Let an elite 19 year old defender drop to 10th in the draft

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
Pistons should've have passed on Winslow though. Him reggie Jackson and drummond in a few years wouldve been goat:ohlawd:

We'll see. I think Stanley will be fine.
I think Stanley Johnson is better than Winslow right now, tho. know Johnson's been struggling on offense lately but i based what I said from watching them play head to head in SL and the season thus far.

And im a Heat fan.
But notice i said "right now". Winslow is only 19 so he has time to grow into his body and develop his game. Combine that with his court vision and being a smart player i see way more potential in Winslow in a few years

Squirrel from Meteor Man

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
except he isnt a shoot guard. :mjlol:

bruh stfu nobody thought Kawhi would be as good as he is offensively. :camby:
Oh I know, because he can't shoot. He's small forward by force not by choice. Draft night it was "we found the next D Wade" now it's "he's a defensive small forward" :heh:

He won't be kawhi or Paul George because they're both over 6'8 who came into the NBA with scoring ability. Neither was a barely 6'6 defender who's main offensive skill is running the floor :camby:

Basaglia

All Star
Daps
Reppin
No
Oh I know, because he can't shoot. He's small forward by force not by choice. Draft night it was "we found the next D Wade" now it's "he's a defensive small forward" :heh:

He won't be kawhi or Paul George because they're both over 6'8 who came into the NBA with scoring ability. Neither was a barely 6'6 defender who's main offensive skill is running the floor :camby:

Kawhi not over 6-8 and he used to throw Thor hammers at the rim. You ain't gotta lie because you don't like Winslow.

WaddupDoe!

Steez.
Daps
Reppin
ByrdGang.
also it wasnt by choice he was going to be our SF from the jump. but keep thinking you know bruh. :ehh: also who was saying that? :comeon:

also Kawhi didnt come into the league with scoring ability. he was in the same boat as Justise, very good defense but was a project on the offensive side of the ball. he just happened to land with Pop who is a great developer of prospects.

manyfaces

Superstar
Daps
I think Stanley Johnson is better than Winslow right now, tho. know Johnson's been struggling on offense lately but i based what I said from watching them play head to head in SL and the season thus far.

And im a Heat fan.
But notice i said "right now". Winslow is only 19 so he has time to grow into his body and develop his game. Combine that with his court vision and being a smart player i see way more potential in Winslow in a few years
I can respect that. It's not much different than how I feel. Winslow is the better defender right now. He's also more athletic and a better finisher. From what I've witnessed he's also a creative passer to so I can see him being an initiater of offense in the future. Still has a lot to work on from an offensive standpoint imo. I imagine that the heat will slowly increase his workload io that side of the ball since they already have some capable scorers. He fits for what the heat need now and they can work on developing his offensive skills.

Now with that being said Stanley is far from a finished product. He has more polished offensive skills than Winslow, better ballhandler, probably better in between game and better shooter, but he will have to learn about shot selection and finding his spots. Suffers from tunnel vision when driving and gets himself into tough contested shots in the paint. He's a good passer though, especially in pnr situations, so I expect him to sort that out. He also has a big body but doesn't quite know how to use it yet to get his shot off consistently. And on defense he often crowds his man too much which allows him to get beat off the dribble and gets swallowed up by screens too often. Love how he rebounds, especially in traffic. So he's still got plenty to improve on as well and is full of potential. I get why SVG made the pick, his skill and attitude fit this team, and he actually really wanted to be in Detroit, which people actually had their doubts about with Winslow.

I look forward to watching them both develop, and not on some ol hating shyt, cause I like both their games.

Squirrel from Meteor Man

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
also it wasnt by choice he was going to be our SF from the jump. but keep thinking you know bruh. :ehh: also who was saying that? :comeon:

also Kawhi didnt come into the league with scoring ability. he was in the same boat as Justise, very good defense but was a project on the offensive side of the ball. he just happened to land with Pop who is a great developer of prospects.
I highly doubt Pat Riley thought his next small forward for the next 5 years would be 6'6 when the average small forward is at least 6'7 (probably 6'8) with scoring ability. It's probably the deepest position in the league after PG.

I'm sure he wasn't looking to pair his 6'4 2 guard with a small forward almost the same height who can't stretch the floor. He was brought in to back up d Wade and then take over his position :usure: seeing as he will never be able to do that, he has now been relegated to MKG status.

WaddupDoe!

Steez.
Daps
Reppin
ByrdGang.
I highly doubt Pat Riley thought his next small forward for the next 5 years would be 6'6 when the average small forward is at least 6'7 (probably 6'8) with scoring ability. It's probably the deepest position in the league after PG.

I'm sure he wasn't looking to pair his 6'4 2 guard with a small forward almost the same height who can't stretch the floor. He was brought in to back up d Wade and then take over his position :usure: seeing as he will never be able to do that, he has now been relegated to MKG status.
bruh it was know he was going to come & be Luols back up. riley never saw Justise as a SG, like EVER bruh. Justise may be 6'6 but his build & strength helps him make up for it. but im going to let you keep tell it because you obviously know what Pat was thinking as to why Justise is our back up SF & not SG. :rudy:

Captain Crunch

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NY
i know mario will likely develop into a great player too if he ever gets his offensive game down, but i don't know why magic didn't take him. especially since their coach is scott skiles, winslow would fit his gameplan/team a lot better than mario.

I love that Winslow fell to 10, but Mario can be what JR Smith should have been with defense and play-making(25ppg/4-6 apg/45 fg%). Best case scenario for Winslow would be Jimmy Butler.

Squirrel from Meteor Man

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
bruh it was know he was going to come & be Luols back up. riley never saw Justise as a SG, like EVER bruh. Justise may be 6'6 but his build & strength helps him make up for it. but im going to let you keep tell it because you obviously know what Pat was thinking as to why Justise is our back up SF & not SG. :rudy:
well if you and Riley think that way, you deserve all the first round playoff knockouts coming your way.

Have a 6'6 guy when you have to see Lebron, PG, Melo, Durant, Rudy Gay, harrison Barnes, kawhi, Marcus Morris, Greek freak, and Ben Simmons multiple times a year :mjlol:

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
He's also more athletic and a better finisher. F
He's athletic... but not a great finishe IMO. He's not a leaper that can jump out the gym or even jump period sometimes from what ive seen. I dont see him ever being an above the rim type player like Wade was or PG

he's also a creative passer to so I can see him being an initiater of offense in the future
Definitely

Now with that being said Stanley is far from a finished product. He has more polished offensive skills than Winslow, better ballhandler, probably better in between game and better shooter,
I dont agree with the "better ball handler" part but you're on-point with the rest. Winsow has handles. Showed it plenty in Summer Leagues. He just hasnt had to use it in the regular season