Let the Dead Rest While They Still Can : The Walking Dead Season Four Thread

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Hey I didn't say sh1t about him being the leader because he obviously had some screws loose, but more deaths can be attributed to Rick's poor leadership than when Shane was in charge.

I blame Rick for not clipping the Governor when he had the opportunity in Woodbury. Say what you want about Shane but Rick needed him for backup. After Shane was gone he was the only leader the crew had.

shane was in charge for like 2 weeks, ricks been in charge for 2 yrs. :skip:

as for how rick handled the gov on the show, hey i agree. it made rick look incompetent compared to how it went down in the comics.

Microfracture

Real G's move in silence
Daps
Reppin
Knees
shane was in charge for like 2 weeks, ricks been in charge for 2 yrs. :skip:

as for how rick handled the gov on the show, hey i agree. it made rick look incompetent compared to how it went down in the comics.

When Rick first came back, Shane was still in charge. Remember he beat the sh1t out of Carol's husband. After that it started to become a Sheriff and deputy friendship type leadership. Then slowly it turned into Shane simping Skeletor and going crazy/the rest of the group blackballing Shane (for good reason). So yeah Rick's been leading longer, but Shane was more effective in his time.

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
When Rick first came back, Shane was still in charge. Remember he beat the sh1t out of Carol's husband. After that it started to become a Sheriff and deputy friendship type leadership. Then slowly it turned into Shane simping Skeletor and going crazy/the rest of the group blackballing Shane (for good reason). So yeah Rick's been leading longer, but Shane was more effective in his time.

- zombie apocalypse starts

- rick in coma for 2 weeks

- rick find glenns group in downtown atl day after waking up from coma

- rick finds shanes group same day

- shane beats carols husband day after

- kerl gets shot 1 day later

i mean, bruh, shane just wasn't in charge that long. you wanna push it for another week or so? hell, i'll round it off and say shane was in charge for a month. ricks still been running shyt for 2 yrs, i doubt shane would be able to handle that. i think he would've died pretty quick anyway but i know dude would have abandoned everyone during the flu outbreak.

Ghostface Trillah

God-level poster
Daps
Reppin
Mt. Olympus
Y'all bring up Shane "simping" Lori like they weren't living as man and wife when there was no rick. By that logic rick was simping too. Thats like daying your step pops cant really care about your mom .They both shared her. Shane just knew rick would eventually get her killed

Microfracture

Real G's move in silence
Daps
Reppin
Knees
- zombie apocalypse starts

- rick in coma for 2 weeks

- rick find glenns group in downtown atl day after waking up from coma

- rick finds shanes group same day

- shane beats carols husband day after

- kerl gets shot 1 day later

i mean, bruh, shane just wasn't in charge that long. you wanna push it for another week or so? hell, i'll round it off and say shane was in charge for a month. ricks still been running shyt for 2 yrs, i doubt shane would be able to handle that. i think he would've died pretty quick anyway but i know dude would have abandoned everyone during the flu outbreak.

Cawrhgle got shot only a day after? I don't know about these timelines except for the clear season changes after the farm.

All I'm saying is, Shane's headstrong approach worked better in the short term than the Ricktatorship did in the long term. And Lori must have immaculate box to have Shane stuck after 2 weeks. He didn't want his best friend to come back at all :lolbron:

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Y'all bring up Shane "simping" Lori like they weren't living as man and wife when there was no rick. By that logic rick was simping too. Thats like daying your step pops cant really care about your mom .They both shared her. Shane just knew rick would eventually get her killed
but they weren't living as man and wife, they were sneaking off in the woods fukking -- trying to hide it from the group and carl

and come on, it's simping. you steal your friends wife and try to father his children. he comes back, and you cant let go? shane coulda had andrea, but he wanna try to rape lori instead? :beli:

Abstract83

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
breh i got savage rick all day but everybody in that group besides fodder was gonna follow shane.... he wasnt cool wit otis & was like "this the fat dude that shot quarell", the toughness wasnt fake, he was seein the world like it is... he was the only other capable leader on the show so of course hes the only one to compare to rick.... his only weakness was his blatant simpery, other than that he was cool... dude shoulda kept andrea, who was way hotter & bout that life than lori soft ass ever could be... dont be a simp in the apocalypse....

its a reason the best & strongest rick is the one that acts like shane... savage rick & ricktatorship ftw.....:blessed:
Rick is more aggresive now but he always had a conscience people trust and respect him. Shane is a simping selfish lunatic who was militant with no plan. And Andrea was a idiot playing house with the governor. They belong together but not in Ricks group.

