jail time but damn. If I get killed tomorrow would they even open a case? If I went missing would they even look? Maybe it's not their responsibility maybe it's my family and friends...i dont know yall. I don't even know

it will be alright, breh

it will be alright!

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm surprised at people's surprise

Neanderthals have no souls

Brothers back in the day should've never fukked Neanderthal bytches and slightly evolved them

[ame=http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=L4gCZ1sfCTI]All NON-Africans have traces of Neanderthal DNA - YouTube[/ame]

Daps
Reppin
NULL
The one positive thing that the verdict has had for me is expose how my non-white friends feel about blacks.

.༼-◕_◕-༽.

.༼-◕_◕-༽.
Daps
Reppin
Dona Nobis Pacem
I already stated in another thread that the reinforcement of the value of black people's life, my life being worth nothing is a disappointment. It's not so much a disappointment as it just hurts.

I'm fukked up for real. I learned nothin new. I didn't feel I was emotionally attached but I just hopped in my car and drove around. Stopped and copped some newports and I don't even smoke.

I broke down, tears streamed down my face for the first time in years. I've gotten more comfort from stepping on pieces of broken glass than I'm supposed to feel from the ethical and moral intention of the American justice system.

I didn't know what I cared so much about regarding this case. I don't think it's the case itself as much as it is that parents have to bury their kid and don't get an apology or any empathy. I'm not saying zimmerman should have gotten the death penalty or extensive jail time but damn. If I get killed tomorrow would they even open a case? If I went missing would they even look? Maybe it's not their responsibility maybe it's my family and friends...i dont know yall. I don't even know

Your life is worth something! Don't let these cacs make you believe otherwise!

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
in a month this will be forgotten and another nikka will get murked and that will be the new thing to tweet about....:manny:

It's fukked up but I'll wake up tomorrow and watch Baltimore news and see other niccas reported as dead. So my attitude to this whole GZ trial is:manny:

Especially since this was in Florida. That fukking state is a disgrace.

I followed the trial lightly, watched a lot of the coverage, a little of the trial itself....seemed to me the prosecutors mishandled the case, the DA's looked flabby and sick and ugly, unpolished.....I think they botched the case, but, clearly race played a huge factor. Doesn't come as a surprise to me. And, if I'm not very wrong, very few people out here will give a fukk at all, it's Saturday night, clubs, parties, bottle service, empty and hollow men and women on drugs and alcohol await for many....they don't give a fukk about race relations, discrimination, justice system on a nationwide level, only a personal one.

considering getting a vasectomy
never visiting florida on some tourist shyt

nothing

I stick to myself and i stay out of majority white areas around this city, state & country period.

I drive a nice car and i tell u white cops follow me for at least a mile unless i decide to stop for gas or some type of fast food place, but even then they will drive ahead and park and see what i do.

If i'm in the hood where i live the black cops don't say or do Sh!t but tell me to slow down.

i stay away from hollywood or beverly hills even tho i drive past there, i don't stop to shop or eat..

I'M BLACK A MAN WHICH IN AMERICA MEANS -- U ARE CONSIDERED TOP 3 MOST DANGEROUS SPECIES IN THE COUNTRY.

Exactly. I knew he was going to walk. So many of us expected it. And that is so telling.

none

it was hardly an open and shut case, in fact i hoped to avoid it completely because the race problems in america will never ever go away but i found myself reading the wikipedia and seeing the merits of both cases

so basically i got involved in something that will not end positively for anyone no matter what steps are taken

you had someone legitimately curious but unpredictable that had a gun, and then someone who probably tried to use intimidation to get his way

either way both parties automatically thought the worst of each other, and either way it was going to end badly

I don't know why I expected some type of justice. I guess that's the ignorance that comes with youth. Feel kinda heavy and empty at once. Could've been me or someone I know.

i expected him to be found not guilty. that's why i didn't get too emotionally invested in this case.

one thing that i took from this case is what non-black people really think of black people. i can kinda understand if you weren't 100% on trayvons side and have legit reasons why. but the way some non-black (i say non-black because it's not just white people. it's white, hispanic, asian, and middle-eastern) have responded and given their opinion in a sly-racist sort of way to the case and the verdict through real-life, social media, and internet forums have me looking a little :mjpls: at them now.

The question I was asking is what affect or emotions came up..some of yall might have said none, if so then that's ok. I think that this whole ordeal has to make you feel one way or another

I mean it's fukked up and all, dude definitely initiated the shyt and killed tray von, he stereotyped the fukk outta him, and he had a history of it. Race definitely was a factor.

But will all that said that stand your ground law is just a fukked up law, it's a few fukked up cases with that law. The justice system is just fukked up. I knew he was gonna get off.

But this ain't have no affect on me, honestly a nikka got more important problems then the trial.

I think your confusing affect with effect. I know I gotta go to work an pay bills still my life hasn't changed but the emotions evoked as a result of what has happened is what this thread is about

it will be alright, breh

it will be alright!
I'm holding my head up. I'm surprised that I feel some way about this. I mean I was mildly concerned. But as far as the pent up frustration and hurt that came from my body not directly after the verdict but a little later surprised me

The one positive thing that the verdict has had for me is expose how my non-white friends feel about blacks.

What's that feel like? Are you relieved? Hurt? Pissed?

I'm not trying to get my Montel Williams on but people think blacks don't have emotions or really feel shyt. We as a culture tend not to speak on emotions and feelings. Of course the easiest emotions to display are happy angry love and hate. They know we can smile and dance, and also create kids (not really love but..nonetheless) and they know we can react and respond to anger by being angry or subsequently violent.

Don't Talk, Don't Trust, Don't Feel--kinda what black life in america is about right? google that shyt and see what its really about, where it really derives from.

It's not a black thing it's more of a western culture thing. Anger is the outer shell of the true emotions of fear or hurt. Nobody wants to feel vulnerable. It's one of those cycles that fuels itself. Unresolved anger still evokes the feeling of anger. If we riot in the streets and smash and burn shyt its not cause we or people are violent. At times when people commit senseless crimes its not cause they are crazy or angry or just violent (although some are) its because they want to be heard. The issue that arises and I feel particularly applies to black culture is that we've been angry and frustrated for so long that at times when we finally get acknowledged or finally get the stop and the wait to really speak up or say 'this is what I've been trying to say/here's what's going on' that that anger cycle which is fueled by itself keeps going and we look crazy, incoherent, helpless, powerless, angry, etc. its like a child who throws a tantrum because they are being ignored, or a girlfriend who is being ignored and gets pissed and when you finally acknowledge them they stay in tantrum mode because they are so wound up...

True Blue Moon

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
VA. Living in the City of Angels
Drank some, smoked some and just came from the strip club, where I got the best lapdance of my life. From a sista. I know that's typical Saturday night debauchery, but I def need that shyt to take my mind off things and enjoyed every second of it. Glad I went out.

Quiet

Bro
Daps
Reppin
Montreal
As a young black man shouldnt i be able to shoot george zimmerman dead if i come across him if i so happen to be in florida as its already established he kills young blacks if they make him nervous and my fear is that i might be making him nervous and not know it yet. Stand your ground brothers.