Let the Dead Rest While They Still Can : The Walking Dead Season Four Thread

Mr210

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How many more seasons do you see this show going, i really enjoy this show, but I cant see it going past a season 8, but hey you never know

DCMC

Riding Dirty On 85
Daps
Reppin
SC/GA
7upo0.jpg

AITheAnswerAI

Ethereous one
Supporter
Daps
Those commercials were ridiculous. At one point I was timing it, and there was 5 min of commercials, then 3-4 min of show then another 5 min of commercials, then the end of the episode.:why:

Jimmy ValenTime

A really good Lawyer
Daps
Reppin
The Bronx
Robert Kirkman on why you need to 'stay tuned for season 5'

By Dalton Ross on Mar 31, 2014 at 12:00PM
twitter-bird-16x16.png
@DaltonRoss
walking-dead-04.jpg

Image Credit: Gene Page/AMC

[SPOILER ALERT: Read on only if you have already watched the season finale of The Walking Dead.]

Related
The Walking Dead: See Full Coverage
'The Walking Dead': Andrew Lincoln promises 'we will rain hell upon these Termites!'
'The Walking Dead': Showrunner Scott Gimple on that 'massive cliffhanger'

The Walking Dead took its first trip to Cliffhanger City with its season 4 finale, leaving Rick Grimes and most of the group reunited in the worst of all places — locked in a train car by the baddies of Terminus. But there is hope because at least the group has Rick back at his badass best. The finale used a flashback framework to show Rick’s transformation from a leader into a farmer after the fall of Woodbury, at the urging of Scott Wilson’s Hershel. That was juxtaposed against the things Rick had to do now to keep his family and friends safe — things like biting one marauder’s neck off and gutting another. Translation: the old Rick is finally back. And it is the Rick the group will need if they are to survive this encounter with their latest foes. We caught up with Walking Dead creator Robert Kirkman to get his thoughts on the finale, the evolution of Rick Grimes, and the fact that nobody major died, as well as get some insight into Terminus leader Gareth (that dude in the photo above) and what will happen when things pick back up in season 5. (Click through both pages to read the entire interview. Also make sure to read our finale interviews with showrunner Scott M. Gimple and star Andrew Lincoln.)

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: Why are you doing this, Robert? Making the poor fans suffer for 6 months worrying about these guys stuck in a train car? How dare you, sir?
ROBERT KIRKMAN: [Laughs] If we could do the show year round and produce an episode every week, we totally would, but every now and then you gotta stop and make the show great and stuff.

GET MORE EW: Subscribe to the magazine for only 33¢ an issue!

EW: It’s your first real cliffhanger and a different finale for you guys in that sense.
KIRKMAN: Yeah, well, it all came naturally from the story. We knew that Terminus was going to be a great place to leave things. We kind of wanted to leave this season with a little more punch than we’ve left it in past years. I think the no cliffhanger thing has worked for us so far but I personally as a viewer have always been a big fan of season-ender cliffhangers and I enjoy that anticipation when that last minute rolls by and you’re going “WHAT THE HECK? OH, COME ON!” Like, that’s something that I thoroughly enjoy and I think Scott Gimple is into it too. So we’re very excited about the idea of ending this season on a cliffhanger and hopefully the viewers will like it too and it will make it that much harder to wait for season 5 and will make the anticipation that much higher.

EW: With all those flashbacks this episode really felt like the evolution of Rick Grimes back into a do-whatever-it-takes leadership position, which ultimately I guess is the arc of the whole season, right?
KIRKMAN: I’m really proud of what Scott Gimple, our showrunner, was able to do with this season and the way that it kind of does dovetail back into itself and by the end of the finale you kind of see how there was this grand plan from day 1 of the beginning of season 4 and everything does kind of interconnect and drive this forward into this Rick Grimes story which is an exploration into who this guy is and how he is uniquely suited to be the leader in this new form of civilization and how he is evolving into the guy that is going to be able to keep people safe and keep people alive and how he is finally accepting that role.

EW: What about that breaking point scene for Rick where he bites off Joe’s neck and then guts that other dude who had Carl pinned down?
KIRKMAN: In that scene Rick realizes he is a guy who will do absolutely anything to survive. There has been all of this discussion about retaining your humanity and not losing who it is that you are. We started this season with Rick putting his gun away and trying to live a peaceful life and trying to be there for his son in a way that he hadn’t been in the seasons previous and to try to show his son how to live and be a human being. And in this episode he kind of has to become a monster, otherwise something terrible is going to happen to Carl, possibly all of them are going to die. It’s him being pushed to his breaking point and him realizing no, this is the world we’re in and I have to be in this world so now I’m going to do whatever I have to do. And in a sense he almost becomes a walker when he’s biting that guy’s neck out and savagely murdering this other guy. He really loses his humanity in a very big way. Which is something we’ll be exploring moving forward.

EW: Even though the season ends with the group in this terrible situation, in a weird way it’s almost an upbeat note with that proclamation by Rick of “They’re screwing with the wrong people.”
KIRKMAN: Rick Grimes’ evolution has come at the exact right point. This is the Rick Grimes that they need in that train car. And this is the Rick Grimes that the people of Terminus should not have encountered. It is the exact wrong time for them to encounter this guy. So it is supposed to be a somewhat uplifting kind of cliffhanger because you should get a sense that this guy is now ready for anything. He can handle absolutely whatever the word is going to throw at him and that is something we’re going to be exploring in season 5.

EW: When you guys mapped out season 4 and especially the back half of the season, were you worried about having Rick MIA so much since he really is the face of the franchise?
KIRKMAN: Well, you know, being apart makes the heart grow fonder and all that stuff. That was all by design. We knew this was going to be a very Rick centric end of the season and we really wanted to come back with Rick Grimes in a big way in this last episode and it was kind of important to the overall arc of the show to build up some of these other side characters and bring them to the forefront and help us get to know them a little bit more and also keep Rick in our back pocket so that the last episode seemed a little bit more unexpected than it would have otherwise.

Posting the Season four stuff here the other page in the next season thread.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

THE FLASHBACKS WERE PERFECT.
HERSCHEL WAS THE REASON THEY GOT COMFTY AND DROPPED THEIR GUARDS...
THEN HE PAID FOR IT WITH HIS LIFE.
DID nikkaS FORGET LAST SEASONS FINALE?
A WAR THAT DIDNT HAPPEN,
THEN MOVING ALL THOSE PPL IN...
TALK ABOUT ANTI-CLIMATIC.

THIS FINALE shytTED ALL OVER THAT
AND SET UP THE NEXT SEASON IN SUSPENSE.

:devil:
:evil:
Sorry but they could have tied in the flashbacks throughout the 8 episodes that they had after the shyt that went down with the Governor at the prison. I get why they were shown, but when you have a season finale and you're cramming in flashbacks that could have been shown in previous episodes... it's not a good look. Especially with the shytty ass ending of these nikkas being trapped in a fukking train car, and the show being on a hiatus for 7 months.

:camby:

I thought the season was better than the previous 2 though, and the writing and character development has been much better, but I wasn't feeling how they capped it off last night.

I'm very curious to see how they'll get out of this situation alive though, because from the looks of things, these cats at Termilus have been doing what they've been doing for a while and have shooters on deck. They have a solid system in place, they have the outsiders trapped in a train car, if the writers can come up with some believable way for them escaping from all of that, I'll be shocked.

tr2k

All Star
Daps
I think they pump faked us again. The cannibals might just be in DC.

JoogJoint

In my own league.
Daps
Reppin
Outer Space
Why do you talk as if people that criticize the show are beneath you..
If you can't respect other peoples opinions on a THREAD made for the sole purpose of people voicing their opinions than why should we respect yours..

If you liked the episode, GREAT! Tell us why you liked it. And if you didn't, AWESOME! Tell us why you didn't.
But don't belittle other peoples opinions just because they don't coincide with yours.

With that said, I liked that we got to see that darker do whatever it takes to survive and protect the ones you love mentality from Rick.

I like how the episode ended in the sense that this last half of the season was all about the group splitting up and regrouping. Basically the end of one chapter and the start of the next.

But I also felt that the episode or at least rick wasn't consistent with his state of mind. You'd think Rick would be a little more hesitant and cautious about joining another "sanctuary" after woodbury. Or even trusting another human being outside of his group because of what just happened between him and daryl's old group.

Rick is the main protagonist, and we've seen him go through just about everything mentally and physically. I'm not saying I want to predict or agree with every decision he makes but I at least want to be able to understand why he makes the decisions he does.

But I think we're going to get another character changing moment with rick in this next season similar to when after Lori died.

I don't think you get the point and you just typed out an short essay for nothing.

Simply put and I'm not going to get into an arguing match just for the sake of staying on topic...

If you don't like a show, it's fine to criticize, but constantly coming here EVERY week just to whine about it is a bit much. Just use the remote and turn it to a different channel. It really isn't hard. What joy do most people get coming on here EVERY Sunday just to whine about how much the show sucks? Just stop watching and commenting.

If I think a show sucks, why waste time and post about how much it sucks EVERY week? It's wasted energy and some of ya'll are straight up buzzkills for those who do enjoy the show for what is. Some of ya'll want this to be an Oscar masterpiece than just enjoying it for an entertaining program.

Just like all this simpleton whining about Rick's using "messing" instead of "f_cking" is so tedious.

:yeshrug:

AITheAnswerAI

Ethereous one
Supporter
Daps
I think they pump faked us again. The cannibals might just be in DC.

Are you kidding? Of course the terminus people are cannibals, the "Fix them a plate" shyt and it just being meat. Did you see any chickens or cows up in that bytch? But you saw a long ass human like vertebrae in that cage didn't you? Not to mention that weird cult shrine with people's names written on the floor (victims)

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
The Good
Daryl lived
Michonne lived
Someone is actually taking care of Carl (Michonne)
Rick found his balls again
Maggie lived
Bob lived
Sasha lived
Tyrese lived (maybe)
Joe and his crew of rapists got the death they deserved
Rick, Michonne and Daryl as a team

The Bad
Michonne catering to Rick. I'm not sure what's going on there, but I hope it's not what I think.

Rick always lets other people look after his kids
The end of the episode was fukked. I don't like cliffhangers.
Beth lived

The Damn ugly
Carol is still alive. I hate that old b*tch
It was the season finale and it's not back until October

man, I been thining the same thing about rick and michonne for quite some time. I hope I'm wrong tho. that would be kinda weird IMO.

Soundbwoy

Accept to take the L
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Montreal
Are you kidding? Of course the terminus people are cannibals, the "Fix them a plate" shyt and it just being meat. Did you see any chickens or cows up in that bytch? But you saw a long ass human like vertebrae in that cage didn't you? Not to mention that weird cult shrine with people's names written on the floor (victims)
not to mention the grill running 24/7