Let's actually have a hip-hop conversation for once... Does anybody else have "IWW > Illmatic"?

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Wtf are you talking about??
Like I said before. I respect cats like Art and Big Mel but they mad biased when it comes to this album cause of their love for Illmatic and expectations from Nas. Mel even tried to criticize shyt like Shootouts and Live nikka Rap cause they have a Mobb Deep feel. Called them leftover Mobb tracks while in actuality if those songs were on Mobb Deep's album he would call them classic. It was a problem to feature them on the album but not a problem for them to feature him on theirs. Criticized Street Dreams cause Pac used the sample first. While there's a million classic hip hop songs in the 90s that use the same sample. Just overall trivial criticisms fueled by hate.

BBQ Bandit

Rolling up a chunky zig zag
Daps
Reppin
Atown Pa 610
Illmatic is a masterpiece. With that being said, I always felt I am >>>>IWW. Just my opinion :manny:

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
Illmatic is the perfect hip-hop album. On a 1-5 rating scale, it's a 5 of the highest order. IWW was a very good album, but not a classic. Probably a 4.5.

I was about 16 when IWW dropped. Teenagers and kids loved it. But yeah, but a lot of older heads in their 20's at the time were pretty lukewarm to it.

Kitsune

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

This is the last real Nas song in my eyes, before his style was switched over for something far less appealing

. It was the first album cut for his orginal sophomore album before he decided to sell out and scrap it for what was to become IWW.

Can you imagine an Illmatic with darker production and atmosphere. We wouldve had that if Nas didnt become a fame chasing sell out. :ohlawd:

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..

This is the last real Nas song in my eyes, before his style was switched over for something far less appealing

. It was the first album cut for his orginal sophomore album before he decided to sell out and scrap it for what was to become IWW.

Can you imagine an Illmatic with darker production and atmosphere. We wouldve had that if Nas didnt become a fame chasing sell out. :ohlawd:

If things went YOUR way we wouldn't be talkin bout Nas 21 years later unless it's on some hindsight shyt. He also wouldn't be getting medals from Harvard and doing well for himself and others. Ready To Die better not be in ur rotation.

Kitsune

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If things went YOUR way we wouldn't be talkin bout Nas 21 years later unless it's on some hindsight shyt. He also wouldn't be getting medals from Harvard and doing well for himself and others. Ready To Die better not be in ur rotation.

Im talking about the music, your talking about fame and medallions. Thats nothing except something to feed his own ego, I could careless about that.

Kitsune

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
while were at it, this might as well bethe last Jay track before he became his own brand of a sell out.

Fortunaltey for him it worked, he has fame, money, and a trash discography. While Nas just has a trash discography

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
ROFL

My dawg...you can't be serious. You CAN'T.
NY State of Mind
Life's A Bytch
The World is Yours
Halftime
Memory Lane
One Love
Represent
One Time 4 Your Mind
It Ain't Hard To Tell
The Message
Street Dreams
Street Dreams Remix