nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
DC already has Black Lightning

Hope his wife sells to Marvel

DC doesn’t know what to do with characters that aren’t the Big Seven
Especially ones that aren’t white

You mean Trinity you mean Big 2 1.5 (they'll probably throw WW back into the crapper). They have no clue.

But DC does have the rights. They did another Static comic like 3-4 years ago. It was trash, I dropped after 3 issues.

• Dap
Reactions: JKT

reigun

Superstar
Daps
You mean Trinity you mean Big 2 1.5 (they'll probably throw WW back into the crapper). They have no clue.

But DC does have the rights. They did another Static comic like 3-4 years ago. It was trash, I dropped after 3 issues.
No they don't. That's why all the Earth M stuff has been on hold for so long.

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na

Comic wise Green Lantern and The Flash are ok

Most all of DCs non white heroes comics suck

Didio said they aren’t doing legacy characters anymore
And think pushing out comics like the ones starring the Latino dude in the purple suit that will be cancelled after two issues is progress

hayesc0

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I feel like, in terms of young minority heroes, we're more likely to see Blue Beetle than Static. The rights issues alone would keep Static on hold.
Yeah if he wife is unwilling to sell to dc she fukking up no better time than now imo with so much demand for comic book movies and after the success of Black Panther.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Was Static that popular? Loved the show just didn't think anyone else did.

DC should push a live action Teen Titans.
I honestly don't think he was.

Maybe more so than others but idk...

Not as popular as Beetle, Falcon, Cyborg, Green Lantern, etc...

I don't see nobody mention him except on here

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
No they don't. That's why all the Earth M stuff has been on hold for so long.

They definitely have Static, unless it's changed. I have it. There was this big push in the media about it. I'm not sure about the rest of the characters though. But the Earth M characters could be on hold simply because they don't know what to do with them...a la DC being DC.

Just looked - So that was 2012...damn that long ago....as part of the New 52. And he's a Titan but not permanent member.

AND I just remembered that he's gonna be in the new Young Justice cartoon, if they ever release it.

reigun

Superstar
Daps
They definitely have Static, unless it's changed. I have it. There was this big push in the media about it. I'm not sure about the rest of the characters though. But the Earth M characters could be on hold simply because they don't know what to do with them...a la DC being DC.

Just looked - So that was 2012...damn that long ago....as part of the New 52. And he's a Titan but not permanent member.

AND I just remembered that he's gonna be in the new Young Justice cartoon, if they ever release it.
Nope. Every time they've used Static, he had to be licensed. Same with Icon and Rocket. Which was a much easier process, I imagine, before Milestone decided they wanted to make another go at being their own media company and, of course, the lawsuit.

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Like Marvel, the DCEU movies are all supposed to be interconnected in some way and lead up to something. They could make a Static Shock movie, but what's the point? None of his character arcs tie into any major DC events. DC would have been better off making a Teen Titans movie and capitalizing off of DC's rich legacy of sidekicks, something Marvel doesn't have. It makes zero sense why there wasn't a Teen Titans movie, nor does one appear to be planned either :snoop:
Naw I don't think WB are going that route. Looks like there are keeping like the comics where each title focuses on their own storyline but you might have some crossover here and there

Turk

Young, Gifted, and Black
Daps
Reppin
Southside
Naw I don't think WB are going that route. Looks like there are keeping like the comics where each title focuses on their own storyline but you might have some crossover here and there

How are they not...when every DCEU movie has been interconnected so far? :dwillhuh:

kn83

All Star
Daps
Anybody got ideas on who could play Static/Virgil Hawkins?

Daps
Yeah if he wife is unwilling to sell to dc she fukking up no better time than now imo with so much demand for comic book movies and after the success of Black Panther.
Some one needs to talk to her because if she keeps the name and legacy she makes zero money and just has the name. But if she's willing to comply with DC then she can make money off the royalties and she now has the leverage to pick a good percentage to skim off the top. I cant see how this is not a win win situation. By making milestone worldwide her family will have money for generations as long as the studios generate new content :beli:.

In her defense I could see how she does not want her husbands vision corrupted by DC, but :martin:why did she allow them to toy around with these characters for 20+ years