Let's be honest a static shock movie would level the playing field

hayesc0

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Some one needs to talk to her because if she keeps the name and legacy she makes zero money and just has the name. But if she's willing to comply with DC then she can make money off the royalties and she now has the leverage to pick a good percentage to skim off the top. I cant see how this is not a win win situation. By making milestone worldwide her family will have money for generations as long as the studios generate new content :beli:.

In her defense I could see how she does not want her husbands vision corrupted by DC, but :martin:why did she allow them to toy around with these characters for 20+ years
Yeah this is the time imo.

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah if he wife is unwilling to sell to dc she fukking up no better time than now imo with so much demand for comic book movies and after the success of Black Panther.
It isn't DC, if I'm not mistaken, but the other founding members of Milestone she is suing.

Daps
Anybody got ideas on who could play Static/Virgil Hawkins?
I could see that kid from everybody hates Chris playing it. Static has that guy from a different world kind of swagger . I don't know young black actors all that well.

John boyega :lolbron:. But he seems built for serious drama roles.

That kid who was in sleight :ohhh:

reigun

Superstar
Daps
Dc should throw em all a bag to shut up
I'm sure it doesn't matter to DC. If they get to use them, cool. If not, their whole TV universe (particularly Black Lightning and Legends of Tomorrow) has shown how quickly they can raise the profile of lesser known minority characters. Once they get their movies on track, they could very easily decide they're better off using characters like Vixen, Blue Beetle, or Steel than bothering with Milestone's headaches.

Daps
I'm sure it doesn't matter to DC. If they get to use them, cool. If not, their whole TV universe (particularly Black Lightning and Legends of Tomorrow) has shown how quickly they can raise the profile of lesser known minority characters. Once they get their movies on track, they could very easily decide they're better off using characters like Vixen, Blue Beetle, or Steel than bothering with Milestone's headaches.
:francis: