Let’s be honest about friends

G.O.A.T Squad Spokesman

Logic Is Absent Wherever Hate Is Present
Daps
People grow apart. We communicate the most with people on our wavelengths.

You could have more in common with folk on a messageboard than you do with folk you came up with so you're more likely to chop it up with folk on the messageboard that are like minded.

Straw Hat Luffy

Veteran
Daps
OP HOW OLD IS U BRUH?

People grow apart. We communicate the most with people on our wavelengths.

You could have more in common with folk on a messageboard than you do with folk you came up with so you're more likely to chop it up with folk on the messageboard that are like minded.
And I would call those people on these boards my friend.

The people I grew up with is just that. Just people I grew up with. That doesn’t mean I’m not cool with them or we are in bad terms. Just mean we aren’t friends anymore.

Rev Leon Lonnie Love

damned mine eyes, DAMNED mine eyes!!
Daps
OP has a point, a little bit.

People need to learn to differentiate between friends and acquaintances. The word friend has been used too many times to refer to people who are just associates or acquaintances.

Im very strict with drawing the line. I have 2 friends who I have known since pre-teen years. We are grown now, live in seperate cities and dont talk frequently,

BUT those two cats have had my back forever,
they have never talked shyt or switch up on me regardless of the separate group of friends they made along the way.
We embrace each other's unique and different personalities.
We allow each other to be ourselves without judgement.
Most importantly, there is a level of respect amongst each other and level of care that I haven't experienced with other people outside of my family.

So I have no doubt those two are my friends for life and we have formed an eternal brotherhood, regardless of the fact that we can go months without talking since we are out here doing our thing.

:yeshrug:

G.O.A.T Squad Spokesman

Logic Is Absent Wherever Hate Is Present
Daps

The people I grew up with is just that. Just people I grew up with. That doesn’t mean I’m not cool with them or we are in bad terms. Just mean we aren’t friends anymore.
The word friend is subjective :manny:

Sccit

LA'S MOST BLUNTED
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LOS818ANGELES

U STILL HAVE A HIGH SCHOOL MENTALITY

WAIT TIL U HIT UR 30S N 40S

ULL SEE HOW RIDICULOUS UR TRAIN OF THOUGHT WAS

GhettoTeK

All Star
Daps
Reppin
bEast Coast
nope my folks are my friends thats it. Everyone else is just there
...maybe im too melodramatic what ever..i stuck my hand out for people "friends" they didn't utilize it so now idgaf about no body but my own :yeshrug:

RehReh

🖤GhettoEmpress🖤
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
UK
yo?! wtf? how did you escape and how did you find out?
My two cousins found out where I was after 48 hours and kicked down the man's door, not sure if yiu are aware but I mentioned before I was assaulted and tortured fir 48 hours in June.
The man was arrested and as for the others involved they told on themselves, each one blaming each other it was pathetic to see
I leave them to the universe to deal with

Prynce

Daps
I agree with OP. You have to maintain a relationship ...

If I don't hear from you in a year the feelings will be gone and We wont be as close

To be real friends imo we gotta interact regularly

Rev Leon Lonnie Love

damned mine eyes, DAMNED mine eyes!!
Daps
My two cousins found out where I was after 48 hours and kicked down the man's door, not sure if yiu are aware but I mentioned before I was assaulted and tortured fir 48 hours in June.
The man was arrested and as for the others involved they told on themselves, each one blaming each other it was pathetic to see
I leave them to the universe to deal with
damn, wishing you speedy recovery. I hope the torture and assualt did not involve anything sexual

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I agree lowkey...like if a year goes by and people dont care to see if I'm alive, what good is that friendship realtive to real ass friends? A person who doesn't hit you up at all is not about to help you move or hear you out if you need to talk. If you threw a birthday party do you think them once a year nikkas gonna show up?

You can't even call that shyt needy because there are real ass people out here who be looking out.

There's levels to the shyt

DapMeUp!

Superstar
Daps
Why have people started to change the timespan to a year? :heh:

OP said if you don't speak to someone within a month that's not your friend, which I find quite ridiculous, but he's entitled to his opinion on who he considers his friends on that basis I suppose :yeshrug:

RehReh

🖤GhettoEmpress🖤
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
UK
damn, wishing you speedy recovery. I hope the torture and assualt did not involve anything sexual
Yes I was drugged and sexually assaulted...