Let the Dead Rest While They Still Can : The Walking Dead Season Four Thread

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
this isn't an end game type of show. hypothetically, it can go on as long as the ratings support it. all of the current survivors could die off and be replaced by a new group and the show would still be the same. hell, there's only 3 living characters from season 1 and that's rick, carl and glenn. hell, with the comics, kirkman said rick will die at some point. the story might become about carls journey from there on out.

this could go on for 10+ seasons easy, the storyline is already mapped for it. actually, AMC is already doubling down with a spin off series. :heh: they're going to milk this cow for awhile

And I don't expect anything less. I always said this is the type of show that can and probably will, go on for a very very long time. Just like with the graphic novels, as long as Rick is alive they have a show and can do just about anything. It's not like Breaking Bad where you're dealing with a main character that has cancer. What spin off ae they doing?

If the show followed the comics what season would the comics be on by now? Season 12-15?

Commander in Chiefin

Passing blunts and bills $$$
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Green Party
this isn't an end game type of show. hypothetically, it can go on as long as the ratings support it. all of the current survivors could die off and be replaced by a new group and the show would still be the same. hell, there's only 3 living characters from season 1 and that's rick, carl and glenn. hell, with the comics, kirkman said rick will die at some point. the story might become about carls journey from there on out.

this could go on for 10+ seasons easy, the storyline is already mapped for it. actually, AMC is already doubling down with a spin off series. :heh: they're going to milk this cow for awhile
:usure:

There's 5. How you gonna forget Darryl and Carol ?

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
here's an interview with Kirkman from a few days ago with a semi-spoiler on this issue (I'll let you find it yourself)

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Walking-Dead-Season4-Scoop-1071997.aspx

plus someone else's theories:

http://imgur.com/a/Pvy9R
NOw I am annoyed.
There are no hospitals and no scientists coming up with new antibiotics and shots to fight new diseases...the DCD blew the fukk up! Introducing a new non-zombie plague just paints the show into a corner because the Spanish Flu is a motherfukker that infected people from one side of the world to the other with about 100 million people dying. Considering that these people on TWD are living like it is the early frontier times they should all be dead by episode 4.
I think having them living with a dude who was a serial killer before the zombie apocalypse but who had been traveling alone for the most part since the end of the world and now he can get back to killing now that he is in a community full of people he can make his victims would be a cool story.

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
And I don't expect anything less. I always said this is the type of show that can and probably will, go on for a very very long time. Just like with the graphic novels, as long as Rick is alive they have a show and can do just about anything. It's not like Breaking Bad where you're dealing with a main character that has cancer. What spin off ae they doing?

If the show followed the comics what season would the comics be on by now? Season 12-15?
they haven't given much info outside of letting us know they're doing a saul spin off and a walking dead spin off.

ehh, i would say the show would be somewhere around season 10 depending on the pacing. the last show runner blew through about 15-20 issues of the comic in such a short amount of time. seems like this new season will be an attempt to scavenge some of the subplots that were completely ignored.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
well one thing is we're expecting this to all make sense and/or be scientifically plausible. we'll see I guess...
Even skipping actual science and just going by what the show has set up as a reference point, that kid was fine in the afternoon, complained of feeling a little sick by story time and dead by the middle of the night.
That is a fast moving situation.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
This chick is nothing special. Take any average girl to a professional photographer and makeup artist and you come out with the above.

nikka, no you don't.
I don't even dig white women like that, and I know Maggie ain't no reg.
She really don't wear makeup on a show about a zombie apocalypse.
Yet, is still hot in a zombie apocalypse.
Ol girl is attractive, period.

Art Barr

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Even skipping actual science and just going by what the show has set up as a reference point, that kid was fine in the afternoon, complained of feeling a little sick by story time and dead by the middle of the night.
That is a fast moving situation.

the pig as well

that's kinda what I'm saying though. they have to come up with some reason this illness doesn't kill everyone in a couple weeks. probably some people are immune, and/or there's certain conditions to catch it

CSquare43

Superstar
Daps
The new disease problem will allow them to kill off a whole slew of these new characters, scaling the group's numbers back down to a manageable number (for story related plots)...

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
well one thing is we're expecting this to all make sense and/or be scientifically plausible. we'll see I guess...
im not expecting this. it goes against against the whole genre and history of zombies. it's supposed to be a threat so unrealistic that it must be biblical.
The new disease problem will allow them to kill off a whole slew of these new characters, scaling the group's numbers back down to a manageable number (for story related plots)...
and i have a feeling the disease will target characters that havent it roughed it in the trenches. so most of the govenors group will be subject to that before characters like daryl and michonne.