Let’s be honest about friends

Taadow

The StarchBishop™️
Daps
Reppin
Crispness
Fucc the bullchit, OP point is right.

Friendship, like any other “-ship”, requires maintenance.
A friend is somebody who checks in on you regularly and vice/versa.
Sure, what one considers to be “regularly” is relative, but c’mon.

Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, Alabama
My belief is if you don’t hangout or at least text/call someone within a 20-30 day time span then they’re not your friend.

Not tryna hear life gets busy. Everyone is in some type of group chat. Everyone got friends that sends them random memes or topic convos like Michael vs Lebron.

And just because you have known someone forever and were tight homies back in the day does not have more value than someone you’ve known for only a year or two if the latter is more present.

Long story short if you don’t hear for them after awhile they’re not your friends

When yo get older it get different. Prolly my second best homie got a wife and three kids, how much of them are you expecting to see? And i don't have kids, so we on two different movements. ain't like when we was 20 and could just rap all night, or go to a club.

TEH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Friends are exhausting ...

Recently it’s strictly family, colleagues and acquaintances.

People I used to call friends I don’t see at all anymore ... still have love for them though ...

shutterguy

Photographer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
Let's not forget the social media effect, that has replaced a lot of calling and sometimes texting. If you have friends on SM, and I'm sure you do, all they have to do is pop over on your page and see what you been up to. I have a homie I knew since 7th grade, we are both in our 40's now, he has a family, about 8yrs went by and we didn't talk (had a falling out). I hit him up on a holiday, did some catching up and now we chat a few times a week like old times. I have had peeps who I thought were friends but were users, deleted their contact info and haven't spoke since.