Legacy and Eastern Conference Supremacy | Official 76ers (#3) vs. Celtics (#2) East Semifinals Thread

Your winner

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Izanami

Superstar
Daps
That ‘don’t call timeout’ has lost meaning like a game of telephone. You originally did that off a MISS, or turnover, bc the defense is a lil confused and semi disarray. Ie Jordan’s last shot

You don’t NOT call a timeout off a made 3 :heh: There is no confusion their defense is set.

The confusion is on YOUR squad. They got smart walkin it up like he’s even needed. Then these nggas didn’t even go 1-4 flat they had 2 nggas come to set a pick like he even needs it :childplease:
It’s just inexcusable

GunRanger

Veteran
Daps
16 seconds left, tied game, and the best shot they could get was a Marcus Smart 3?

That is garbage. What are you talking about:why:
The celtics clutch offense stinks. It would have just been a tatum iso stepback 3 either way. The game was tied, they had zero reason not to ru the clock out. Smart made 4/8 from 3 at that point. It was wide open. People are only being results focused complaining abput it

The ot play was different

qashif

All Star
Daps
Kenny is exactly right.
the last possession by the Celtics was so incredibly low IQ
down by just 1, so why did they drain the clock for a last shot? :snoop:

Mike_Pipeson

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
HTX
Nikkas on here need to stop crying about coaches and timeouts and just put it all on the Beard. Had clowns making a whole thread saying the opposite for Coach Bud and wanting to glorify Butler but spouting the same shyt when it comes to Harden :mjlol: but wanna be taken seriously

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Kenny is exactly right.
the last possession by the Celtics was so incredibly low IQ
down by just 1, so why did they drain the clock for a last shot? :snoop:

Drain the clock out and go for the last shot has been the Celtics offense in that situation since the Pierce days it feels like

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
You know how Tucker had to go over to Embiid and yell in his face like "wake the fukk up!" when he seemed scared to do anything in the 4th.

The biggest reason why Marcus Smart is needed on the Celtics is because he has to constantly be that guy for Tatum. I feel like Brown is usually aggressive and locked in but his bball IQ isn't always there.. Tatum is literally going through the motions sometimes, I have no idea what he's doing in some of these stretches.

That's why Smart is needed because he's the only one who is able to keep focus on what they should be doing in any situation.

@UpAndComing @SchoolboyC If y'all want less Marcus Smart, then Tatum NEEDS to actually start being a leader. :manny:

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
Drain the clock out and go for the last shot has been the Celtics offense in that situation since the Pierce days it feels like
Outside of 5 teams, everyone else runs the same shyt. But you would think an elite team like Celtics be different. This roster has too many good pieces and shooting for it to be this simple.

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
You know how Tucker had to go over to Embiid and yell in his face like "wake the fukk up!" when he seemed scared to do anything in the 4th.

The biggest reason why Marcus Smart is needed on the Celtics is because he has to constantly be that guy for Tatum. I feel like Brown is usually aggressive and locked in but his bball IQ isn't always there.. Tatum is literally going through the motions sometimes, I have no idea what he's doing in some of these stretches.

That's why Smart is needed because he's the only one who is able to keep focus on what they should be doing in any situation.

@UpAndComing @SchoolboyC If y'all want less Marcus Smart, then Tatum NEEDS to actually start being a leader. :manny:

True you have a point. But I feel Brogdon is a player that fits better with Tatum and Brown than Smart does. Like you said Tatum and Brown at times lack that leadership/IQ in crunch time. Tatum and Brown need a playmaker and knock down shooter and Brogdon is the one to help them close out games, instead of what Marcus Smart is

I never liked Tatum or Brown being the initial ball handler in crunch time. Brogdon handling the ball with Tatum and Brown being off the ball would make the Celtics in crunch time 1000x more elite

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
True you have a point. But I feel Brogdon is a player that fits better with Tatum and Brown than Smart does. Like you said Tatum and Brown at times lack that leadership/IQ in crunch time. Tatum and Brown need a playmaker and knock down shooter and Brogdon is the one to help them close out games, instead of what Marcus Smart is

I never liked Tatum or Brown being the initial ball handler in crunch time. Brogdon handling the ball with Tatum and Brown being off the ball would make the Celtics in crunch time 1000x more elite

Brogdon should be out there, I agree with that. Joe sat him for the final 4 minutes and it made no sense. But that doesn't really have much to do with Smart either because the Celts are far more dangerous when they have two of Brogdon/Smart/White out there at all times.

Sorry to say but this isn't a series for Timelord.

That crunch time lineup should be Tatum/Brown/Horford/Brogdon and either Smart or White

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
Brogdon should be out there, I agree with that. Joe sat him for the final 4 minutes and it made no sense. But that doesn't really have much to do with Smart either because the Celts are far more dangerous when they have two of Brogdon/Smart/White out there at all times.

Sorry to say but this isn't a series for Timelord.

That crunch time lineup should be Tatum/Brown/Horford/Brogdon and either Smart or White

Ok and I would bench White for Smart. Derrick White is both a playmaker and shooter, which again Smart is not

Not to rag on Smart, but he makes the Celtics' offense clunky and stagnant. And White has been a better defender than Smart this season, so you are not missing much on that end either

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Ok and I would bench White for Smart. Derrick White is both a playmaker and shooter, which again Smart is not

Not to rag on Smart, but he makes the Celtics' offense clunky and stagnant. And White has been a better defender than Smart this season, so you are not missing much on that end either

I think White has been the better overall player this year but again he's not a leader on the team. Neither him or Brogdon have the built up cache. And that matters because when Smart is out there especially on defense he's the quarterback telling everyone exactly where they need to be.

This would all be moot if Tatum took the reigns as the leader.

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
I think White has been the better overall player this year but again he's not a leader on the team. Neither him or Brogdon have the built up cache. And that matters because when Smart is out there especially on defense he's the quarterback telling everyone exactly where they need to be.

This would all be moot if Tatum took the reigns as the leader.

Well Marcus Smart is scatterbrained himself who makes alot of dumb decisions, so I'm not sure that he should be looked at as the Jason Kidd/Chris Paul/Mike Connelly type player when he isn't. And Marcus Smart missed alot of games this season with Brogdon and White closing games with no issue

This is series is tied 2-2. Can't keep bumping our heads doing the same thing expecting a different result