• Total voters

Iamnoone

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NY
N64 had more classics

PS had more good games in general.

There's wasn't game on PS fukkingbwith GoldenEye though.

GoldenEye
Mario kart
Banjo kazooie
Starfox
Zelda
Perfect dark

..were ALL legit classics

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

:comeon:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
While Goldeneye, Zelda OOT, Mario, and Super Mario Kart were great, the volume of great PS1 titles made it better.

OG Nes > N64 as well.

Dreamcast vs N64 would definitely have been a better poll

Ze Pequeno

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Lost Angels
N64 had some great games, which were mostly from Nintendo, but I'll have to go with PS. The variety of PS was unparalleled.

Poy Poy, Suikoden I&II, Wild Arms, Final Fantasy Tactics, Xenogears, Final Fantasy 7, 8, and 9, Street Fighter Alpha 2 and 3, Mega Man X series, Dark Stalkers, Tekken 1, 2 and 3, Soul Blade, Legend of Dragoon, Lunar SS and EB, Breath of Fire series, Einhander, Alundra, Star Ocean, Resident Evil 1, 2 and 3... I can go on and on.

Nintendo was a bit better in the multiplayer department, especially 4 player games, but the PS had so many games, it's really no comparison in my mind.

Yoooo my nikka stop what you know about Poy Poy :gladbron:

I thought me and my homies were the only ones to ever play that shyt.
nobody even remembers it.
I accidentally got my hands on it when I bought another used game and poy poy was In the case. my pops burned the cd for all my boys. that shyt was crack.

I don't know brehs im kinda on the fence since I made this thread :skip:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just because y'all throw around the word classic so easily doesn't mean psone had more classics than n64.

Like I said..psone had more good games but n64 had more TRUE classics imo

For example...for every 30 psone games...there was maybe 1 or two classics in there.......while let's say n64 dropped 10 games and 2 of them shyts were game changers/excellent gameplay/graphics etc. Psone had way more variety and volume but I'm not sure I can put any psone game over goldeneyeand zelda in overall fun factor/gameplay/value. I mean in goldeneye the single player was excellent...multiplayer was excellent ...graphics and animation at the time were on another level...game was just amazing.

Games like Mario kart...the fun factor of that game was legendary lol.

Banjo kazooie and mario64 were at the top of the 3d platformer fronts.

I don't need to even talk about zelda

I'm talking about true game changers or games that brought something new to the table and had a fun factor that was unmatched in its genre when it dropped. Very few games fit this category IMO

Golden eye
Twisted metal
Metal gear
Mariokart
Syphon filter
Zelda
Resident evil 1 and 2
Starfox
Mario 64
Banjo kazooie
Final fantasy (the first 3 disc joint)

These are the games that really stuck out for me in that generation...those are the ones I can name off top at any point in time...if I can't remember off top chances are it wasn't a true classic lol.

King Sun

Big Boss
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Just because y'all throw around the word classic so easily doesn't mean psone had more classics than n64.

For example...for every 30 psone games...there was maybe 1 or two classics in there.......while let's say n64 dropped 10 games and 2 of them shyts were game changers/excellent gameplay/graphics etc. Psone had way more variety and volume but I'm not sure I can put any psone game over goldeneyeand zelda in overall fun factor/gameplay/value. I mean in goldeneye the single player was excellent...multiplayer was excellent ...graphics and animation at the time were on another level...game was just amazing.

I'm talking about true game changers or games that brought something new to the table and had a fun factor that was unmatched in its genre when it dropped. Very few games fit this category IMO

Golden eye
Twisted metal
Metal gear
Mariokart
Syphon filter
Zelda
Resident evil 1 and 2
Starfox
Mario 64
Banjo kazooie

These are the games that really stuck out for me in that generation...those are the ones I can name off top at any point in time...if I can't remember off top chances are it wasn't a true classic lol.

:wtf:

Ze Pequeno

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Lost Angels

Golden eye
Twisted metal
Metal gear
Mariokart
Syphon filter
Zelda
Resident evil 1 and 2
Starfox
Mario 64
Banjo kazooie

Realest post in the thread. I'm almost contradicted myself when that nikka mentioned poy poy.

Quality>>>>>>Quantity

There is a reason nikkas play N64 emulators all day and the wii store sells out old games and barely anybody plays playstation emulators.

and if you do you know damn well you play Crash Bandicoot for 20 mins then turn that shyt off.
Most playstation games aged horribly :smugfavre:

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI

Golden eye
Twisted metal
Metal gear
Mariokart
Syphon filter
Zelda
Resident evil 1 and 2
Starfox
Mario 64
Banjo kazooie

Oh so what your saying is that a game can't be classic unless you personally remember it being classic? And this is fact and not opinion?:ohhh:

You left off duke nukem zero hour and castlevania: sotn as classics btw

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Realest post in the thread. I'm almost contradicted myself when that nikka mentioned poy poy.

Quality>>>>>>Quantity

There is a reason nikkas play N64 emulators all day and the wii store sells out old games and barely anybody plays playstation emulators.

and if you do you know damn well you play Crash Bandicoot for 20 mins then turn that shyt off.
Most playstation games aged horribly :smugfavre:

Wrong, psx had more classics than n64.

N64 had 3 games that were better than most shyt on psx, Mario Zelda, and goldeneye, every other n64 "classics" can be compared with a psx classic.

Hell, other than those three games, you could probly name three psx classics to every one n64 classic

Ze Pequeno

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Lost Angels
Wrong, psx had more classics than n64.

N64 had 3 games that were better than most shyt on psx, Mario Zelda, and goldeneye, every other n64 "classics" can be compared with a psx classic.

Hell, other than those three games, you could probly name three psx classics to every one n64 classic

:mindblow:

what the fukk are you smoking breh?

on what planet did Psx have more classics.
yall throw that word around too easily, had more games? Yes
had good games? yes

Had more than 10 "classics"? fukk no

Crash Bandicoot 3:warped was a classic, the other two weren't

Spyro 3 was a classic, the other two weren't

playstation had random ass fun games but that don't make em gotdamn classics.

Medievel is not a classic

Swiggy

The King of Comedy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit, MI
Going with my opinion, this was the the last victory for Nintendo, but it was the Rocky III ending where it just barely made it to its feet before the 10 count.

Sony backed away down the aisle and behind the curtain like :ufdup: cuz it was coming for everyone's bytches with the PS2.

TooLazyToMakeUp1

LWO suicide bomber
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Out here in my damn drawls
conkers_bad_fur_day_n64_box.jpg

My top 10 in All Time :yeshrug:

Dat Matrix level

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VJTJ5WH-2M"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VJTJ5WH-2M[/ame]

:russ: :heh: :bryan:

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
N64 had more classics

PS had more good games in general.

There's wasn't game on PS fukkingbwith GoldenEye though.

GoldenEye
Mario kart
Banjo kazooie
Starfox
Zelda
Perfect dark

..were ALL legit classics

Yeah I don't know about all that :patrice:

Iamnoone

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NY
Every time I see a list classics for N64 its always just something Mario related, Mario 64, Smashbros, and Mario Kart. thats it! Then you throw in the Classic Golden Eye.

Lets all agree on the definition of "Classic" right now WHAT IS THE DEFINITION OF A CLASSIC GAME