• Nintendo 64

Votes: 113 43.8%

• Total voters

Savior

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang
PS2 is the Goat to me...but if we're talking ps1 and n64 I got em about equal. PS1 had the better catalogue but the multiplayer experience of the 64 wasn't to be fukked it. No one was taking out the PS1 with a group of people it was Goldeneye, Smash Brothers, WCW etc. If you were gaming solo the PS 1 had it easy.

Q2EEzY

Pro
Daps
Owned both but those wcw/wwf games :blessed:.

Gotta go n64 even though ps1 had a greater catalog

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Sony really surprised me. I thought the Playstation was going to be another 3DO or Jaguar, and that Sega and Nintendo were going to always be the top two companies. So glad I changed my mind from getting a Saturn to the PS1 that christmas.

My thoughts of the 64 then
N64 had fuzzy graphics, odd controller, no FMV,and games were expensive.

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ps1 had Syphon Filter, Final Fantasy, WWF Attitude, Tekken 1,2,3, Twisted Metal, Bloody Roar...that was a GROWN MAN SYSTEM. :smugdraper:

:skip:
Don't get me wrong. I played the hell out of the Midway (I think) WWF game but Smackdown and then Smackdown 2 stayed in the Playstation till I got the PS2
WCW vs the World got A LOT of play too

Ze Pequeno

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Lost Angels
Sony really surprised me. I thought the Playstation was going to be another 3DO or Jaguar, and that Sega and Nintendo were going to always be the top two companies. So glad I changed my mind from getting a Saturn to the PS1 that christmas.

My thoughts of the 64 then
N64 had fuzzy graphics, odd controller, no FMV,and games were expensive.

let me guess, you were an only child?

Darts

Spittin' em
Daps
N64 Quality>>>>>>>>>>>>PS1 Quantity

Because of the incredible gameplay....u could literally get by on just a handful of games.

The Prince of All Saiyans

Formerly Jisoo Stan & @Twitter
Daps
Also...

Driver_PS1_EPIC_Crashes_Video_by_Aho41.jpg

once you got past the tutorial in that garage you felt like a boss :win:
Driver PSX "Test Mission" Music, the best one - YouTube

lord i hated that fukking tutorial

but i gotta go and say n64

metal gear though:whew:

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
lord i hated that fukking tutorial

but i gotta go and say n64

metal gear though:whew:
People picking the n64 are basically holding off based on nostalgia of about a handful of games.

The fact that this thread is even close is blasphemy. How can a console that had about 10 games that people keep recycling as their favorites beat out a console that has HUNDREDS and literally changed gaming forever?

Ed was right, I think N64 vs Dreamcast is a better debate...both are not in the same class as the PSone (or PS2 for that matter)

SmarkMero

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
[ame=http://youtu.be/0wRwXgHZ0YI]Time Crisis 1 - Stage 3 - Part 2 - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://youtu.be/qWm0U_20F0I]Rage Racer - Intro - PSX - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://youtu.be/PMZ872rsa90]Ridge Racer Type 4 intro ( Kouta Takahashi - Urban Fragments ) - YouTube[/ame]

PS1's in game music and feeling took a nikkas gaming experience to Japan and I ain't left yet. :wow:

90's gaming :wow:

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps
N64 had some great games, which were mostly from Nintendo, but I'll have to go with PS. The variety of PS was unparalleled.

Poy Poy, Suikoden I&II, Wild Arms, Final Fantasy Tactics, Xenogears, Final Fantasy 7, 8, and 9, Street Fighter Alpha 2 and 3, Mega Man X series, Dark Stalkers, Tekken 1, 2 and 3, Soul Blade, Legend of Dragoon, Lunar SS and EB, Breath of Fire series, Einhander, Alundra, Star Ocean, Resident Evil 1, 2 and 3... I can go on and on.

Nintendo was a bit better in the multiplayer department, especially 4 player games, but the PS had so many games, it's really no comparison in my mind.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
N64 had more classics

PS had more good games in general.

There's wasn't game on PS fukkingbwith GoldenEye though.

GoldenEye
Mario kart
Banjo kazooie
Starfox
Zelda
Perfect dark

..were ALL legit classics

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Iamnoone

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NY
People picking the n64 are basically holding off based on nostalgia of about a handful of games.

The fact that this thread is even close is blasphemy. How can a console that had about 10 games that people keep recycling as their favorites beat out a console that has HUNDREDS and literally changed gaming forever?

Ed was right, I think N64 vs Dreamcast is a better debate...both are not in the same class as the PSone (or PS2 for that matter)

Yea its too much to get folks to participate and give an objective opinion. Then you have people who didn't even own the system commenting. I had both, and I had a gang of friends and cousins, we played golden eye and mario kart, but dont pretend PS one didnt have fun multiplayer games also. And they did have a 4 player add on later in the life span, so there were about same amount of fun 4 player games on PS1 as N64

Wu-Tang: Taste the Pain
Micro Machines V3 / Micro Maniacs
Crash Team Racing
Fifa 98
Destruction Derby
Worms World Party
Devil Dice
Crash Bash
Twisted Metal 3 and 4
NBA Jam
WWF Smack Down 2