Let's be honest a static shock movie would level the playing field

Daps
I'm sure it doesn't matter to DC. If they get to use them, cool. If not, their whole TV universe (particularly Black Lightning and Legends of Tomorrow) has shown how quickly they can raise the profile of lesser known minority characters. Once they get their movies on track, they could very easily decide they're better off using characters like Vixen, Blue Beetle, or Steel than bothering with Milestone's headaches.

So static is not a more entertaining character than those 4 u mentioned ?

Daps
:yeshrug:

I mean, last I heard, Milestone wanted a go at producing movies and shows for these characters themselves. So they could still happen, just not under DC's umbrella.
These movies cost hundreds of m's to make. You better march your ass back to be and dc and put your pride at the door so you can make something bigger than yourself, your bank account, and your pride smh

This is hustling backwards

reigun

Superstar
Daps
So static is not a more entertaining character than those 4 u mentioned ?
Didn't say he wasn't. I like all these characters. But looking at it from WB/DC's perspective, if they're going to be investing millions of dollars into making films, it makes more sense to do it with characters that they own outright.

Daps
Didn't say he wasn't. I like all these characters. But looking at it from WB/DC's perspective, if they're going to be investing millions of dollars into making films, it makes more sense to do it with characters that they own outright.
Fair enough

hayesc0

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:yeshrug:

I mean, last I heard, Milestone wanted a go at producing movies and shows for these characters themselves. So they could still happen, just not under DC's umbrella.
It seems they would have to partner with a major studio or at least get a major to front the money.

hayesc0

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
That's Marvel magic. DC doesn't have it.
This is somewhat true but it's been a superhero craze for almost 20 years now other studios have made money with marvel properties also and the Nolan Batman movies where successful.

Daps
This is somewhat true but it's been a superhero craze for almost 20 years now other studios have made money with marvel properties also and the Nolan Batman movies where successful.
Naw but DC put waaaayyy too much focus on Batman and Superman

Emoryal

Superstar
Daps
Nah marvel has made good movies and people think the other movies will be just as good. Hence why we have movies like apocalypse, F4, BvS getting shyt on but still making money. Iron man 3 did better than IM 1 even though IM 1 is univerally liked. Basically Marvel is the engine that runs the "superhero" craze. I see what you're saying about DC trying to cash out in though but they don't care about milestone characters and know that marvel is #1 so they're trying to throw out their heavy hitters.

hayesc0

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Nah marvel has made good movies and people think the other movies will be just as good. Hence why we have movies like apocalypse, F4, BvS getting shyt on but still making money. Iron man 3 did better than IM 1 even though IM 1 is univerally liked. Basically Marvel is the engine that runs the "superhero" craze. I see what you're saying about DC trying to cash out in though but they don't care about milestone characters and know that marvel is #1 so they're trying to throw out their heavy hitters.
I'm so confused about this statement I literally said the same thing in the quote. I kinda feel you arguing with me just because.:russ::laff:

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
EnvisionS Virgil & Anansi meeting in the MotherLand for the first time on the big-screen:ohlawd:

...'BACK home WE need to know more about SuperHeroes like US':wow:

BLACKEXCELLENCE:blessed:

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
John Stewart the Black Green Lantern from justice league series was badass. They need to make a movie about him :feedme:

I liked static as a kid too so I wouldn't be mad at it :ehh:.