• Total voters

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
:mindblow:

what the fukk are you smoking breh?

on what planet did Psx have more classics.
yall throw that word around too easily, had more games? Yes
had good games? yes

Had more than 10 "classics"? fukk no

Crash Bandicoot 3:warped was a classic, the other two weren't

Spyro 3 was a classic, the other two weren't

playstation had random ass fun games but that don't make em gotdamn classics.

Medievel is not a classic

And you nikkas sit there and call Pokemon stadium classic, it's not.

Mario kart is not a classic, it's not even better than the first Mario kart, it's not even better than diddly kong racing.

Conkers bad fur day was not classic.

Yes psx had more than ten classics

Final fantasy 7
Metal gear
Castlevania
Resident evil series
Syphon filter
Silent hill
Grand turismo
Tomb raider 2
Street fighter alpha 3
Tekken
Vagrant story
Tenchu
Legend of dragoon
Grandia
Twisted metal
Crono cross.

That's 15 classics that I had at the time.

I didn't name anything I didn't play for more than a couple hours

I didn't name the ones you listed cause i didnt play them, but if we add those then that's 17 classics

You can't be serious breh

Edit: my bad I listed 16 classics lol, fact is I owned all theses games and they were all classics. What ten n64 classics did you own?

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Going with my opinion, this was the the last victory for Nintendo, but it was the Rocky III ending where it just barely made it to its feet before the 10 count.

Sony backed away down the aisle and behind the curtain like :ufdup: cuz it was coming for everyone's bytches with the PS2.

Except for the fact that psx sold more than twice the amount of systems and games

But I do see your point. That was the last time Nintendo came out swinging, but breh, it came down to the score cards and Sony had the better score

Swiggy

The King of Comedy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit, MI
Except for the fact that psx sold more than twice the amount of systems and games

But I do see your point. That was the last time Nintendo came out swinging, but breh, it came down to the score cards and Sony had the better score

What I factored into it was also the reliability of the hardware. I wasn't banking a muhfukkin coin at all at the time, so I couldn't replace the busted PSX I had. shyt was ridiculous to get it running at times.

I had to put it upside down at one point to get it going :mindblown:

Eventually, there was a stretch where I couldn't play ANY of my games until the PS2 came out. My N64 - like all Nintendo consoles - stayed working without issue. Plus, it was easy as hell to pack up and take to nikkas' houses, without feeling like you was gonna break the gotdamn thing in your backpack.

I know WHY PSX is favored by most. The first two RE games, my personal GOAT FF7, sports games coming to a new life, and countless piff. I just felt my N64 was superior at the time.

Again, just me :yeshrug:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
outside of Mario 64, Zelda OoT, and Glodeneye / Perfect Dark i don't remember much of note from the N64 era.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
outside of Mario 64, Zelda OoT, and Glodeneye / Perfect Dark i don't remember much of note from the N64 era.
Most who played games before that console don't

It was almost as forgettable as the GameCube.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
What I factored into it was also the reliability of the hardware. I wasn't banking a muhfukkin coin at all at the time, so I couldn't replace the busted PSX I had. shyt was ridiculous to get it running at times.

I had to put it upside down at one point to get it going :mindblown:

Eventually, there was a stretch where I couldn't play ANY of my games until the PS2 came out. My N64 - like all Nintendo consoles - stayed working without issue. Plus, it was easy as hell to pack up and take to nikkas' houses, without feeling like you was gonna break the gotdamn thing in your backpack.

I know WHY PSX is favored by most. The first two RE games, my personal GOAT FF7, sports games coming to a new life, and countless piff. I just felt my N64 was superior at the time.

Again, just me :yeshrug:

Yeah you right, my mom wouldn't let me touch her psx at the time:russ:

She was like
"nikka you better turn that 64 on" :bryan:

DatUzumaki

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
There's nothing surpassing the importance of ff7 and mgs and the resi games on psx.

Without them presentation in games would still be laughable!!

