Legendary Dragon ball (Z and Super) creator Akira Toriyama has passed away

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
watched the first two episodes of dragon ball last night, I don’t think I’ve ever watched all of it.

think i’m going to rewatch everything through z and super which i never saw most of either.

not watching GT though. :heh:

Spades Of Aces

The Infinity Watcher
Daps
Reppin
Japan

:mjcry: R.I.P. Even though I didn't know him, he was a significant part of early years to even now. His work will definitely stand the test of time.

Flexington

All Star
Daps
For real? I watched at 6 AM on Saturday. One Saturday in fall 1997, and I had just started middle school, I just randomly got up at 6 am probably because that's what time I was waking up during the week. I turn on the tv and see this crazy ass show that's an hour block. I'm hooked. I. had never seen anything like that before. Weeks later my dad is watching it. "You watching that too?" and we started watching it together every Saturday morning at 6. I never knew it was on network tv during weekdays.

I discovered it similarly :pachaha:

Woke up too early and turned the tv on at like 6am, was flipping through and found Great Ape Vegeta and Goku fighting on the Spanish channel.

Couldn't understand a damn thing but was :gladbron:

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
I still have a book full of all the DBZ drawings I did in 4th-6th grade...dude's work awakened my creative side

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
funny thing is in my opinion Super not that much better then GT

Just my opinion
I wouldn’t be surprised which is why I kind of held off on ever watching it, but as far as I know Toriyama had almost nothing to do with GT

DeeezNuts

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Manhattan, NY
RIP.. I still remember the first time I saw dragon ball .. one of my mans from back then.. his brother was in the military and was stationed in japan.. his brother had came home on leave… and son brought back some tapes with dragon ball…shyt was like in 95-96… was a young ninja.. and mannnn.. shyt was so captivating .. and I’ve been fukkin with dragon ball since .. damn man… RIP

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
When Vegeta died on Namek while explaining to Goku that Freeza killed their entire race because he knew that one day one of them would rise up and be powerful enough to destroy him...

Some powerful shyt man :to:

Bro I used to spend WEEKS saving up $10 to go Downtown Brooklyn to Bargain Bazaar to cop 3 EPISODES of Dragon Ball Z on VHS... subtitled!!

With the Japanese commercials and all

I can't even truly describe how this mans work shaped my adolescence.

THE MAN MADE CHRONO TRIGGER BREH

Last edited:

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Anybody remember the OG dub of DBZ though? Vegeta sending nikkas to "the next dimension" :russ:

When I was in elementary/middle school in the 90s I used to wake up at like 6am on weekends to watch DBZ :wow: and there's not many things I'll wake up at 6am for :wow:

Was heated when Goku finally got to Namek after all those episodes and they went back to Episode 1 :mad: when Toonami dubbed the rest :blessed:

xCivicx

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl
For real? I watched at 6 AM on Saturday. One Saturday in fall 1997, and I had just started middle school, I just randomly got up at 6 am probably because that's what time I was waking up during the week. I turn on the tv and see this crazy ass show that's an hour block. I'm hooked. I. had never seen anything like that before. Weeks later my dad is watching it. "You watching that too?" and we started watching it together every Saturday morning at 6. I never knew it was on network tv during weekdays.
It was that and Sailor Moon