AllHolosEve

Her Name Is Mistress Death
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SouthSide, MPLS
@Abstract83 shane was simpin, nobody disputes that... people respect & trust his militant streak & ricks the one who never had a viable plan, even since shane died hes had no plan, still doesnt....

i own season two breh, when shyt got real wit randal whod most people side with??? not rick, not even lori & glenn sided wit rick, only dale soft ass sided wit rick, herschel didnt even side wit rick...

when it was time to clear the barn, everybody was wit shane, not rick....

actin like people trusted & respected rick & not shane is a lie, they spent how much time emphasizin how the group didnt trust or respect ricks leadership??? half the group wanted to leave rick after season two but got talked out of it....

Abstract83

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
@Abstract83 shane was simpin, nobody disputes that... people respect & trust his militant streak & ricks the one who never had a viable plan, even since shane died hes had no plan, still doesnt....

i own season two breh, when shyt got real wit randal whod most people side with??? not rick, not even lori & glenn sided wit rick, only dale soft ass sided wit rick, herschel didnt even side wit rick...

actin like people trusted & respected rick & not shane is a lie, they spent how much time emphasizin how the group didnt trust or respect ricks leadership??? half the group wanted to leave rick after season two but got talked out of it....
Rick had his time when he had to understand that things were different. Took him a little longer to adapt to that world. I'm judging Rick through out the show. I'm not saying he was a saint that knew everything. He had his flaws like anyone else. And it took him and his group to help him get thru that. Shane on the other hand turned out to be a loose cannon that u can't trust. Shane did what was best for the group as long as it got him brownie points from lori. I'll admit if he wasn't crazy he could've been extremely helpful but he let his jealousy get the best of him. I couldn't trust somebody that had hidden motives. Someone who is a back stabber that tried to kill me during a zombie apocalypse. I gotta watch out for this tricky dude and them now. Shane had survival militant and unapologetic tactics but dude couldn't control his emotions when it came to having his way. That same group was afraid of him at one point. And thought he was questionable. Lol I saw the season too homie. I wouldn't have got this far if I didn't. Shane with all that anger was crazy as shyt.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You

And when Carol's little zombified brat came shambling out of the barn who had to step up and put one in her dome? Not Shane who reacted just as pussified as the rest of them but Rick.
And during Shane's 2-3 weeks as leader(a term I use loosely because the only people truly following him were Lori and Carl) his biggest decision was camping out in the woods. He never had to make any difficult leadership decisions. They weren't even on pace to leave the woods till after they got overrun by walkers. His goofy ass was seemingly content to live on the outskirts of ATL sneaking off every once and a while to bang Skeletor.
Shane was a short-term asset who turned into a long-term problem...let his attempted rapist ass rest in peace and stop acting like he was something that he wasn't with all this misplaced hero worship.

Ritzy Sharon

Don't Make Me Pull The Oud Out
Daps
I have more respect for man who tried to stay faithful to his moral compass over some deranged home wrecker who was obsessed with protecting a family that wasn't his responsibility.

Shane wasn't just a simp, he was mentally unstable. and when those two started to feed into each other, he became more of a liability than an asset.

JoogJoint

In my own league.
Daps
Reppin
Outer Space
which men breh??? this chick dont wanna look for her brother, abandon findin anyone else in the group, then try to convince bob to give up & stay in an abandoned buildin.... :whoa: she nowhere near as useless as babysitter tyrese but if michonne can only save two people sasha aint one... she need daryl & savage rick...

If you haven't noticed she was concentrating on finding shelter and the rest of the group. To be fair, just about everybody thought each other was already dead.:yeshrug:

Tyrese didn't even ask about his sister and the only thing he could talk about was a chick he wasn't even any from.:beli:

JoogJoint

In my own league.
Daps
Reppin
Outer Space
i dont know if you've read the comics or not but a reoccuring theme is

rick internalizes his enemies, they become a part of him :ahh: we still haven't gotten to the point where rick starts lying and manipulating his group

I'm not ready for Rick to go the :demonic: yet. I hope they don't put that characteristic in the show. I like the good hearted Rick with the savage side. I don't want him to be completely bad. :whoa:

Ghostface Trillah

God-level poster
Daps
Reppin
Mt. Olympus
but they weren't living as man and wife, they were sneaking off in the woods fukking -- trying to hide it from the group and carl

and come on, it's simping. you steal your friends wife and try to father his children. he comes back, and you cant let go? shane coulda had andrea, but he wanna try to rape lori instead? :beli:

Not man and wife but it was pretty much a common law marriage. Why wouldn't he have feelings for her? Why wouldn't he be upset when her first husband came back from the dead into a world gone mad and was too naive to understand what he needed to become. Shane knew that rick would end up with a gun to his head on his knees while some dudes tried to rape his woman and coral.