N64 clearly has its classics, but I need something more adult than mario and zelda

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
It's funny as shyt when people list the ten good n64 games and call them classics:heh:
or "true classics" :wtf:

These guys are coming up with brand new terms to give a prettier look to that console which left people hungry for MONTHS.

I am pretty sure that at one point my N64 had WCW/nWo Revenge in there for a damn YEAR straight.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
The SNES beats them both :manny:

Between these two however, I'll have to go with the PSX.

Final Fantasy 7 and 9, Metal Gear Solid, Symphony of the Night, Marvel vs. Capcom, Ape Escape, Spyro the Dragon 1-3, the Crash Bandicoot games, Twisted Metal, Tomb Raider 1 and 2, Mega Man Legends 1 and 2, Tekken 3, Tomba, Darkstalkers, Pac-Man World, Mega Man X 4 and 5, the Resident Evil games... so many great times were had with that system, and to be honest that's not even counting legit games I missed out on, like Silent Hill, Gran Turismo, and Alpha 3

The N64 had a little heat too, but that's where Nintendo started falling off, IMO. It started the trend of Nintendo consoles only getting 12 good games on them. The controller was :flabbynsick:, certain genres had few/no good games for it, and it had virtually NO third party support. Square, Konami, and Capcom were spitting their hottest fire on the PSX.

The N64 was good for a certain type of game, or if you were looking for a party game to play with your friends. When it came to other genres, it didn't really hold up.
If you liked 2D platformers, traditional fighters, and especially RPG's, you were better off with the PSX. (In terms of RPGs, the N64 had Paper Mario and that was pretty much it. That was a huge step from its GOAT predecessor which had games like Chrono Trigger, Earthbound, FF6, Secret of Mana, Super Mario RPG, and Lufia 2 on it)

Also, developers were still learning the ropes of making 3D games, so some of those games today are definitely showing their age. Even the Gamecube was a little bit better then the N64 in some ways-- It wasn't seeing the PS2 but Metroid Prime, Resident Evil 4, Melee, F-Zero GX, and Tales of Symphonia are still fire. Paper Mario 2, the Wind Waker, and Viewtiful Joe are also solid games.

SNES Mario Kart > N64 Mario Kart :mjpls:

Ze Pequeno

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Lost Angels
And you nikkas sit there and call Pokemon stadium classic, it's not.

Mario kart is not a classic, it's not even better than the first Mario kart, it's not even better than diddly kong racing.

Conkers bad fur day was not classic.

Yes psx had more than ten classics

Final fantasy 7
Metal gear
Castlevania
Resident evil series
Syphon filter
Silent hill
Grand turismo
Tomb raider 2
Street fighter alpha 3
Tekken
Vagrant story
Tenchu
Legend of dragoon
Grandia
Twisted metal
Crono cross

That's 15 classics that I had at the time.

I didn't name anything I didn't play for more than a couple hours

I didn't name the ones you listed cause i didnt play them, but if we add those then that's 17 classics

You can't be serious breh

Edit: my bad I listed 16 classics lol, fact is I owned all theses games and they were all classics. What ten n64 classics did you own?

Damn I wrote a long ass paragraph and my shyt got erased :snoop:

Your first statement made every other statement invalid.
Breh Mario kart 64 is the sole reason people even played Crash team racing

the games that I bolded, you know damn well nobody played that shyt.
Just because they're personal classics to you doesn't mean anybody else played that shyt.
I had legend of dragon on those black demo discs, that shyt was basura

And at one time or another I had:

Zelda: Ocarina of time
Zelda: Majoras Mask
Mario 64
Mario Kart 64
Super Smash Bros 64
GoldenEye
Diddy Kong
Banjo Kazooie
Mario Party
Pokemon stadium

10 undenieable classics

Trip

slippery slope
Daps
Reppin
FL
N64's great games were undeniably amazing....but there werent many.

Playstation had all of the good sports games too.

As far as systems go...the original Nintendo and the SNES had more quality games than the N64. Even though I think Mario 64 is the goat game....Mario 3 is close though.